Topics

mmorpg top 10

• ThundaGawd - March 16, 2012 12:21 p.m.

My favorite MMO has to be Vindictus, I've been playing it for over a year now and I don't plan on stopping anytime soon, it has a large, epic storyline told through instanced quests (unfortunately, the story is pretty linear so it doesn't change much no matter what character you play as), and the combat has to be the best I've seen in the genre, better than most high profile action games as well, for that matter :D
  • Ausoi - March 16, 2012 1:09 p.m.

I don't see WoW being #1 for much longer, based on the fact I get more spam email from blizzard trying to get me to resubscribe then my other junk mail combined.
  • Pwnz0r3d - March 16, 2012 1:42 p.m.

Its weird... Blizzard keeps sending me emails regarding purchases and notices that my account will be banned soon.. But I've never touched WoW. Nor do I have a credit or debit card.
  • DrakeDT - March 16, 2012 1:47 p.m.

Those emails aren't actually from blizzard. It's phishers trying to get people to give up their login information.
  • Ausoi - March 17, 2012 6:20 p.m.

Actually its not phishing it really is Blizzard, hate to rain on your parade. If you play WoW just watch once you stop subscribing...
  • ZaroXen - March 16, 2012 1:58 p.m.

That's probably because it is not Blizzard, but rather so called phishing-attempts where a malicious 3rd party is attempting to trick you into giving them your Blizzard account details.
  • chris-nichols - March 16, 2012 1:56 p.m.

I began playing WoW some 5 years ago, now I am bored with it and the playing. Watned sometjing new so, I started anw MMO online called Global Agenda. Global Agenda is made y Hi Rez studios. It is a Sci FI based MMO, jet packs and guns. Hi Rez also make a shooter game called Tribes Ascent. For those that do not kow tribes legacy, Halo, Call of Duty, Battlefield, are all slow shooters in comparison. Hi Rez has done an awesome job, yet is rarely recongnized. Reminds me of when tribes orginally came out as a game and Halo overshadowed it, Halo sucks incomaparison. Try it and find out!!
  • Kleineganz - March 16, 2012 2 p.m.

I have been playing WoW for years and I don't see myself quitting, but I also have been dabbling with Aion and I'm happy to see it made the list. :)
  • Mezolitik - March 16, 2012 2:31 p.m.

I dunno...you've played one MMO, you've played them all. The only two MMOs I've ever got into are Sword 2 (before it became a cash-fest) and FFXIV...mostly because I had IRL friends in both. I think that's the thing with MMOs; unless you've know people that play them, they are all exactly. the. fricking. same. I was really underwhelmed with DC Online. When I played it, just after it turned F2P, it was just a nightmare of fetch/grind quests. The same with DnDO.
  • Mezolitik - March 16, 2012 2:31 p.m.

you*
  • KnowYourPokemon - March 16, 2012 5:40 p.m.

I have to agree with this. The only reason I still have a WoW subscription, let alone the only reason I ever made it passed level 20 when I first started to begin with, was only because I had friends to talk to/play with while playing.
  • lilbuddha - March 18, 2012 4:54 a.m.

FFXIV is possibly the worst MMO I've ever played. Even after a year of being completely free to play, it is still an incredibly buggy, broken, limited experience. If you're basing MMO's solely on that and Sword2 (which I haven't played personally) then you're not really seeing what good can be seen in the genre.
  • TheZigMan - March 16, 2012 3 p.m.

EVE online has the best PVP out of all of these
  • ArbiterX - March 16, 2012 3:23 p.m.

I understand WoW being 1st, but how the hell did Rift make second ?? I thought atleast SWTOR eould beat it, All Rift is a complete and utter terrible WoW copy, made different enemies and than they slapped on a different name.
  • ArbiterX - March 16, 2012 3:24 p.m.

would*
  • - March 16, 2012 3:44 p.m.

Totally disagree. Rift is my personal favorite MMO on the market right now. The combat system is very WoW-esque, but WoW's was also very Everquest-esque. SWTOR bored the living crunk out of me with its banal cutscenes. Sorry, Bioware, but just because you put it in a cutscene with different camera angles doesn't make it not-a-quest-about-killing-10-bunnies. Rift has a ton of great ideas and an awesome community. I'd have voted for it for #1.
  • KnowYourPokemon - March 16, 2012 5:37 p.m.

While SW:TOR wasn't my cup of tea I would still agree it deserves 2nd more than Rift. Rift literally is copy/paste of WoW with much better graphics. At least SW:TOR added a few things that I now think should be essential in every laid back MMO, RIFT really didn't add anything note worthy other than Rifts which weren't as innovative as they could've been.
  • Ausoi - March 17, 2012 6:24 p.m.

to say that? You would have to bash WoW because that is a ripe off of Everquest... Man i really don't like when people jump to the conclusion that WoW is the first MMORPG ever... Just because it's the most mainstream..
  • kiing8kong6 - March 16, 2012 5:08 p.m.

What is that last picture of?
  • Tyrande - March 16, 2012 5:27 p.m.

the secret world