• Shinespark428 - April 7, 2011 5:27 a.m.

@KREATIVEassassin it was just my oppinion, and I didn't say all of those games would make it high on the list. That and I was brainstorming the ones they didn't put on the list that MAYBE would make good candidates (and most of them did). Funny how you argued against Nightshade (NES) and Journey to Silius, but didn't argue against Double Dragon II despite the fact many people would. And frankly Nightshade is only my personal opinion, I realize not everyone would agree, however some may very well. Yeah, it's fairly slow paced most of the time and the point and click elements are clunky by today's standards but it did an open world....on the NES. That and the puzzles and combat were actually pretty cool. Enough about that though. I really do like more stuff on the list than not, but there are a few glaring omissions. I'm more upset about the lack of games like Metroid Prime, LoZ: OoT, or Goldeneye than most things. Also, peace out, you sound like you could use it my friend.
  • metalgatesolid - April 6, 2011 6:04 p.m.

Ooooooooooooooooooooh no. Dont agree at all. MGS, Super Mario World and GTA:SA should all be in the top 5. COD above MGS!!!??? NEVER
  • crumbdunky - April 6, 2011 3:01 p.m.

And another day comes where the World sees Portal as amazing and not as the boring, easy, unchallenging one trick pony I find it to be. Certainly, I fail to see why ANYONE would ever play it through twice so as far as replay value goes I see none. Seriously, once you beat the puzzles what's left? Portal2 seems more interesting purely because there's more to it.
  • fatcat6 - April 6, 2011 12:33 p.m.

i have the oppourtunity to get killer 7 OR silent hill 2, not both which one should i get? nice article btw
  • Svage - April 6, 2011 6:42 a.m.

@ JADENkOTOR This list is about games you would want to play. Its about games that transcend time and don't lose their appeal. I for one would gladly play Tetris over Mass Effect 2. Tetris is just plain old fun. Theres a reason why its still around. A classic is a classic. It never gets old.
  • Svage - April 6, 2011 6:35 a.m.

I was like...Portal better be on here. And sure enough. It got the #1 spot.
  • pollenski - April 6, 2011 1:08 a.m.

Thief 2 Hitman 3 Monkey Island 1 or 2...couldnt decide XCOM: TFTD Also Sega Rally WAS awesome but cmon...Dirt takes priority now.
  • Fedexcommando - April 5, 2011 11:22 p.m.

WHERE THE FUCK IS SLY COOPER!?!?!?!? I HATE YOU FOR HAVING A DIFFERENT OPINION ON A GAME I LIKE!!1 That is basically every rage comment here....but seriously....where the fuck is Sly Cooper?
  • Charlie0108 - April 5, 2011 8:48 p.m.

Wondering whether they really think that Portal is the best game ever or whether putting it at number one is just part of the advertising deal with Valve for Portal 2
  • EDfromRED - April 5, 2011 7:46 p.m.

Great article, masterpieces galore. I had all forgot about Cobra triangle untill I saw the screen shots, fantastic little gem!
  • TheDude97 - April 5, 2011 5:55 p.m.

No MGS4? :( And very surprised Orciana didn't make the cut.
  • PS3WolfUK - April 5, 2011 5:03 p.m.

Who are the idiots who created this! talk about rubbish!! probs not even 5% of these I'd agree with! Stupid! Unrealist! Where are the proper games like Duke Nukem etc??!! Wake up and get a life!! What a rubbish read! If your a big gamer do not go past page 1!!
  • michaelwhitty - April 5, 2011 12:11 p.m.

Where is max payne?
  • Ultima - April 5, 2011 8:25 a.m.

This is generally the best top 100 list I have ever seen but I also cant agree with portal being number 1. It is a very clever game but its also very short and linear. It is a mere snack of a game compared to the sunday roast that is Chrono Trigger or Half Life 2
  • LOUDERkirk - April 5, 2011 7:07 a.m.

lol so funny story, as i started reading this i thought to myself "Portal better be on this list" and then as a i continued reading i got to around 30 and still no Portal. I began to get angry. at around 15 i almost commented that i hated you guys for not putting Portal on the list. 10, 9, 8, Fuming... 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, infuriated... 2..... YAY!!!!! porrtallll!!! I then exclaimed to myself
  • super0sonic - April 5, 2011 7:06 a.m.

This list is more or less fine except for one point. We Love Katamari is a better choice then Katamari Damacy.
  • Fro4show - April 5, 2011 4:59 a.m.

FIRST!! *sniff* no fallout 3? dawwww... oh well. This list may have ruined my eyesight, but it was worth it. Out of it I got some brilliant game recommendations as well as more gaming savvyness. I guessed the winner so I'm gunna go get myself a victory cookie. Thanks GR!
  • bball42242442 - April 5, 2011 2:55 a.m.

no Marvel vs. Capcom 2 or 3...? or Ninja Gaiden? or LittleBigPlanet? AND HOW IS GOLDENEYE NOT ON HERE ANYWHERE?!?! ok end rant...
  • bball42242442 - April 5, 2011 2:49 a.m.

ummm there is no way Galaxy is better than 64 but ok w/e. Pretty good list but i've never heard of like 20 of the games and i've only played like 20 of them too lol
  • Pacific - April 20, 2012 6:13 p.m.

The thing is its the best games now, rather than at the time they were released. I agree with you the sense of wonderment when first playing Mario 64 was probably more than with Galaxy though.