• Clovin64 - February 15, 2013 10:32 a.m.

Maybe I missed it, but I can't see Dark Souls here. Fair enough, I'm only 20 hours into it and I've got loads left to get through, but what I've played so far was fantastic.
  • GR_TomMagrino - February 15, 2013 10:34 a.m.

May I direct you to #20?
  • DASHONFIRE - February 15, 2013 10:39 a.m.

Personally it is my favourite game of all time so I would put it at number one.
  • Bloodstorm - February 15, 2013 10:40 a.m.

As a huge fan from Halo CE to Halo Reach, I feel putting Halo 4 anywhere on this list is a big joke. Halo 4 was the single worst Halo in the franchise, with a plot that was akin to bad fan fiction, and levels so small and cramped that you felt like you were literally running down corridors, even vehicle levels felt cramped. Then, there were all the stupid action sequences. The story was completely un-followable if you hadn't read the secondary fiction (Halo Cyptum, Silentium, and Halo Glasslands) and even if you had, as I had, it was still an incomprehensible mess. Portal belongs on the list, but number 1, I think not. The game is more of a novelty than anything. Lacks any real value after the first run through.
  • BladedFalcon - February 15, 2013 10:41 a.m.

Hrm... not sure I like this new re-arranging of the list. Some of the entries like the Metal gear Series and Castlevania have been bumped Waaay to low, while others, like Uncharted and journey have been bumped way too high. And i love me some journey, but being that near the top? I don't think so, no. Also, I can't help to feel there's some very heavy bias towards games some editors have recently played and feel in love with, the most glaring one being Persona 4: Golden at the 19th spot. Not saying it's a bad game, but i can't help to feel that big part of the reason it's way up there, is because Henry and specially Copper have been obsessed with it recently. I know a lot of this is about personal opinion, but I also think that momentary enthusiasm should be kept in check. I can't help but feel that had this list been revised 3 months from now, once Cooper have gotten over his obsession, the game wouldn't even crack past the 50s.
  • blue-heelerky - February 15, 2013 10:41 a.m.

Some games I feel are missing: Valkyria Chronicles 1 Guild Wars 2 Ni no Kuni Borderlands 2
  • GR HollanderCooper - February 15, 2013 12:14 p.m.

Valkyria is super good, but not 100 good, and No No Kuni needs some more time before we decide if it'll make the cut.
  • robert-vaughan - February 15, 2013 1:44 p.m.

GW2 hasn't been out long enough. You need a lot of time to properly judge an MMO, there is only 1 in the top 10 (maybe the whole list I just skimmed through the first 90, so I missed a few) because they are hard games to judge. I do agree about BL2 though it should be on here somewhere.
  • oryanbelt - February 15, 2013 10:51 a.m.

The lack of Borderlands 2 saddens me and I think Paper Mario: TTYD was a better game than the original or The Legend of the Seven Stars for that matter (not saying that the original Paper Mario was bad or anything)
  • DragonLord23 - February 15, 2013 10:51 a.m.

Would Portal 3 or Half Life 3 take over place 1? Also can;t wait till next years edition and where Bioshock Infinate and games like that land.
  • Grivien - February 15, 2013 11:10 a.m.

Nier should be there. It is absolutely awesome! Also Drakengard 1 should be there. That is awesome.
  • rainn'sgaydar - February 15, 2013 11:10 a.m.

I'm already tired of defending the choice of X over VII and it hasn't even started yet. Still the right move, GDar. With the exception of Super Metroid, which I will play for the first time when it's 30 cents in May, I'm very okay with the top 5. Once that rolls around, I'll be allowed to have an opinion lol. Sad to see Twilight Princess off the list, but based on the criteria, I was always surprised no one made a bigger deal that 2 3D Zeldas were here in the first place. If it was going to be one, it should be Windwaker, so I'm good there. Also glad to see KotOR jump about 20-ish spots! Flawed as it is, it's in my personal top 10 so I like seeing it get it a little higher praise. And while I didn't LOVE it, I always thought Deus Ex: HR didn't get all the attention it deserved. Maybe that's because it came out the August before Skyrim, Skyward Sword, and annual releases like COD and AC though. It got some attention, but I always felt like maybe it was drowned out a little by bigger fish. In any case, glad to see it that high as it did what it did very well. All that aside, I'm mostly okay with the reordering. Like anyone, there are games I would have higher and lower. Oh, and who's going to tell Chris you guys removed Duck Tales?
  • cay64 - February 15, 2013 11:12 a.m.

The more I read through this, the more I thought to myself, "If Portal isn't on this list, I am disregarding it." Needless to say, I was overjoyed when I got to the last page.
  • gilgamesh310 - February 15, 2013 11:30 a.m.

I'm getting pretty ficking sick of this talk about Portal being a perfect game. The first two thirds of the game are just one big tutorial preparing you for later events which as soon as they take place, the game ends. Two thirds of a game being a tutorial alone makes it far form perfect.
  • Talvari - February 15, 2013 11:35 a.m.

Hmm, don't agree with some of the positioning of the list but they definately all deserve to be on the list :D Windwaker and FFVI being examples. Good read anyhow GR :D
  • StrayGator - February 15, 2013 11:48 a.m.

PUT TETRIS BACK IN THERE FAST!
  • AqueousBoy - February 15, 2013 11:56 a.m.

Couldn't agree more. No top 100 list is complete without it.
  • GR HollanderCooper - February 15, 2013 12:06 p.m.

#23
  • AqueousBoy - February 15, 2013 1:02 p.m.

Whoa whoa whoa. Why would you hide it by putting it in clear view on the list? Ahem...
  • BottleBank - February 15, 2013 11:56 a.m.

Everything is relative, and everybody has their own opinions. However, Dragon Age: Origins as the 40th best game of all time made me literally piss myself. Ridiculous. I'm off to change my pants
  • winner2 - February 15, 2013 12:07 p.m.

Portal is not that amazing, good god.