• Civfanatic - April 20, 2012 1:12 p.m.

Fail 1: Civilization IV should be in the top ten. No discussion. Fail 2: You put Civ V instead of CiV IV, Civ V is a great game, but IV is better. Fail 3: And.... you put a screenshot of CivIV in the CivV entry. i know all TBS look the same in still images.. but.. come on... at least try!
  • Pacific - April 20, 2012 6:07 p.m.

I agree completely, once you got past the slightly shinier graphics I would say Civ 5 is probably one of the most disappointing games I have ever played. It doesn't even come close to 4.
  • Snapp1eApp1e - April 20, 2012 12:50 p.m.

what no timesplitters 2 or tales of symphonia? I think they should at least be ON the list! Come on!
  • P0ck3tC1am - April 20, 2012 1:10 p.m.

That's what I'm sayin!
  • WTeen8 - April 20, 2012 12:41 p.m.

Well if by DKC you mean DKC2: Diddy's Kong Quest, and if By Sonic CD beating Sonic 2 you meant the other way around then yeah sure. and you guys are still going by Twilight Princess huh? Ok, I can see your reasoning there I suppose. But for those other 2....REALLY?! Also if it were me SMW would be there instead of SMB3, but oh well...
  • thing1amc - April 20, 2012 1:15 p.m.

Great List! I would change a few things (not to say it makes me angry or anything): Mass Effect 2 -> Mass Effect 3, Skyrim -> Fallout 3 (or oblivion), and I'd probably move portal 2 a little closer to the first one, though I understand your reasons for picking it over the sequel.
  • FoxdenRacing - April 20, 2012 12:35 p.m.

F-Zero GX made the list. I smile broadly sirs, so broadly my cheeks ache. That game's most memorable moment in my hands? Torture-testing televisions. About 4 years ago I was in the market for an HDTV, and wanted one that could keep up with my gaming habits. Thankfully the local Circuit City was willing to play along, so I went in with my gamecube and F-Zero in hand. It was the perfect game for the job. Blistering framerate, colors so saturated they were dripping, particles everywhere, standard-definition textures [I didn't have the HD cable, though my Gamecube does have the HD capability]. I went in with my heart set on Mitsubishi's laser-based set. I left with a Samsung I'd never even considered, as the Samsung was the only set in there that not only didn't beg for mercy, it metaphorically laughed in my face and asked if that was the worst I could throw at it. While it would've been great to see less 'dupes' on the list, and as much as I despise both Acti and CoD, I can't deny that every game on the list deserves to be there. I don't have a single complaint. The only things I could possibly do with this list is expand it to add a few more games that I get giddy about...but "top 125" or "top 150" doesn't have quite the same ring to it. Well done, gents.
  • Fatbot - April 20, 2012 12:31 p.m.

Other than the F2P games, I own 79 of them... and will complain that Morrowind should be the Elder Scrolls game on there, Mass Effect 1 was better than 2, and that Panzer Dragoon Saga should have been on the list. Other than those little qualms I enjoyed reading it (and playing them), though I'd also nitpick a couple of positional points.
  • sirdilznik - April 20, 2012 12:38 p.m.

I fully agree about Morrowind, it's definitely the best Elder Scrolls game. Morrowind > Skyrim > Oblivion > Daggerfall > Arena
  • Pacific - April 20, 2012 6:09 p.m.

I suppose though this list is about the best games in the world now, rather than at the time they were released. (And Daggerfall is definitely ahead of Oblivion BTW :) )
  • The_Boz - April 20, 2012 2:06 p.m.

Morrowind and Oblivion should both definitely be in the top 100. Both great games.
  • DynamicJul - April 20, 2012 12:29 p.m.

Oh cool... a top 100 best games of all time. Oh wait... it uses the new format which makes it impossible to read it on my computer. Thanks a lot, Gamesradar. I'm getting the feeling that I need to find a new gaming website, because I can't even read the articles I want now.
  • GR HollanderCooper - April 20, 2012 12:42 p.m.

What exactly doesn't work? We'd love to help!
  • DynamicJul - April 20, 2012 2:36 p.m.

I've already talked to you about this problem. Apparently, it has already been forgotten. I don't know why or how it happens, but I can't view them on any browser on this computer. I guess I'll have to use my brother's laptop each time I need to view one of your lists.
  • Knuckles987 - April 20, 2012 12:26 p.m.

*sigh* This was a list based on certain criteria as mentioned in the first picture. This list isn't going on what was popular or what was better than others- it was based on how a game could change the way a gamer plays and thinks. There are plenty of games that COULD have made the list, but in the end, it all about the experience, and how gamers benefited from these games. Don't bash GamesRadar for not including a particular game on there, at least you're not seeing multiple installments of Call of Duty or Battlefield. If so, THEN you'd have the right to complain. You have your lists, they have theirs. Their opinions are no different than yours, because they're just that. OPINIONS. No need to get your panties in a bunch. Stay classy.
  • The_Boz - April 20, 2012 2:12 p.m.

If that is the case poor games like Shadow of the Beast which pushed parallax scrolling big time on the Amiga should be in the top 10. There are many games through the years which has pushed the limits over playability and we thank them for pushing limits for others to follow. Populous, Carmageddon, L.A. Noire, Ghostbusters on the C64 with it's digitised speech, Mortal Kombat with digitised characters. "it was based on how a game could change the way a gamer plays and thinks" I can think of dozens of games to have achieved this better than I would say 80 games on this list. I was never a fan of it, but Mario Kart also, Solitaire on Windows has brought none games into gaming especially at work. That should be in the top 10 because I am sure it is one of the most highly played and replayed games of all time.
  • sirdilznik - April 20, 2012 12:24 p.m.

No love for the greatest RPG ever made, Planescape: Torment? For shame, GamesRader, for shame.
  • TCMU287 - April 20, 2012 3:42 p.m.

I was surprised too. They even wrote articles about it in the past few years. I'm disappointed that it and The Witcher 2 didn't make the cut for some reason, despite being two of the most critically and fan acclaimed RPGs ever.
  • FOZ - April 20, 2012 12:15 p.m.

Why is this week re-posting articles that are up to a year old?
  • GR_HenryGilbert - April 20, 2012 12:24 p.m.

Take a closer look and you'll this list is revised and rearranged with dozens of new entries!
  • BladedFalcon - April 20, 2012 1:29 p.m.

Aaaand let the whining and arguing continue! I still don't get why this pisses people off so much. It's the list of games GR likes and thinks that they deserve to be here. OF COURSE anyone's bound to disagree with some of the picks. But whining and making it sound like YOUR opinion is right and absolute only makes you look like a self entitled wanker. Then again, this is the Internet, i guess I shouldn't be surprised... doesn't make me any less annoyed though. Anyway, time to give a proper actual read to the list, and see what's been updated and changed!