• lovinmyps3 - April 2, 2011 5:35 a.m.

I am extremely surprised that I agree with almost this entire list. I would obviously rearrange the numbering according to my gaming tastes (put Assassin's Creed II much higher, move WoW much lower). There were many games I had no opinion on simply because I hadn't played them. There was only one game that I thought didn't deserve to be on this list: Minecraft. That slot, even at number 100, could have been taken by a better game, such as an entry of the sorely absent Devil May Cry series (probably 3), or Bayonetta (one of my personal favorites). Oh well, opinions! I'm surprised by GTA IV being at #4 though. While it is my favorite GTA game I don't see it being better than Red Dead or any of the top 10. I'm actually surprised at how upset I was that a great game like GTA was at #4. I personally don't think it deserves a spot in the top 10, maybe the top 25 though. And while I would put Twilight Princess over Wind Waker personally, I can see why it was placed where it was. You have persuaded me on that one GR. And just a personal pat on the back to me for this being my 1000th comment on GR! =P
  • spartan6431 - April 2, 2011 5:32 a.m.

@Tyler: Yeah well i guess, but Max Payne should have been there according to me, its responsible for much of the third person shooter mechanics in use today. But again, I am a Max Payne fanboy (if there is such a thing), so I'm probably biased :D
  • krebstar - April 2, 2011 4:58 a.m.

This list is silly
  • Solid_Gabriel - April 2, 2011 4:45 a.m.

I should've gonne sleeping two hours ago, before I decide to read this list. I'll consider this as an april fool's joke and pretend it's not for real.
  • Helios - April 2, 2011 4:08 a.m.

I wasn't sure I would fully agree with #1. But then I saw it, and I concur. Great choice.
  • Flashinthepan - April 2, 2011 3:59 a.m.

@FlashDancerElite I agree with both Link's Awakening being better than A Link to the PAst and Ocarina of Time being better than Twilight Princess, especially with the newer, more upgraded graphics coming out on the DS. Also, Prime is my fave Metroid game, though my Super Metroid ignorance could be the reason. Nintendo love to the rescue!
  • Flashinthepan - April 2, 2011 3:42 a.m.

Valve FTW. Though i think Tetris Blast for the Game Boy is a way better game than Tetris. If you're recommending a game for the modern gamer, something a little faster paced is ideal, don't you think. Plus, Tetris Blast is my favorite game of the original Game Boy era, which you neglected to put on your best Game Boy games list.
  • aang1050 - April 2, 2011 3:21 a.m.

While I agree with most of this list, I think that: 1. Portal should be a bit lower 2. Arkham Asylum should be a bit higher 3. Kingdom Hearts 2 should be on this list, because even though the first game is awesome, the second game is more playable now a days because it fixed many of the control and gameplay problem the first one had
  • GhostLightning - April 2, 2011 3:06 a.m.

Coming into this I knew I'd disagree with at least some choices. But Portal as the greatest video game of all time? That's completely ridiculous IMHO.
  • aequitas13 - April 2, 2011 3:03 a.m.

Where's Thief II ?!?!
  • TheWebSwinger - April 2, 2011 2:24 a.m.

Disagree.
  • SunniDee - April 2, 2011 2:11 a.m.

No "The world ends with you" why oh why it is an excellent game.Come on man. And i never Bitch about how my game didn't make it but come on.
  • HardMetalManiac - April 2, 2011 2:10 a.m.

Screw that poll last week, this is the greatest Gamesradar article ever
  • groovy3000 - April 2, 2011 1:22 a.m.

overall good list but its missing my two favourite games ever, mgs4 and fallout: New Vegas
  • DamnHippy - April 2, 2011 1 a.m.

I got worried When I didnt see portal on the list, but then i saw #1; Crisis avoided :p
  • BottleBank - April 1, 2011 11:58 p.m.

Portal may be one of the cleverest games i have ever played, but the best of all time? Nah, i'm not having that. That said, its a pretty great list, great to see my personal faves such as Resi 4, Half-Life 2 and Mass Effect 2 scoring so high! A little bummed out by the preference for Twilight Princess over Ocarina, disagree with that. Wind Waker is great though, nice to see how well appreciated it is these days.
  • BrittonPeele - April 1, 2011 11:27 p.m.

I can only imagine how much arguing went into the making of this list...
  • BishopofHippo93 - April 1, 2011 11:06 p.m.

No. Portal is not the best game ever. It was good, but not that good. I disagree, as will many others, but thank you, everyone at GR, for taking the time to make this article.
  • initialreaction - April 1, 2011 11:04 p.m.

Although I thoroughly disagree with a lot of this list, I really enjoyed reading it. I don't agree at all with the way this list was numbered. Some games were placed higher on the list than other games when they really shouldn't, and in particular, picking Portal as your #1 game of all time is a pretty atrocious statement to make. It is a great game, but if you honestly think that Portal is the #1 game of all time, you are being fucking ridiculous. I would LOVE to hear how everyone came to an agreement with the numbering of this list. Again, I really enjoyed reading this (I read all 12 pages) but some of your choices are a joke.
  • KREATIVEassassin - April 1, 2011 10:48 p.m.

The only thing that kind of bothers me about the list is that there's not a single Sega Genesis game on it. Really? Not even one? Also, I agree with Portal being on the list, but not number one or even near number one. Also x2, I agree with Ocarina of Time NOT being on the list at all.