Topics

mmorpg top 10

• dcbernman - September 12, 2012 5:48 p.m.

I wouldn't put them in the same vein as these mmo's here, but I've had a lot of fun with Dragon Nest, Rusty Hearts, and Vindictus. That said, I'll be saving up for a new computer (my rig is five years old and it's still holding together admirably) so that I can get the most out of GW 2 And maybe even SWtoR if (when?) it goes free to play. It's the closest I'll ever get to KotOR 3 anyway D:
  • dktuesday - September 14, 2012 1 a.m.

If you like those types of games RaiderZ dawg.
  • max-kolb - August 1, 2013 6:12 p.m.

lol GoW2 is not worth getting a new computer, it's a pretty shitty series. who wants to play a clunky 3rd person shooter? no one ever.
  • frank-handley - September 12, 2012 1:56 p.m.

Everquest 2 should be listed on here. It has been going strong for many years. Still has expansion packs coming out and has a large community. Since it went FTP the population increased and Sony has been adding a lot of new content.
  • Imgema - September 12, 2012 12:26 p.m.

How does DC Universe Online work? Everyone gets a super hero? Can't imagine walking around in a town full of batmans ans supermans...
  • Bantha_Fodder - September 12, 2012 4:51 p.m.

It's explained like so: *EXPOSITION* In the distant future, there's a big war where everyone but Lex Luthor dies. Braniac invades, kills everyone (but Lex Luthor) and condenses the superpowers into these things called Exobytes. Luthor steals the Exobytes and time-travels to the past to warn the Justice League about the invasion. They release the Exobytes to turn everyone into Metahumans so they can train them and fight off Braniac. *EXPOSITION* So everyone is either a Hero or Villain of their own creation (you choose your powers, costume, etc.) who trains under an established Hero or Villain (Batman, Superman, or Wonder Woman for Heroes, Joker, Luthor, or Circe for Villains). I recommend it, even if you don't read comics, it's a really solid game.
  • ObliqueZombie - September 12, 2012 12:10 p.m.

I'm still a huge fan of WoW. Still play it, still enveloped in its lore (Jaina Proudmoore: Tides of War is a fantastic novel), and I foresee myself playing it for quite the years to come. That said, I still bought SWTOR day one and loved it to DEATH. I'm very glad they're going F2P, but with benefits for long-time subscribers like myself. It's really great to see them alive, and I pray another Galaxies doesn't happen. Also glad to see a little love for Warhammer Online. It was definitely a fun time when I played it, especially being a Games Workshop fan across the board (no pun intended). Every race/class really captured what Warhammer was all about, especially the WAAAGGGH of the Orks. Great game, and I wish I had all the time in the world to squeeze that into my MMO list. Good article, Coop. I know see you as our resident GamesRadar MMO connoisseur. ;)
  • wuzabby-tfz - July 24, 2014 5:26 a.m.

Tried WoW. The graphics were pretty lame and the gameplay was very clunky. Not worth investing any amount of time . Hey lets get some stupid ass mohawk grenades or maybe a panda or 3. The stuff in this game, geared at zit faced pre-teens is staggering.
  • Bantha_Fodder - September 12, 2012 12:07 p.m.

Heh, nice one, putting TORtanic on the list at all. ... Oh wait, you're serious.... oh my...
  • Viron - September 12, 2012 8:07 p.m.

Nice troll attempt friend. Maybe next time you could actually think of something original, instead of the same thing everyone has seen a million times over. You know like SWTOR's combat system.
  • PanicJester - September 12, 2012 11:34 a.m.

Prostitution is illegal tho..
  • GamerTom27 - May 11, 2012 6:47 a.m.

It's World Of Warcraft every time for me. No contest. Although I do like a bit of Rift, which should be much higher up this list of Best Ever MMORPGs: http://www.btoe.com/lists/best-mmorpg-on-earth I've just voted for it. I do like DC Universe too.
  • maria-ger - April 10, 2012 1:07 p.m.

I play Jade dynasty, and love it :)
  • ObliqueZombie - March 18, 2012 11:26 a.m.

I'm still happily playing SWTOR, and I can't get enough of it. It actually makes me, you know, CARE about what I'm doing. Let alone my character that's more than a name and race. I'll be playing it for years to come, I can assure you.
  • Kristianna - March 21, 2012 3:16 p.m.

I second that :)
  • Shinard - March 25, 2012 1:45 p.m.

Look, I'd love to buy it. I played the Beta and the recent Weekend Pass and I got really sucked in to the stories of the Bounty Hunter and the Smuggler. BUT (and it's a big but) it just seems way too expensive for me to buy and subscribe to. You have to pay 35 quid straight off, then another 19 quid per two months? World of Warcraft needs no initial purchase (I think, correct me if I'm wrong) and is 9 quid for a month, but has such a dedicated fan-base and is frankly much older and more developed than SWTOR so it can pull it off. If they cut the price of the initial purchase and game time (maybe 20, 25 quid initially and 12-15 per two months of game time) then I would buy it and certainly finish every character's story before I ended my subscription. It is a great game, and deserves to be a paid game but it's just too expensive, IMO.
  • Shinard - March 25, 2012 1:48 p.m.

Oh, and I'm personally addicted to Champions Online at the moment. Not the king of MMO's, but fun.
  • ObliqueZombie - March 25, 2012 4:44 p.m.

Yeah, WoW had an initial purchase, and still does. It's also the same price each month (which, I'm not sure what quid is, but it's $15 a month). I'd say go for it, if you can. There hasn't been a better RPG story in a long while.
  • Shinard - March 31, 2012 12:45 p.m.

quid = £ (British slang:)). Fair enough, I'll give it a shot next time I have the cash.
  • Fuzunga - March 16, 2012 8:49 p.m.

Don't like MMOs much. Only one I've played for extended periods is City of Heroes (before it went FTP). Guild Wars 2 looks good though, and I love how it's free. But if the Amalur MMO plays anything like Reckoning... that's it for me. Instant buy.