• Stabby_Joe - April 1, 2011 1:29 p.m.

Why is it that I have always take issue with claims leveled at Shadow of the Colossus than most other games? I still loved it... "Close to perfection"? While I could dispute that, instead I'll just shut up and enjoy the well put together article.
  • AndIThoughtHeSmelledLikePizzaOnTheOutside - April 1, 2011 1:27 p.m.

Really!? Talkradar! Really? It must be April fools day because I looked through your stupid list and there is not one, NOT A SINGLE ONE, amiga a zx spectrum game. I have like 18 that would be more fun to play then portal or uncharted2! . . . . . . Actually I agreed with this list overall. It hit most of my favorites.
  • Crofto - April 1, 2011 1:25 p.m.

Sorry, my bad, Arkham Asylum was my game of the year in 2009!
  • Crofto - April 1, 2011 1:23 p.m.

Obviously don't agree with the overall tone of the list (The Sims 3 higher than Okami? 'K); Mass Effect 2 and BioShock being so high show how your taste isn't generally great since they're both 8/10 games, at best. Arkham Asylum, also, while my game of the year last year, isn't actually *that* remarkable to be so high on the list. But whatever, could go on forever. Anyway, what does give this list a small nod of approval from me -- and I generally never agree with these lists on any site, in fact I instantly despise them and the writers afterwards, so consider yourself lucky! -- is having Wind Waker in the top 5. Wind Waker is massively under-appreciated, and I salute you guys for giving it the top spot over OoT and TP, 'cause even as good as they are, Wind Waker is a masterpiece of gaming design. It's also timeless, and still quite possibly the most artistically beautiful game ever released, and due to the way it looks is still better looking than modern games. Yes, really.
  • copedude - April 1, 2011 1:07 p.m.

also I see alot of people putting down portal as number 1 but not adding their own in replacement. Just saying
  • copedude - April 1, 2011 1:01 p.m.

I'm sure someone already said this but Heart Gold/Soul Silver > Black/White
  • AlaskaGrown - April 1, 2011 12:57 p.m.

Great article guys. I cannot begin to imagine how difficult this must have been - like picking which is your of your favorite child. I look forward to hearing more on Tdar.
  • db1331 - April 1, 2011 12:49 p.m.

I will back Metroid Prime as well. I played the game for the first time not even two years ago and it completely blew my mind. It absolutely still holds up (at least the trilogy version). Also, seeing Wind Waker made me smile. I just bout a 10' Gamecube controller extension cable from Amazon last night so I can play through it again IN BED. I don't know if that's cool, or sad, but I did it.
  • SlinkyDink - April 1, 2011 12:42 p.m.

and where the fuck is Pokemon SNAP!
  • SlinkyDink - April 1, 2011 12:41 p.m.

Final Fantasy VII is NOT on the list! This sort of behavior is what keeps me coming to to your site every day. That game is so overrated.
  • TheHolyHandGrenade - April 1, 2011 12:30 p.m.

Love this article, totally agree with portal being numero 1. I loved that game to death.
  • PushesPaperInACircle - April 1, 2011 11:59 a.m.

Brett's Nintendo biased stank was all over this. All the games than really need to be represented are here, but I can see how people had problems with the order. Portal 1st? Really?
  • FlagrantPilgrim - April 1, 2011 11:47 a.m.

For a minute I was afraid GTA4 wan't going to be there. San Andreas has an epic singleplayer, as does RDR, but GTA4's multiplayer has stolen my heart. It was the 3rd game I bought for the PS3, and 4 years later my friends and I still dick around in free mode for around 10 hours a week.
  • Clovin64 - April 1, 2011 11:26 a.m.

Nice list! most of my absolute fave games ever made it in, which made me Happy Face :) I personally find it very difficult to put my fave Final Fantasy games in order, but I agree that FF6 and FF10 are both better than FF7.
  • bellium - April 1, 2011 11:25 a.m.

Fantastic article. Couldn't read everything, but kinda agreed with most of it (specially top 5). One detail, Sonic CD released for PC too and not only Sega CD. Cheers GR team!
  • ShortFuse - April 1, 2011 11:11 a.m.

Great so see Wind Waker getting the love it finally deserves. I was about 13 when I got it and was a little sceptical at first but then upon playing it I fell in love with it. Still not quite my fav Zelda (which is probably Majora's Mask for some reason) but I definitely think WW is the most playable, enjoyable and as you pointed out timeless entry in the series!
  • Cat_Mundy - April 1, 2011 11:03 a.m.

Grim Fandango is 50 places too low.
  • luckyseven - April 1, 2011 10:58 a.m.

170th!!! Great stuff guys..glad grim fandango made the list
  • veryweirdguy - April 1, 2011 10:37 a.m.

Listen, guys, where is 50 Cent: Blood on the Sands? Excellent list apart from that. I don't agree with everything, but who would? A lot of my personal favs made the top 20 (and most of them were in the top 10!) so I'm happy. Currently I am running through all the Zeldas in preparation for Skyward Sword, so I'm really glad to see two of the ones I haven't played are on here! Definitely gonna try and pick up a couple of the classics I haven't ever played (Chrono Trigger here I come...!) Thanks GR, you da bestest.
  • fireworks - April 1, 2011 10:33 a.m.

great list guys, 2 words for you though.....monkey island!