• Mode - April 20, 2012 12:12 p.m.

Really now? Portal is the best game of all time? And I was really shocked to see Half-Life 2 even on this list. My top 5 games of all time are: 1. Fallout 2 2. MGS3: Snake Eater 3. Deus Ex 4. BioShock 5. The Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past
  • tfninja - April 19, 2012 5:10 a.m.

portal? PORTAL???? oh please that wasnt even the best game of last year. let alone ever. nothing gets past final fantasy 7. nothing. how dare you.
  • fish94 - April 20, 2012 1:09 p.m.

Even as a huge FF fan, I have to say, FFVII is massively overrated. Fantastic game? Yeah. Best game of all time? Hell no. Though, I'd argue the Compilation of FFVII as a whole is one of the greatest things ever.
  • YellZombie - April 6, 2012 12:25 a.m.

Im a huge Resident Evil fan and while Im glad that RE4 ranked so high, RE2 is the Best resident evil game ever. I also like the fact that they stated the inability to walk thing. The more twitchy action you add to Resident Evil Games the more survival horror is taken out of it.
  • YellZombie - April 6, 2012 12:39 a.m.

On a non resident evil note. -Happy for Portal, just glad it wasn't some mindless shooter. -Tony Hawk 3! awesome! I played that game to death and im in no way a skate boarding fan.
  • Shweetooth - April 5, 2012 6:07 a.m.

Seriously? PORTAL is the BEST GAME EVER MADE?! no way in hell. i mean the game is great but BEST EVER? no way.
  • Elard621 - March 26, 2012 5 p.m.

(Hope that a Gamesradar editor answers my question)¿Is there going to be a list in 2012? I want to see how 2011 (great year for videogames) affects the list. I really want to see the rank of Skyward Sword in the list. I think that it would replace Twilight princess as 29th.
  • over4you - March 25, 2012 9:23 p.m.

yessssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i was scared taht i wouldnt see any portal on the list i am more of a call of duty and halo and battlefield fanboy althouggh i can never miss a zelda mario or metroid but when i picked up portal i just loved that game so much and portal too was even better yeah i didnt epect to see it as number one even though it was my altime favorite game
  • jonarooni - January 14, 2012 8:35 p.m.

Great list but the one thing that surprised me was when I saw Okami at 40 then scrolled down to see The Sims 3 at 39... I personally felt that it was a bit off... I would switch those around at the very least, other then that I agree I really like the list and was really happy to see Shadow of the Colossus at number 7 (Probably my favourite game of all time) My top 5: 5. Metal Gear Solid 4. Okami 3. Final Fantasy VI 2. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (I have the 3rd instalment but haven't played it yet as my PS3 is in another country) 1. Shadow of the Colossus Looking back on my list you can probably tell that I'm a bit of a Sony fan but in all honesty even after having played most consoles (since the NES) and most top scoring games, this list is still what I would put as my top 5 :-) PS. Why do so many people put Tetris so high up? I've never really understood that...
  • stev0 - December 14, 2011 9:32 a.m.

Metroid Prime is an egregious omission.
  • ericthesmith - September 12, 2011 12:04 p.m.

This was the first I found of this website. By the time I got to #2 Tetris #1 Portal it was pretty much solidified as my favorite already. Gamesradar rules.
  • liadz - August 28, 2011 2:28 a.m.

Man, I just found this site some days ago via the news in Raptr, but it is turning into one of my favorite video games sites and great lists like this are the main reason. The description of Chrono Trigger brought tears to my eyes, this game I played as a kid, when I still didn't know English enough to decipher it's system and story but that made me discover the RPGs (yeah, rest of the world, this is my FFVII) giving me the main reason to learn English =P After some years, well, I must have finished this game at least 15 times. Great rest-of-the-list too, good to see people who can appreciate the old and the new.
  • ncurry2 - August 26, 2011 8:27 p.m.

Ya, probably no one still viewing this but I'm gonna come out and say it anyway. Maybe it was all the hype surrounding portal or maybe I'm just a freaking genius but Portal just didn't do that much for me. Yes, it was pretty fun. But it was so easy and short that I didn't feel like I had accomplished anything really. If it's going to be a puzzle game, it needs to be easy enough that everyone can eventually figure it out but hard enough that you feel smart for solving it. None of portal made me feel like that. Really nothing about it made it stand out other than how incredibly short it was. I know the fanboys will say that they just didn't want to fluff it and that they added everything that needed to be added and nothing more. I am going to call BS on that since it sounds like all portal 2 did was add a whole lotta stuff. But I understand that this is just gamesradar opinion and that they're entitled to it. Gamesradar is by far the best gaming website out there and I do respect their opinion. I just disagree with it. If I had to be completely objective, I would probably put bioshock as number one. If I could be subjective, it would be Twilight Princess hands down :P
  • Staadsyboy - July 2, 2011 1:40 p.m.

Played a lot of those games, couple don't seem to deserve it. And my one other criticism, where's Fable II?
  • mttmercado - June 28, 2011 6:41 a.m.

yes, portal at the top of course, but portal 2 now out i gotsta say i think its better then portal 1, even tho portal had that little something of surprise portal 2 HAD in diffrent ways
  • Maksimovic - June 30, 2011 12:37 p.m.

I agree, Portal 2 topped Portal. I wouldn't have put Portal as best game of all time, but I would put Portal 2. That said, some stuff here is pretty debatable. My biggest problem with the list is the placement of Uncharted 2 above Red Dead and Bioshock. Both of those were better. And I really have no idea why you even put Super Mario Bros 3 there. There are several platformers that are better than it.
  • ThatGuyFromTV - June 16, 2011 9:41 p.m.

willmaster123, I'm hoping that your #6 is only there as a South Park reference...
  • willmaster123 - June 16, 2011 5:55 p.m.

ehhh, i mean, portal is a great game, but in all honesty i think you guys put it there because portal 2 had just come out so your liking of the series was at its peak. The best games in my opinion? 1. Half Life 2 2. Bioshock 3. MGS series 4. Final Fantasy VII 5. World of Warcraft (for sheer popularity and addictiveness) 6. Hello Kitty Island Adventure
  • HeroOfLegend - May 30, 2011 4:56 a.m.

They said that Wind Waker is the best Zelda game ever made? Well...GamesRadar, I...I think I love you.
  • OXIDE - May 18, 2011 7:39 p.m.

I'm so pissed off!Portal, basically a HL2 "mod" & inspired after System Shock 2 & others.GlaDOS is a combination between Hal-9000 & SHODAN.Come on man, a miscelaneous puzzle game bundled in the Orange Box as a bonus game was declared GOAT by GamesRadar, this is ridiculous, pathetic.I'm outta here. Nr#1 is Super Mario World, the game that polished the Mario series & is Miyamoto's Favourite Mario Game of all Time.Its endlessly replayable & enjoyed by everybody, everyone, age, sex group, nationality etc.It's short, it's simple, it's eye candy it's everything you want good from life.Will a 5 year old girl will ever enjoy Portal?Or an 80+ grandpa?I doubt that. Super Mario World is nr#1, Portal is nr#45.