• ThatGuyFromTV - June 16, 2011 9:41 p.m.

willmaster123, I'm hoping that your #6 is only there as a South Park reference...
  • willmaster123 - June 16, 2011 5:55 p.m.

ehhh, i mean, portal is a great game, but in all honesty i think you guys put it there because portal 2 had just come out so your liking of the series was at its peak. The best games in my opinion? 1. Half Life 2 2. Bioshock 3. MGS series 4. Final Fantasy VII 5. World of Warcraft (for sheer popularity and addictiveness) 6. Hello Kitty Island Adventure
  • HeroOfLegend - May 30, 2011 4:56 a.m.

They said that Wind Waker is the best Zelda game ever made? Well...GamesRadar, I...I think I love you.
  • OXIDE - May 18, 2011 7:39 p.m.

I'm so pissed off!Portal, basically a HL2 "mod" & inspired after System Shock 2 & others.GlaDOS is a combination between Hal-9000 & SHODAN.Come on man, a miscelaneous puzzle game bundled in the Orange Box as a bonus game was declared GOAT by GamesRadar, this is ridiculous, pathetic.I'm outta here. Nr#1 is Super Mario World, the game that polished the Mario series & is Miyamoto's Favourite Mario Game of all Time.Its endlessly replayable & enjoyed by everybody, everyone, age, sex group, nationality etc.It's short, it's simple, it's eye candy it's everything you want good from life.Will a 5 year old girl will ever enjoy Portal?Or an 80+ grandpa?I doubt that. Super Mario World is nr#1, Portal is nr#45.
  • Sabtos - May 2, 2011 2:59 a.m.

Infernog, Heavy Rain is worse than Portal. Hence, not a good comparison. Just wanted to state another fact derived from my infallible logic.
  • Sabtos - May 2, 2011 2:55 a.m.

I just want to be the first to ever correct an article of this nature: BioShock is better than Half-Life 2. In every single way.
  • InFeRnOg - April 23, 2011 7:59 a.m.

This feature is old now but I was compelled to leave my comments about your #1 choice. I didn't play Portal until a day ago. I heard that it was awesome and I just never got around to playing it. With Portal 2 out recently I felt obliged to get the first and see what all the fuss was about. Well less than 2 hours and less than 5 deaths later I had beaten Portal and I couldn't help but think, "Wow I am glad that didn't cost more than $10". Don't get me wrong; Portal was unique and fun but INCREDIBLY easy and maybe it was because of the glimpses of the story I had seen but it certainly didn't make me feel anything (not like, say, Heavy Rain). Portal is NOT deserving of the #1 game of all time. Sorry Portal fanboys, but it just isn't. It was FAR too easy and FAR too brief to even be considered. Was it unique? Definitely. Did it tell a good story in a good way? Sure. But I destroyed the final boss in a few minutes as I would any other and when it was done I felt a giant, "Meh" towards the whole thing. Other games like the aforementioned Heavy Rain made me literally jump out of my chair, feel sorrow, or extreme joy (let's say GoW3 when you kill Poseidon as a recent example). Portal is unique. It is a good experience. But it is pedestrian in its puzzles (or I just 'think in portals' in my natural life and I am a bizarre outlier) and it is lacking in emotional connection and sense of accomplishment. I certainly won't pay for Portal 2 until it is $10-20 as, if it is anything like the original, I will feel cheated at spending money on such an easy quest. In summary: Portal is good; just not THAT good. If I paid more than $10 for it I would've felt supremely disappointed. Way too easy and who cares about a computer? Really.
  • cjw415 - April 22, 2011 1:15 a.m.

This is the most accurate representation of the best games of all time, but where's pong, the true first videogame?
  • SideSmash - April 15, 2011 11:28 p.m.

I guess the community of GR doesn't understand what an "opinion" is.
  • waitingforCharlietosnap - April 13, 2011 11:30 p.m.

Why is GamesRadar my favorite (and really, only) games site? Articles like this
  • jaffa_5 - April 12, 2011 11:40 a.m.

i agree with all you're choices i might not like soe of the game but i can see why u picked them. and its good to see minecraft making the list :D and i 100% agree with portal being number 1 its unlike anything u had played before
  • Randomwordcombination - April 11, 2011 10:55 p.m.

I think Portal was a great choice.
  • grizzly311 - April 11, 2011 5:40 p.m.

I don't see the need for 2 GTA's on the list. Actually, if I had to pick one, I would go with Vice City. It had such a fun vibe to it. To date, the only GTA that I was able to finish to completion. I tried the others, but they just didn't feel right to me.
  • mattersnotnow - April 11, 2011 5:49 a.m.

Oh, best 100 games lists... Lots of disappointment with the ones missing and a feeling that they're pointing the obvious with the others. Anyway, I get a feeling that it's uncool to like FFVII, but it did deserve to be on the list for it's battle system, world, story and soundtrack. No MegaTen love!? That's ridiculous!!!
  • inconceivable - April 10, 2011 8:11 p.m.

This is incredibly impressive, and probably the best GR article ever. Now I feel guilty that I put off reading it for several days.
  • hfghg - April 10, 2011 1:54 p.m.

http://0845.com/J50 I tide fashion Good-looking, not expensive Free transport
  • TheAztec - April 10, 2011 6:09 a.m.

WHY ISN'T THE SECRET OF MONKEY ISLAND HERE?????
  • wulibo - April 10, 2011 5:33 a.m.

this list showed me games I've never heard of, made me feel things I haven't felt since playing the greatest games ever, has excellent writing and character, and made my night (and life). Congratulations, GR, I'd previously been convinced you were the best, but you've just gained a permanent fan. You may not always have agreeable tastes and decisions, and I don't have a whole hell of a lot of ammo against my gamespy-happy friends, I will never give up your writing styles, warmth, and of course, top 7 articles.
  • cronomonkey - April 10, 2011 4:02 a.m.

Bulletstorm The equivalent of a buddy cop movie featuring Chuck Norris, Wolverine, and Gir from Invader Zim,and Nathan drake as they fight off ninja robot zombie hordes with jet-packs
  • FordFiesta - April 9, 2011 11:16 p.m.

The list wasn't bad, like most list's out there, but it could definitely use some work. I enjoyed IGN's top 100 list of 2007, which to me is the way game list's should be done. I usually hate ign, but that list was stunning. I guess the main problem here was the fact that the site used to many recent games of the franchise. Example. Halo 3, gears 2, starcraft 2, pokemon black and white. All of those games are great, but they are no where near as innovative, groundbreaking our outsanding as the first games... maybe starcraft 2 was somewhat, but halo 3 over 1? Gears 2 over 1? Pokemon black and white over Red and blue? The sims 3 over the sims 1! (I couldn't believe it). Sure these games are "improved" But there impact is no where near there original games, which set the standard for the fps console shooter, tsp cover, simulation and rpg. It seems like they chose the easy way around, and just included the more recent game in the franchise. How do we know Black and white will be timeless? Got to work on that guys.