• Spade103 - April 20, 2012 9:09 p.m.

51. Metal Gear Solid ''it’s still a remarkably involving experience – so much so that, even after numerous sequels, this isn’t just the best game on the PlayStation, but in the Metal Gear series as a whole.'' 21. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater ''Factor in the raft of improvements its Subsistence expansion brought to bear, and MGS3 stands alone as the most unique, if not necessarily best, installment of the series.'' So how is it that the so called ''best game'' in the Metal Gear Series ranks 30 spots lower than one that's said to be not necessarily the best installment in the series? Isn't this a best game of all time list? Wouldn't that make MGS rank higher than MGS3 if it's the best in the series..?
  • BladedFalcon - April 21, 2012 11:17 a.m.

It was called the best game on the playstation. Not the best in the series. Not that I disagree with you, mind. I personally think MGS is better than Snake eater as well. Thing is though, much as I love MGS, it Has aged, and it shows. I still think the story and characters are better in MGS, but the gameplay in MGS3 IS by far superior, and it helps that MGS3's story was genuinely great in it's own right. Basically, I don't agree with them, but I CAN understand why it would rank higher on the list.
  • Spade103 - April 21, 2012 3:59 p.m.

No they literally said that it's not ONLY the best on the Playstation, but also the best in the Metal Gear series Hence my first quote
  • BladedFalcon - April 21, 2012 4:21 p.m.

Oh, you're right! *facepalm* sorry, my bad, I misread! XD
  • ObliqueZombie - April 20, 2012 9:05 p.m.

Fantastic list. This has given me a dozen games to play before I die.
  • bitchassafriBLAMamericANTISTA - April 20, 2012 8:37 p.m.

how the fuck is portal still number 1? just because it is different doesn't make it the best.
  • ObliqueZombie - April 20, 2012 9:06 p.m.

So weird how opinions work, no?
  • OohWiiUILookJustLikeBuddyHolly - April 20, 2012 8:32 p.m.

Of course #1 is portal.. sigh..
  • gaxkeng11 - April 20, 2012 10:29 p.m.

What a shitty list this is. Horrible. Terrible. No Fallout 3 anywhere to be seen. And Portal #1? How much did fat ass Gabe pay you to make it #1? List blows d1ck
  • samitha-jayathilake - April 20, 2012 8:16 p.m.

I've just found my favorite Gaming site. THe Descriptions are nicely done. And yes Portal is awesome. I've played only 21 of these.
  • GR HollanderCooper - April 20, 2012 10:21 p.m.

You have a lot of work to do, then.
  • sgloomy - April 20, 2012 8:03 p.m.

as awesome as God of War was, I still think the third game is the best in the series. its not just the scale or the satisfaction you get after killing the gods, but the fact that it took everything from the other games and managed to make them better that makes it the best in the series for me. that is not to say God of war one or two (or even the PSP ones) are not as equally awesome in their own way.
  • Minis3b - April 20, 2012 7:57 p.m.

And I forgot to say SSX (the old one, not the new with fake multiplayer)
  • sammyruntz - April 20, 2012 7:31 p.m.

I am very pleased with the result, because I am a HUGE Portal fan. I have a plush companion cube, and I'm about to buy a Portal Gun Replica! This is by far the best game ever. I would've liked Minecraft, and Team Fortress 2 farther up on the list, but overall, I am happy.
  • SomeOddGuy - April 20, 2012 7:30 p.m.

I just read the entire list with intrigue, but I have to say... WHERE THE HELL IS METROID PRIME?! I agree with a large portion of the list, but honestly, there's a few omissions that I saw that were pretty stunning how they could be forgotten/left out. Also have to comment that Super Metroid is pretty low on the list, especially if it hangs lower than Chrono Trigger(which was the other way around in the SNES top 25).
  • Shanetexas - April 20, 2012 7:22 p.m.

Could you be like 9gag and where I can scroll through the pics by using keys? or at least have the "next" button in the same place? Anybody from Gamesradar? Hello? Hello?
  • ObliqueZombie - April 20, 2012 9:07 p.m.

I think the problem was when you said, "can I be more like 9gag."
  • GR HollanderCooper - April 20, 2012 10:19 p.m.

That's a very interesting idea. I'll take that suggestion to our tech team next week.
  • Ultima - April 20, 2012 11:29 p.m.

The layout is really bad now, I don't understand why you changed it and made it worse
  • ncurry2 - April 20, 2012 7:17 p.m.

Ya, I feel like Portal is overrated. Maybe it's just because I didn't play it until it had been out for a while so I was expecting to be completely blown away. But when that second hour rolled around and I was done I was just like really? And I've never been a fan of tetris. But I like a lot of the games that are in the list, glad to see LoL get a nod.
  • BobsYurUncle - April 20, 2012 7:03 p.m.

Not one Tom Clancy game? Splinter Cell(s) are easily in top 100. Also disappointed to not see Witcher 2. I don't disagree with # 1.
  • TCMU287 - April 20, 2012 6:57 p.m.

I'm really glad they put at least SOME classic PC games on here. Too many "Top 100" lists are over stuffed with cookie cutter SNES platformers, every zelda and mario game, and PS2 games. PC games deserve spots too.
  • EwoksTasteLikeChicken - April 20, 2012 6:31 p.m.

Don't get why Gears 2 is here instead of Gears 3. The Horde mode, and multiplayer in general, is 10x better in that game. The campaign is pretty good too. Assassin's Creed 2 should have been higher, but I'm glad to see Doom II made the list. Those're my thoughts on the matter.