• talleyXIV - February 18, 2013 12:42 a.m.

I don't know what you guys did, but the list looks a lot better.
  • talleyXIV - February 18, 2013 12:53 a.m.

My only complaint is that Zelda could arguably be on here over 10 times. Same with Mario games.
  • brad-downam - February 18, 2013 6:04 a.m.

Golden Eye 64, and I assume they left out arcade games....turtles in time?
  • dave-leone - February 18, 2013 8:48 a.m.

No Donkey Kong? No Goldeneye (revolutionized 3D FPS), no Doom? No Total War (May be a stretch) but if you look at my steam account Skyrin and Rome: TW have the highest played hours. Much more than Bioschock and Portal even though i absolutely love those games and have beaten them multiple times. Star Craft should be much higher on the list. Also probably have put the most time into all the Final Fantasy games overall. Mario Party was also a cool revolution. That being said its damn near impossible to make a good list and everyone will never be pleased.
  • TheDudeFromNowhere - February 18, 2013 11:34 a.m.

Top ten was interesting. Chrono Trigger, Shadow of Colossus, and Wind Waker are definitely great games. I don't know about Portal being number one, but everyone has their opinion.
  • gerald-obrien - February 19, 2013 3:53 a.m.

What age was the reviewer that did this then? 5 ? He seems to have no respect for the ground breaking games of the past. Ocarina of time, mario 64, mgs1, half life 1, unreal tournament, pong, Tetris, crash bandicoot. And portal is apparently the best game ever? laughble, its about 5 minutes long and stole all its best bits from half life. Yep, hats why I rarely go to this website for anything games related.
  • GR_LucasSullivan - February 19, 2013 2:36 p.m.

can I come over and play Pong sometime
  • Fox_Mulder - February 20, 2013 5:52 p.m.

Good. GTFO and never come back. Fucking hypocrite.
  • helder-oliveira - February 19, 2013 6:19 a.m.

Did I see it right?! No Street Fighter 2?!?! I'm not a big fan of beat'em ups these days but SF2, MK2, Final Fight or Streets of Rage 2 could have made that list.
  • StreetsOfBlaze - February 19, 2013 7:48 a.m.

This list is a joke...tons of classics not here...portal number 1? are you easily impressed PC whores? if going to number it is easy like Super Mario Bros 1 or Shenmue for example...ps. GamesRadar turned to crap after some your key people left (like Chris Antista)
  • usmovers_02 - February 19, 2013 8:37 a.m.

This list seems like it was thrown together in an hour. Most people agree that ME3 is better than ME2 despite the ending. Also, Portal 2 is VASTLY superior to the amazing Portal 1. And that's just the beginning of the issues with this list. But GR knows knows nobody ever agrees with these lists. That's why they make them. To get people talking.
  • bamit11 - February 19, 2013 4:12 p.m.

People really should read the first slide, and Portal is way overrated. It is a good game, but not even deserving of the top 20.
  • usmovers_02 - February 20, 2013 9:53 a.m.

I think the game is freaking amazing. It's on MY top 100 (near the bottom) but I can totally understand why it isn't on everybodies top 100.
  • Moondoggie1157 - February 19, 2013 8:51 p.m.

Portal, again?
  • ihopethisisnotantistasblood - February 20, 2013 7:28 a.m.

i still disagree with portal being numero uno
  • rmnke - February 20, 2013 10:47 a.m.

ladies and gentlemen, scrolling through the list I noticed a total lack of RTS games. That's fine with me, although I don't get why one of the Age of Empires games wasn't included. Anyway, the game that I miss the most is Anno 1404. There are a lot of reasons why this game should've ended up in the list. First of all, its level of detail is astonishing, secondly, the game mechanics are perfectly balanced. Moreover, the different scenarios that the game offers lets you see the games abilities in a different perspective and it is the only game I know with an achievement system that actually contributes to the gameplay. Anno 1404 and its expansion pack 'Venice' should be on the list.
  • matthaeus-hippi - May 7, 2013 8:57 a.m.

Not only RTS: but also turn based strategy (with the exception of civ5) and simulation games were completely omitted. The list lacks: the Anno series, the AoE series, the HoMM series, Stronghold, civ4, battle realms, cossacks series, KoH, AoW, Mount&Blade, the Europa Universalis series, the Crusader Kings series, Sins of a solar empire, SW EaW, and many, many more.
  • Technodude - February 20, 2013 12:20 p.m.

I'm in agreement with most of this list actually. I reckon Dead Space deserved to be a bit higher, out of all the games there it definitely made the most of crafting the atmosphere and making it a chilling experience. It should really have been Portal 2 at number 1, it was leagues ahead of the first in both gameplay and storytelling. And I'm actually really surprised there was no mention of Tomb Raider, Crash Bandicoot, LittleBigPlanet or one of the old Pokemon games at all in this list - I'm pretty sure Tomb Raider/Pokemon was one of the main games that defined the console era, let alone the puzzle/RPG genre. And LBP is the only game I know that gives the player complete freedom in level creation without making it ridiculously complicated. I'm also glad there was no Oblivion or Skyrim on here :p
  • Fox_Mulder - February 20, 2013 5:50 p.m.

Skyrim WAS on here.....
  • matthaeus-hippi - May 7, 2013 8:51 a.m.

I agree. If they're gonna put retro games in there, crash bandicoot is a must (also something like pokemon red = a whole generation of gameboy-ers), instead of multiple marios and stuff. Also, at least one elder scrolls should have found its way in, even though i'm not a huge fan, but a lot of people are, so they might as well have put it in. There are, though, a lot of strategy games missing, besides gothic 1 also should have found it's way in there.