• DreamWeaverPL - April 4, 2011 2:23 p.m.

Fuck this shit. I've lost all my hope in Games Radar. Goodbye.
  • BaraChat - April 4, 2011 11:46 a.m.

Well, I could get worked up because my top two games of all-time, the only two "perfect games" I've played, which I still play to this day, are out of this list. (Metroid Prime and Ocarina of Time) But I've learned that getting pissed because of such a list is pointless, so great job guys.
  • kingsmikefan - April 4, 2011 4:41 a.m.

where is Jak II? I'm sad now...
  • KREATIVEassassin - April 4, 2011 4:23 a.m.

@Shinespark428: Seriously? Nightshade? Perfect Dark? Dead or Alive 4? On a list of the 100 best games of all time? It's also their opinion of the best games, not just random good games like Crystalis and Journey to Silius. You'd seriously put Journey to Silius on a list of the best 100 games of all time? By your line of thinking, I should be livid over Metal Storm not being on the list.
  • MmmmCanadaDry - April 4, 2011 1:53 a.m.

i was like "i wonder if portal got 1st place" and i skipped to the last page anndddd PORTAL WINS THE INTERNETSSSSSSS
  • tyler_14_420 - April 3, 2011 11:52 p.m.

I can't disagree with any of the games here. All of them made significant leaps of faith with what they did and succeeded well. Whether it be the various time-travelling and multiple endings of Chrono Trigger, to the epic story-telling of Modern Warfare. Each one has played their own part and contributed to the history of games. While the list is the best of the best and not necessarily the "most ground-breaking or popular", being the best of the best, they have been ground-breaking, unique, insightful and fun. All the games I played on this list, I ended up putting significant chunks of my life into, whether it was trying to finally get to Yoshi on Super Mario 64 or chasing Lavos in Chrono Trigger. While a list is subjective, it's hard to argue that this list is completely wrong. In what it's trying to accomplish, it is a vast listing of many great games that have made significant contributions to the industry and ultimately stand out as some of the best games of all time. I couldn't of picked better myself.
  • BackwaterRifle - April 3, 2011 10:44 p.m.

#101 Pikmin 2
  • Shinespark428 - April 3, 2011 8:51 p.m.

I'm really really sorry, I honestly meant to stop but I forgot some REALLY important games that didn't make this list. Actraiser, Hagane, Double Dragon II, and both Ninja Gaiden 1s (NES and X-Box).
  • Shinespark428 - April 3, 2011 8:16 p.m.

Also Killer Instict and Cave Story, oh and please add an "edit comment button" Gamesradar. This didn't have to be 3 posts.
  • Shinespark428 - April 3, 2011 8:03 p.m.

And possibly Pokemon Silver and Timesplitters 2. Also, as much as I enjoyed Portal, it's the video game equivalent to an EP. It doesn't feel as long as most full length games. Same with Batman: Arkham Asylum. I'm long over those, and I had at least as much fun with Mass Effect 2, which laster WAY longer.
  • Shinespark428 - April 3, 2011 7:58 p.m.

Congrats, you just gained a new poster due to the incredible amount of fanboy rage this list caused me. Now, I don't know how many of these you COULDN'T put on the list, but here's a list of some of the games that were probably qualified enough that DIDN'T make the list. Metroid Prime, Legend of Zelda: OoT (it's more of an evolution than Twilight Princess), Nightshade (NES), Crystalis, Megaman X, Civilization IV,Banjo Kazooie, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Perfect Dark, Castlevania IV, Contra IV, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Super Mario World, Journey To Silius, Blaster Master, Mario Paint, Wario Land 3, Shantae, Crazy Taxi, SSX 3 and SSX Tricky, Final Fantasy IX, Sonic 3 and Knuckles, Phantasy Star II and IV, Shining Force I and II, Final Fantasy IV, Final Fantasy Adventure, Streets of Rage, Dead Rising, Resident Evil 2 and Code Veronica, friggin' Goldeneye (how many people will still be playing Halo 3 15 years later), Dead or Alive IV, Earthworm Jim 2, Star Fox and Star Fox 64, Eternal Darkness, Sanity's Reqium, Jet Grind Radio, Revenge of the Shinobi, and Shinobi 3.
  • Jorw - April 3, 2011 6:13 p.m.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that they just forgot about Metroid Prime. There's no way anyone would say that ALL of these games are better than it.
  • gmknoble - April 3, 2011 4:39 p.m.

Sexcellent
  • DateWithDensity - April 3, 2011 4:36 p.m.

Good article, but I don't agree with the number one spot at all. You argue about games that can still be played and enjoyed in this day and age, but considering the length of Portal, I'd bet you'd remember all the answers to the puzzles, therefore the feeling of satisfaction felt on the initial playthrough wouldn't be there anymore. Of course, this can be said for a lot of games, and since my favourite is amongst this list (Okami) I think I'll shut up now. XP
  • Mackly - April 3, 2011 4:29 p.m.

I'm glad many of my favorites liek minecraft, counter-strike, and tf2 got in this list.
  • kiba640 - April 3, 2011 3:57 p.m.

No Monkey Island? I am deeply saddened but I guess that there was a reason for it not to be put in....
  • sternparez - April 3, 2011 3:15 p.m.

man this took me a good hour and a half, I disagree with a lot of it (Halo, Gears, Assasins Creed and God of War ahead of MGS3 puh-lease!) but it was one hell of a read
  • sohaibifikhar - April 3, 2011 12:38 p.m.

Grawsome list GamesRadar... This list is what made me join you guyz!!!
  • Ulukai - April 3, 2011 12:14 p.m.

This list needs more: Thief II - One of the best stealth games of all time X-Com: Enemy Unknown - One of the best stratedgy games of all time. Monkey Island - When you think adventure games you think Monkey Island. Not forgetting: Timesplitters, Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines, Unreal Tournament, The Longest Journey, Duke Nukem 3D, Wipeout HD, LittleBigPlanet, Dino Crisis, bla bla, bla bla bla, blaaaaa blaaa, etc, etc. But most importantly Outcast! No seriously it was quite the revolutionary title at the time... its just hardly anyone played it. It was the Okami of its generation. =(
  • pka4lif - April 3, 2011 6:56 a.m.

when is the podcast of the debate being posted. Very much interested in hearing that convo!