• KREATIVEassassin - April 9, 2011 1:28 p.m.

"Also, peace out, you sound like you could use it my friend." You were the one signed up due to the "incredible amount of fanboy rage," not me. I'm quite calm. The reason I didn't mention Double Dragon 2 is because it makes more sense than some of the other picks you listed that I singled out. I also only really commented on your first post. Otherwise, I'm sure I would have said something about Hagane being on it, too.
  • MrMoobs - April 9, 2011 12:15 p.m.

GTA IV at 4? Dullest game ever! Saints Row 2 is far more entertaining, thats what a game should be.
  • e1337prodigy - April 9, 2011 10:42 a.m.

Bad Company 2 needs to be on this list somewhere, destructible environments make a great multiplayer experience. Although Red Faction was the first to have destructible environments iirc.
  • rockzombie - April 9, 2011 5:56 a.m.

Overall I though the list was ok, my only complaint is that nothing from the battlefield series made the list.
  • docterpepper23 - April 9, 2011 5:37 a.m.

Ok this is fairly decent. BIG PROBELMS. 1. Portal is way too high. 2. GTA San Andreas is way better than GTA4 (GTA$ has no place on this list) 3. FINALLY. WHERE IS 007 GOLDENEYE??? TOP 5 NO QUESTIONS ASKED, IF NOT THE BEST OF ALL TIME.
  • fernandoperez243 - April 9, 2011 5:36 a.m.

Is my first time here. So, we'll see!!!
  • Shamanoid - April 9, 2011 12:41 a.m.

Judging by the fact that portal 2 is out soon and the fact that this list has portal 1 as the #1 game, i wonder if valve had some money to dish out on advertisment and gamesradar editors being happy and commenting like that have anything in common?
  • blscactus - April 9, 2011 12:34 a.m.

I agree for the most part, but I'd just like to say.... *ahem PORTAL IS THE MOST OVERRATED GAME OF ALL TIME!
  • vikingsteve - April 8, 2011 7:10 p.m.

This site needs an edit function so I don't have to post like 6 things in a row as I think of them. The lack of taste in these comments is depressing. So many people so content to say "Oh, the list wasn't half bad" when the Top 20 was an abomination and the lack of multiple titles from the same franchise just shows that GR didn't want to think about this list very hard. I should make my own top 100 list...
  • vikingsteve - April 8, 2011 6:58 p.m.

That's stupid. The best games ever made are usually part of a franchise, and that franchise usually puts out MORE of those amazing games. To not have sequels on the list is to exclude other amazing games. Whatever though, it's a list on the internet. As if anyone cares outside of this discussion box... I was just trying to stir up some deeper discussion about the games that are not on this list.
  • vikingsteve - April 8, 2011 5:47 a.m.

You won't find many simplistic games on my top 20 list. Mario fanboys can get fucked, the game may be popular and fun, but it has nothing for story and the characters are pretty hollow. If it were a popularity list, Mario would be #1, but this is a top 20 games of all-time greatness list that I put together... /thread hijack.
  • vikingsteve - April 8, 2011 5:37 a.m.

My top 20 would be something like this, and yes, I am an MGS fanatic: 1. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater 2. Half-Life 2 3. Final Fantasy 6 4. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots 5. Half-Life 6. Metal Gear Solid: Tactical Espionage Action 7. Fire Emblem 7 8. Final Fantasy 7 9. Chrono Trigger 10. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion 11. Deus Ex 12. Final Fantasy 9 13. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty 14. Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts 15. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 16. Metroid Prime 17. Silent Hill 18. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City 19. Resident Evil (GameCube) 20. Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver I have not finished GTA: San Andreas, and I have not played Shadow of the Colossus. I REALLY wanted to put Quake, Doom, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Goldeneye 007, and Perfect Dark on here... but they don't really have a story to prop them up like these other games do. Certainly some of the best FPS around though...
  • vikingsteve - April 8, 2011 5:16 a.m.

The top 20 alone kills any credibility to this list. Uncharted 2? Red Dead Redemption? GRAND THEFT AUTO FOUR IN THE TOP 5? Gtfo, seriously, GTA4 is easily the worst of the entire franchise. Wind Waker is also the worst of the Zelda franchise unless you're like 10. The absence of Metal Gear Solid 1/3/4 in the top 10 is asinine, Half-Life 2 is top 3 all time, and FF6 is top 10 all time. I can't believe you guys were actually serious about this list! Talk about misguided... Why is it that gaming websites never seem to get ranked lists correct? You have to include a Metal Gear Solid title in the top 10, Half-Life 2 in the top 5, and FF6/7 in the top 10. There is no debating their places, they should NOT fall out of the top 10. It's like saying Joe Montana wasn't the greatest QB of all-time, or that Jim Brown isn't the best RB of all time. It's simply not debatable.
  • Charlie0108 - April 7, 2011 7:10 p.m.

Just completed Portal for the first time, it took me 4 hours have no inspiration to play it again, this list is a shambles
  • Shinespark428 - April 7, 2011 5:33 a.m.

"Than most games" that is.
  • Shinespark428 - April 7, 2011 5:27 a.m.

@KREATIVEassassin it was just my oppinion, and I didn't say all of those games would make it high on the list. That and I was brainstorming the ones they didn't put on the list that MAYBE would make good candidates (and most of them did). Funny how you argued against Nightshade (NES) and Journey to Silius, but didn't argue against Double Dragon II despite the fact many people would. And frankly Nightshade is only my personal opinion, I realize not everyone would agree, however some may very well. Yeah, it's fairly slow paced most of the time and the point and click elements are clunky by today's standards but it did an open world....on the NES. That and the puzzles and combat were actually pretty cool. Enough about that though. I really do like more stuff on the list than not, but there are a few glaring omissions. I'm more upset about the lack of games like Metroid Prime, LoZ: OoT, or Goldeneye than most things. Also, peace out, you sound like you could use it my friend.
  • metalgatesolid - April 6, 2011 6:04 p.m.

Ooooooooooooooooooooh no. Dont agree at all. MGS, Super Mario World and GTA:SA should all be in the top 5. COD above MGS!!!??? NEVER
  • crumbdunky - April 6, 2011 3:01 p.m.

And another day comes where the World sees Portal as amazing and not as the boring, easy, unchallenging one trick pony I find it to be. Certainly, I fail to see why ANYONE would ever play it through twice so as far as replay value goes I see none. Seriously, once you beat the puzzles what's left? Portal2 seems more interesting purely because there's more to it.
  • fatcat6 - April 6, 2011 12:33 p.m.

i have the oppourtunity to get killer 7 OR silent hill 2, not both which one should i get? nice article btw
  • Svage - April 6, 2011 6:42 a.m.

@ JADENkOTOR This list is about games you would want to play. Its about games that transcend time and don't lose their appeal. I for one would gladly play Tetris over Mass Effect 2. Tetris is just plain old fun. Theres a reason why its still around. A classic is a classic. It never gets old.