• Staadsyboy - July 2, 2011 1:40 p.m.

Played a lot of those games, couple don't seem to deserve it. And my one other criticism, where's Fable II?
  • mttmercado - June 28, 2011 6:41 a.m.

yes, portal at the top of course, but portal 2 now out i gotsta say i think its better then portal 1, even tho portal had that little something of surprise portal 2 HAD in diffrent ways
  • Maksimovic - June 30, 2011 12:37 p.m.

I agree, Portal 2 topped Portal. I wouldn't have put Portal as best game of all time, but I would put Portal 2. That said, some stuff here is pretty debatable. My biggest problem with the list is the placement of Uncharted 2 above Red Dead and Bioshock. Both of those were better. And I really have no idea why you even put Super Mario Bros 3 there. There are several platformers that are better than it.
  • ThatGuyFromTV - June 16, 2011 9:41 p.m.

willmaster123, I'm hoping that your #6 is only there as a South Park reference...
  • willmaster123 - June 16, 2011 5:55 p.m.

ehhh, i mean, portal is a great game, but in all honesty i think you guys put it there because portal 2 had just come out so your liking of the series was at its peak. The best games in my opinion? 1. Half Life 2 2. Bioshock 3. MGS series 4. Final Fantasy VII 5. World of Warcraft (for sheer popularity and addictiveness) 6. Hello Kitty Island Adventure
  • HeroOfLegend - May 30, 2011 4:56 a.m.

They said that Wind Waker is the best Zelda game ever made? Well...GamesRadar, I...I think I love you.
  • OXIDE - May 18, 2011 7:39 p.m.

I'm so pissed off!Portal, basically a HL2 "mod" & inspired after System Shock 2 & others.GlaDOS is a combination between Hal-9000 & SHODAN.Come on man, a miscelaneous puzzle game bundled in the Orange Box as a bonus game was declared GOAT by GamesRadar, this is ridiculous, pathetic.I'm outta here. Nr#1 is Super Mario World, the game that polished the Mario series & is Miyamoto's Favourite Mario Game of all Time.Its endlessly replayable & enjoyed by everybody, everyone, age, sex group, nationality etc.It's short, it's simple, it's eye candy it's everything you want good from life.Will a 5 year old girl will ever enjoy Portal?Or an 80+ grandpa?I doubt that. Super Mario World is nr#1, Portal is nr#45.
  • Sabtos - May 2, 2011 2:59 a.m.

Infernog, Heavy Rain is worse than Portal. Hence, not a good comparison. Just wanted to state another fact derived from my infallible logic.
  • Sabtos - May 2, 2011 2:55 a.m.

I just want to be the first to ever correct an article of this nature: BioShock is better than Half-Life 2. In every single way.
  • InFeRnOg - April 23, 2011 7:59 a.m.

This feature is old now but I was compelled to leave my comments about your #1 choice. I didn't play Portal until a day ago. I heard that it was awesome and I just never got around to playing it. With Portal 2 out recently I felt obliged to get the first and see what all the fuss was about. Well less than 2 hours and less than 5 deaths later I had beaten Portal and I couldn't help but think, "Wow I am glad that didn't cost more than $10". Don't get me wrong; Portal was unique and fun but INCREDIBLY easy and maybe it was because of the glimpses of the story I had seen but it certainly didn't make me feel anything (not like, say, Heavy Rain). Portal is NOT deserving of the #1 game of all time. Sorry Portal fanboys, but it just isn't. It was FAR too easy and FAR too brief to even be considered. Was it unique? Definitely. Did it tell a good story in a good way? Sure. But I destroyed the final boss in a few minutes as I would any other and when it was done I felt a giant, "Meh" towards the whole thing. Other games like the aforementioned Heavy Rain made me literally jump out of my chair, feel sorrow, or extreme joy (let's say GoW3 when you kill Poseidon as a recent example). Portal is unique. It is a good experience. But it is pedestrian in its puzzles (or I just 'think in portals' in my natural life and I am a bizarre outlier) and it is lacking in emotional connection and sense of accomplishment. I certainly won't pay for Portal 2 until it is $10-20 as, if it is anything like the original, I will feel cheated at spending money on such an easy quest. In summary: Portal is good; just not THAT good. If I paid more than $10 for it I would've felt supremely disappointed. Way too easy and who cares about a computer? Really.
  • cjw415 - April 22, 2011 1:15 a.m.

This is the most accurate representation of the best games of all time, but where's pong, the true first videogame?
  • SideSmash - April 15, 2011 11:28 p.m.

I guess the community of GR doesn't understand what an "opinion" is.
  • waitingforCharlietosnap - April 13, 2011 11:30 p.m.

Why is GamesRadar my favorite (and really, only) games site? Articles like this
  • jaffa_5 - April 12, 2011 11:40 a.m.

i agree with all you're choices i might not like soe of the game but i can see why u picked them. and its good to see minecraft making the list :D and i 100% agree with portal being number 1 its unlike anything u had played before
  • Randomwordcombination - April 11, 2011 10:55 p.m.

I think Portal was a great choice.
  • grizzly311 - April 11, 2011 5:40 p.m.

I don't see the need for 2 GTA's on the list. Actually, if I had to pick one, I would go with Vice City. It had such a fun vibe to it. To date, the only GTA that I was able to finish to completion. I tried the others, but they just didn't feel right to me.
  • mattersnotnow - April 11, 2011 5:49 a.m.

Oh, best 100 games lists... Lots of disappointment with the ones missing and a feeling that they're pointing the obvious with the others. Anyway, I get a feeling that it's uncool to like FFVII, but it did deserve to be on the list for it's battle system, world, story and soundtrack. No MegaTen love!? That's ridiculous!!!
  • inconceivable - April 10, 2011 8:11 p.m.

This is incredibly impressive, and probably the best GR article ever. Now I feel guilty that I put off reading it for several days.
  • hfghg - April 10, 2011 1:54 p.m.

http://0845.com/J50 I tide fashion Good-looking, not expensive Free transport
  • TheAztec - April 10, 2011 6:09 a.m.

WHY ISN'T THE SECRET OF MONKEY ISLAND HERE?????