• kit07 - April 1, 2011 10:23 a.m.

great list guys. my prediction for #1? was super mario world. didn't get it right but you had some of my favs in there so i can't complain. probably one of the best lists i have seen. can't wait for the nest 100 list in another five years to see how much things have changed anyhoo cya
  • Ilyere - April 1, 2011 10:05 a.m.

Wow, putting Portal as number one is getting a lot of backlash. But I can agree with the reasons that you given for other games. (As a total RPG fangirl, I would move some games around... But that's just me ^^)
  • SoMi - April 1, 2011 9:10 a.m.

I really liked the list, especially Tetris (fond memories of playing it as a kid) and Portal (Glados is one of my favorite game characters ever). However, I can't help but wonder how Myst would have factored in, if anyone would have taken time to remember it. It's kind of one of the most brilliantly moody games ever, and I still try to play it from time-to-time (the graphics and everything else are fine, but the original version causes occasional crashing of the old computer we have). Now I never played the later versions of Myst to see how they compared, but I would like to know how the best of them would rank if they were considered.
  • aJAWSOMEocelot - April 1, 2011 9:10 a.m.

BWAAAAAGH! ZOMG! WTF?! WHY IS METAL GEAR NOT NUMBER ONE?! RAAAAAAAGE!!! But actually, this was a beautiful list and I agree with most entries, you guys are awesome!
  • Woodrow83 - April 1, 2011 9:04 a.m.

Well that was a bunch of crap!
  • DIStroyinmasses - April 1, 2011 8:55 a.m.

where is Final Fantasy 7 & 8, 12 was wasy better then 10 aswell Portal WTF overrated minigame
  • SpikroddNG - April 1, 2011 8:51 a.m.

Based on the disclaimer given at the beginning and the preceding list, I can agree with like 95% of this list (I would have put Diablo II higher,but that's just me...). I was delighted that WWF: No mercy made the list, appalled that FF VII got axed and shocked that Portal was #1, then I nodded in agreement. To make people happy in some areas, you should get like a 25 game honorable mention thing as well. You guys explained the reasoning with a lot of sequels and other games and such, but what about other insanely popular games? Some people might want an answer on why Twisted Metal: Black was cut or something. Related note, how was Twisted Metal: Black cut?
  • FVDub - April 1, 2011 8:49 a.m.

Thank you for placing Mass Effect 2, Wind Waker, and Super Metroid in the top 10. Those are 3 of my favorite games ever. I half expected Okami to crack the top 10.
  • austincharlesbond - April 1, 2011 8:46 a.m.

Metroid Prime?
  • austincharlesbond - April 1, 2011 8:45 a.m.

I don't know why websites make lists like this. I did not like this list, and I'm sure there will be a lot of others who don't. These things are bound to make hate.
  • Smeggs - April 1, 2011 8:39 a.m.

My ass is going to be playing Wind Waker when I wake up. I remember how great that game is. Sailing across a beautiful sea, I see an island in the distance, a pirate lookout rising from the waves, and then-UH-OH! Giant Octorok! The level of exploration in that game was IMO what made it the best, being able to just sail off in a random direction and find a new undiscovered land. Also the story was at its base the same, and yet it was so unique and fresh in every other aspect ("I was born on a nice little island. Uh-oh, sisters kidnapped, gotta work with some pirates to get her back. Gonna save the Rito and Deku Tree, now gonna kill Gano-Crap, he's still alive. Time to go to Hyrule castle which is in the ocean. Hyrule sank into the ocean because of Ganon?! That Bastard, I'm so mad I could stab him in the fa-Oh wait"). I was also glad to see Kingdom Hearts on the list, just thinking about the game makes me nostalgia all over the place. Now that Nomura himself said there's gonna be a KH3 after the 3DS game in Famitsu magazine I'm happy there will be a closing chapter finally too all the prequel-madness.
  • SirNinja - April 1, 2011 8:19 a.m.

This was an unusually well-thought-out Top 100 list. I notice a lot of comments pointing out certain choices as "daring" or "ballsy", but...I don't really think they were. I didn't even blink when I saw Portal at #1, especially after reading the criteria at the beginning. I'm really not sure if I would change anything about this list, actually. For once, here's a top 100 that actually looks like the product of a lot of thinking and debate. Props.
  • Gene - April 1, 2011 7:53 a.m.

Looking through the pages: Fine... Fine... Fine... Until the last page: WIND WAKER? THE HELL? WHAT THE HELL? Anyone who places Twilight Princess and Wind Waker on a list and ignores Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask has something wrong with them. To say that OoT has aged badly is a downright lie - it hasn't, and Majora's Mask has held up even better. *Fumes* Other than that, though, I can only really think of one big miss, and that's Metroid Prime on the GC. So in a last of 100 games, only a few really notable mistakes. That's not half bad, GR. *applause*
  • Peloun - April 1, 2011 7:39 a.m.

NO PERSONA ?
  • ALinkToTheZack - April 1, 2011 7:11 a.m.

Obviously no one will agree with the entire list 100%, but I sure enjoyed reading it nonetheless. I do enjoy a well thought out top 100.
  • KaiokenKid - April 1, 2011 6:59 a.m.

I personaly dont get all the portal love. It was a good game, but it wasnt the best ever.
  • PanzerDSS - April 1, 2011 6:55 a.m.

WHERE THE HELL IS PANZER DRAGOON SAGA??? Good job on the list, guys, but as a Saturn owner, I feel there are some omissions, like the entire Panzer Dragoon series and NiGHTS. I know you can't please everyone, but what about just me. :(
  • p0wnd - April 1, 2011 6:52 a.m.

PORTAL?!?!? I disagree but accept this.
  • wedgie - April 1, 2011 6:45 a.m.

oh and Infamous too
  • wedgie - April 1, 2011 6:43 a.m.

Not so sure about Number 1, but overall great list. I saw in the comments what you guys already said about Goldeneye, and there are only a few other games that come to mind for myself. Namely Dragon Age (Really enjoy that game) or maybe some other classic Bioware games, as well as Star Wars Battlefront. Hope they make another Battlefront, played it so much and it is a great game.