• Zepaw - April 2, 2011 7:49 p.m.

Also Portal is good but one of those few things that I hear so much praise of it makes me like it less despite myself. I played it and enjoyed it but would not have even put it in the top ten. Just replayed it last week and it did not hold up for me. Great game yes, greatest?
  • Zepaw - April 2, 2011 7:39 p.m.

My opinions of best games do not match up to well with yours. Would have been fun to overhear the meeting deciding these.
  • richep - April 2, 2011 7:34 p.m.

Good list...totally think Elite should be on here though abolutely awesome game. Did I miss FF7 as well that surely deserves to be in the top 100
  • chilarome - April 2, 2011 7:04 p.m.

LOTS and LOTS of love and decision making went into this article. You guys rock! This could be a "Yes, I've played it" checklist for all gamers and a "To-Do" list for most!
  • TheWhiteLight - April 2, 2011 7 p.m.

Overall, pretty great list. The one ommission that really got me though was Majora's Mask. I know I'm still in the minority when I say this, but I still think it's the best Zelda game out there. The repeating 3 day cycle remains to this day to be a really unique way of experiencing the story, and being able to see the consequences of your actions play out each time you repeat them. It's also easily the darkest/weirdest game in the series.
  • MediocreDinosaur - April 2, 2011 6:37 p.m.

No TWEWY. I'm....very sad. A good list. But then, if you satisfied everyone's favourite games, then this list would reach well into the millions. A job well done.
  • caramellojello - April 2, 2011 5:53 p.m.

Mario 64 is the best game of all time and beats all of them by far.
  • GrandMoffBubbles - April 2, 2011 4:21 p.m.

Ok, I don't have much to complain about. I'm just glad a Bioware title made the top 10. Although I am very interested in how you guys managed to come to a consensus on Number One. Ahhhh, to be a fly on the Gamesradar wall during THAT discussion.
  • GrandMoffBubbles - April 2, 2011 4:04 p.m.

I would simply like to say that I read the disclaimer before voicing my praise or condemnation. Sometimes I DO follow instructions. Cheers dudes for undertaking this monumental lightning rod.
  • ninjastrike34 - April 2, 2011 2:38 p.m.

Tell me if i'm wrong, but WHERE THE HELL IS SLY COOPER?!
  • ithurtstopoop - April 2, 2011 1:24 p.m.

Fine list gentlemen, fine list. Also 287th!!!
  • Bobishungry - April 2, 2011 11:41 a.m.

This is a great article but i wish that AC 2 was a bit closer to number 1.
  • quincytheodore - April 2, 2011 8:55 a.m.

Hmmm I found Orange Box in my old pile of DVD yesterday.. You guys hyped me to it. Played and finished Portal, and it's surprisingly short. Perhaps only 4-5 hours of total gameplay. It's definitely interesting, unique and witty, but I don't know if it's number one. Surely there are some better ones, like MGS, FF series, Chrono or something. Just my opinion.
  • CurryIsGood - April 2, 2011 8:45 a.m.

noooooooo red aleertttt????
  • Spybreak8 - April 2, 2011 8:35 a.m.

Just browsed through the comments and after seeing everyone saying oh you forgot or you should have had this game on the list I thought of one HUUUGE one, Battlefield 1942. The Counterstrike of the Battlefield games, this is the origin of where it all began and you could play it today and get extreme gaming pleasures now.
  • Romination - April 2, 2011 8:25 a.m.

I'm a bit bummed that Metroid Prime couldn't make this, since it's such an amazing experience and does everything Super Metroid does, but in 3D, but I know there are people who aren't as fond of it and would fight it off for something like Super. I wish there was more of an explanation for why there was no prime though... Also, I hate Chrono Trigger. Seeing it rank at #3 is such an eye-rolling bother to me.
  • Spybreak8 - April 2, 2011 8:09 a.m.

I loved reading through this. I just have to say I'm sad not to see more strategy games on this list. From the boom, (spice boom maybe) of Dune 2 to the chaotic WW2 battles of Company of Hereos, you're missing some veeeerry important strategy games. Warcraft 3 might have the hero units but man oh man where would we be if Age of Empires didn't come out?! Rock, Paper, Scissors-Soldier, Archer, Calvary
  • Imthedoctor - April 2, 2011 7:26 a.m.

Portal? #1? ..can't say i agree, but that is a damn fine game indeed. Good choices. Suprised Ratchet and Clank or Crash Bandicoot wern't up there, but man am I glad Modern Warfare 2 wasn't up there! ^_^ thank god. Modern Warfare 1 was amazing though, the 2nd one though..bleh :P
  • ClassicCreation - April 2, 2011 7 a.m.

It makes me sad that Batman: Arkham Asylum didn't get placed higher. I thought that it was a masterpiece.
  • ichigoame - April 2, 2011 6:51 a.m.

I basically want to play chrono trigger because of this http://www.cracked.com/blog/chrono-trigger-2-benders-time-trippers-balls/