• forestfire55 - April 20, 2012 5:46 p.m.

Uuuggg no kotor? That (in my opinion) was the father of the modern rpg... but thats ok, i guess i can also overlook portal, it is good, but not that good, it makes me a little suspect...
  • forestfire55 - April 20, 2012 5:49 p.m.

Oh fuck scrach the kotor thing, i missed it... please dont kill me...
  • Pacific - April 20, 2012 6:04 p.m.

It is there, but down at 77 :) And I agree with you about portal..
  • Higgins - April 20, 2012 5:41 p.m.

No. Doom II is better than Portal.
  • makatak7 - April 20, 2012 5:37 p.m.

This is a great list (however I think Portal is a little overhyped. Great game, but overhyped). One glaring omission, at least for me, was Bastion. There are so many great aspects of that game. My two favorite games are Bastion and Red Dead Redemption (in that order), and I really felt that Bastion should have been on the list. However, there are a lot of games on this list that I still have to play! Oh well, those are my thoughts. Anyone agree?
  • Kblock9412 - April 20, 2012 5:18 p.m.

They did a great job with not including multiple games from same series unless they really needed too. And although I didn't agree with everything, it didn't piss me off as much as anything IGN's put out.
  • ThundaGawd - April 20, 2012 5:15 p.m.

Shadow of the Colossus lost to GTA IV? I am dissapoint...
  • TCMU287 - April 20, 2012 5:13 p.m.

I am very glad that they put Red Dead Redemption up at the top. That game is probably the best console game I've ever played. It's funny though, in their review, gamesradar basically said that John Marston is so flat he's a piece of paper--a factually incorrect opinion if I've everseen one.
  • metotan - April 20, 2012 5:11 p.m.

Goal 3?
  • Jorman - April 20, 2012 5:09 p.m.

You forgot Tron 2.0. Everybody forgets Tron 2.0...
  • Lindsaaayerin - April 20, 2012 5:05 p.m.

I loved this list until I got to #1. Portal is overrated! I thought this list was very fair besides that. With every article I read, I become a bigger fan of GR. I LOVE that Tetris is #2 and I love when FFX gets the recognition it deserves. Plus I love...a bunch of others. Good list.
  • thatgurl - April 20, 2012 5:04 p.m.

Top 11: Vagrant Story Assassins Creed 2 Final Fantasy X Metal Gear solid 2 (I don't care what anyone says. I love that game and Raiden didn't annoy me. Rose was the annoying) Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow Super Mario World Super Mario 3 Sonic 2 Grand Theft Auto 3 LoZ: OOT FFVII
  • Tweegazer - April 20, 2012 5:01 p.m.

KOTOR is in the 70s? Wowza! I'd put KOTOR at 2 or 3, with Mass Effect 2 being number one and perhaps Shadow of the Colossus at 2. But of course, everyone has different tastes. I'd be interested in a massive poll to see the general consensus from a broad range of gamers.
  • tarrant-eriksen - April 20, 2012 4:54 p.m.

Great list guys. Would have taken a while to put together. Alas, I too want my 2 seconds of rage like everyone else... Spyro That is all... </3
  • UkiWookieFlame - April 20, 2012 4:40 p.m.

This was a great read congrats to you guys for taking the time to research and to figure out which game is the best, and compiling it all for everybody to see. Thank you....now from that being said, let the bashing begin! No crackdown, and no bulletstorm. Fine, those games arent popular. But why wasnt Ratchet and clank a crack in time included on this list? that game was funny, it was pretty, it had a great story, even the crappy side missions were awesome, and it had one of the best puzzles ever. That should have been an easy top ten entry. Also its kind of a slap in the face to see Red dead redemption, and arkham city not being in the top 10. Those games are beyond excellence, red dead was amazing while Batman finally lived up to its video game potential after waiting for countless years to play as him protecting, and investigating an actual city. And no gears 3? Really? that game was a perfect end for the trilogy. Sure gears 2 was full of action, and that addition of horde mode was good, but story wise gears 3 could make any bulging man cry endlessly. Plus no mario kart DS? that game was way better then 7 sorry...7 is fun, but DS was funner. I have no problem with Portal being at number 1, it is truly a fun game... but why in the hell is tetris at number 2? I understand why its on the list since it was a huge puzzle game in the old days, but if it was at #75, and even #20, and even #11 that would be fine. But Tetris at #2!? while super mario bros.3 is at #4? and not even adding the first super mario bros on the list? even since all companies spent years to beat it in the 90's? Horsesh!t....But I think you guys didnt add super mario bros #1 or world on this list purpose since almost every other game website, magazine, show, etc. always makes it #1. Bravo for that I suppose. I am sure damn glad that at least you guys didnt add angry birds. Sure its a fun game, but its no holy grail of video games thats for sure. XD
  • ashley.vivier - April 20, 2012 4:10 p.m.

I'm quite shocked to not see Gradius 3 up there. I thought that game was amazing, the gameplay, music. Oh my. Happy to see Earthbound, Chrono Trigger and Megaman 2 up there. Those 3 are made of win. A pretty well rounded list. It's not all about graphics kids. That's right, I called you kids.
  • ZhugeLiang - April 20, 2012 3:54 p.m.

Who are the five greatest games of all time? 5. Dylan 4. Dylan 3. Dylan 2. Dylan 1. Dylan Because they spit hot fire.
  • HankVenture - April 20, 2012 3:52 p.m.

I don't get the love for Tetris. I always find it dull and boring. but sweet Bioshock is in the top 10.. My favorite game
  • aRatherSlowWhiteMan - April 20, 2012 3:47 p.m.

Also where is Jack and Daxter on this list? It's gotta be at least #100
  • J-Fid - April 20, 2012 3:46 p.m.

I don't think there is any point in arguing a list this big. There is just too much to discuss that it's not worth my time. On another note, is there any way GamesRadar can make it an option to "black out" the slides I'm not looking at? It really ruins the surprise of reading lists like this (not that it really mattered in this case, considering this is an old article updated in this new format a lot of people don't like, and I knew Portal was #1 going into this). This is primarily the only reason I liked the old format better, as it didn't spoil everything for me. If this issue is fixed, then I would have absolutely no complaints about the new slide format. That is all.
  • aRatherSlowWhiteMan - April 20, 2012 3:43 p.m.

My top 5 games that I've played (some are tied for spots so its actually more than 5). 1. Portal 2. Star Wars: KOTOR 3. Mass Effect 2 and 3 4. Assassins Creed 2/brotherhood, Arkham City, and Arkham Asylum 5. Halo 3, Portal 2 Just my opinion. I have yet to play some great games like Half-Life 2 and such. Some games like Cod 4 and Starcraft 2 just barely missed my list.