We Recommend

• Shanetexas - April 20, 2012 7:22 p.m.

Could you be like 9gag and where I can scroll through the pics by using keys? or at least have the "next" button in the same place? Anybody from Gamesradar? Hello? Hello?
  • ObliqueZombie - April 20, 2012 9:07 p.m.

I think the problem was when you said, "can I be more like 9gag."
  • GR HollanderCooper - April 20, 2012 10:19 p.m.

That's a very interesting idea. I'll take that suggestion to our tech team next week.
  • Ultima - April 20, 2012 11:29 p.m.

The layout is really bad now, I don't understand why you changed it and made it worse
  • ncurry2 - April 20, 2012 7:17 p.m.

Ya, I feel like Portal is overrated. Maybe it's just because I didn't play it until it had been out for a while so I was expecting to be completely blown away. But when that second hour rolled around and I was done I was just like really? And I've never been a fan of tetris. But I like a lot of the games that are in the list, glad to see LoL get a nod.
  • BobsYurUncle - April 20, 2012 7:03 p.m.

Not one Tom Clancy game? Splinter Cell(s) are easily in top 100. Also disappointed to not see Witcher 2. I don't disagree with # 1.
  • TCMU287 - April 20, 2012 6:57 p.m.

I'm really glad they put at least SOME classic PC games on here. Too many "Top 100" lists are over stuffed with cookie cutter SNES platformers, every zelda and mario game, and PS2 games. PC games deserve spots too.
  • EwoksTasteLikeChicken - April 20, 2012 6:31 p.m.

Don't get why Gears 2 is here instead of Gears 3. The Horde mode, and multiplayer in general, is 10x better in that game. The campaign is pretty good too. Assassin's Creed 2 should have been higher, but I'm glad to see Doom II made the list. Those're my thoughts on the matter.
  • HankVenture - April 20, 2012 6:27 p.m.

I am still sad about Minecraft and KOTOR being so low. Minecraft is what has gotten me interested in saving up my money to get an awesome PC because I saw how amazing and cool mods were. And for KOTOR, well I know you took a long time in this list but you seriously put it way down there? I feel like it should have been in the top 40's at least, great story, great combat, characters, environments and a FUCKING BRILLIANT TWIST
  • Minis3b - April 20, 2012 6:24 p.m.

Well ,that's an awesome list. BUT I see Portal 1 AND Portal 2, the first one is enough. You didn't not add Pokemon YELLOW/Blue/Red that are the one and only true Pokemon game. Minecraft is only #100, it has unlimited and infinite life, muliplayer and mods are pushing the limits. Not even a Battlefield game =/. Or Serious Sam. Or Need for Speed. And to end this post, what about Postal 2? Come on, you can pee on people and smash their head with a shovel...
  • HankVenture - April 20, 2012 6:28 p.m.

Holy BALLS.. how did I forget Pokemon, yes one of them defiantly needs to be in there.
  • secretsearcher - April 20, 2012 6:23 p.m.

I, like many other people in these comments, am SO over Portal. And I am greatly saddened by the lack of any Sly Cooper, Fire Emblem, Golden Sun or Baten Kaitos game on this list. I mean, Golden Sun? Come ON. Thumbs up for the shout outs to Chrono Trigger and Assassin's Creed II though.
  • charnickmx - April 20, 2012 6:20 p.m.

Great list, I agree with most, but (obviously) I think there are some glaring ommissions: 1. Yes Gran Turismo 3 is still the best racing Sim on ANY console, but Forza 4 is arguably the second best and should have been included. 2. Soul Calibur II over the original? NO, that's not fair, the original is still far and away the best, most polished and most balanced, just because II (Gamecube version) had Link and is the one most people are familiar with doesn't justify it's place on this list. 3. I don't think that Final Fantasy VII is overrated (overhyped yes, but not overrated) and it's not as good as VI (III in US), but I think that it's the 2nd best FF game in the series (it's kinda like the Call of Duty 4 of the franchise... yes everyone knows that 2 is still the best, but 4 is the one that catapulted the series into prominency), and certanly superior to the (overrated) X with it's winy effeminate protagonist (that makes the Peter Parker of Spider Man 3 and Squall of FF8 look like the ultimate expression of manlyness), AWFUL voice acting (ha ha ha ha haaaaaa), and muddled mess of a plot and story. Final Fantasy X was the last FF that everyone gave a damm about... but it also marks the beginning of the end for the franchise because it's were it all started to go wrong. 4. Still putting Kingdom Hearts II over the much better original? Kingdom Hearts 1 is FAR superior to it's lame/dull/idiocy/vomiting inducing excuse for a sequel (with the exact same cast of villains from the first Kingdom Hearts - plus the Nobodies aka Heartless clones who have undergone the pussification/Nomura treatment and Organization XIII -Dark City Strangers clones who have undergone the Nomura treatment-). The original game is the one that will be considered a classic for years to come... the second game (and especially Roxas) can burn in hell. 5. Gears of War 2? the one most considered the weakest in the series? The multiplayer and Horde mode are broken and it's single player campaing is not as good as the original or even Gears of War 3 (wich is the one I think it should have been included). 6. While I enyoyed Sonic CD (especially the recent re-release), I don't think that is as good as 2 (more varied and polished stages, still the BEST special Stage design of the whole franchise, best soundtrack and the one game where Tails is useful instead of intrusive) wich is the perfect Sonic Game. In fact, I think that if Sonic 1 had the spin dash it would be a better game than Sonic CD. 7. Sorry but while I think that Mario Kart 7 is a great return to form after the dissapointing Double Dash and Wii version, it still doesn't hold a candle to the best kart game: Mario Kart 64. 8. Where the hell is the original Metroid Prime? It's certanly almost as good as Super Metroid. 9. Grand Thef Auto IV? Now THAT'S an overrated game. It represents the WORST thing about the recent generations of games: its hyper-focus on "realism" (as if real life is just as fun as a videogame), "edgy", "dark" and "mature" things (wich do not mean that it's good) while forgetting about dept, substance and (most of all) being fun (wich should be the No.1 priority of ANY form of entertainment, videogames included). 10. Finally, I've never agreed that Mario Galaxy 2 was better than the original Mario Galaxy at all, the original (while having a few issues of it's own) was a far more memorable, epic and fulfilling experience. The bosses in particular where FAR more interesting and epic in SMG1, the music was better, the story was far superior and the general sense had a magic that the sequel (wich is a game that I think no one asked for) simply laked. PD. At last, someone agrees that the original Donkey Kong Country is the best in the series, I've never understood why most say that it's the 2nd game, I tought that it was less fun and memorable (especially with it's drab color palette... it looked worse than the first game) not to mention frustrating instead of challenging and the pirate theme was lame. In fact, I think that the recent DKC Returns is arguably better than DKC2 (save for the omission of the Kremlings and the dumb decision of designing the roll to activate with a shake of the wiimote instead of at the press of a button). PD2. And thanks for FINALLY acknowledging that the original God of War is still the best God of War game.
  • Voodoowolfe - April 20, 2012 6:23 p.m.

Am I the only one who starts to read these really long comments and then just moves on to the shorter ones?
  • HankVenture - April 20, 2012 6:31 p.m.

nope, everyone does.. TLDR because it always is just someone spilling their guts out about how they disagree with someone's opinion
  • HankVenture - April 20, 2012 6:32 p.m.

ps. most of your ranting was about picking a sequel over the original.. not all originals are better and soul Calibur 2 was much better, SUCK IT!
  • charnickmx - April 20, 2012 6:47 p.m.

No it wasn't, and I think that some sequels are better than the original (GT3, Forza 4, Gears 3), so we can agree to disagree. SUCK IT!x10
  • rasmus-olesen - April 20, 2012 6:08 p.m.

Okami should be top 10. And i miss Dune II or C&C :)
  • Pacific - April 20, 2012 6:02 p.m.

Portal? Christ, you can tell this website is written by PC nerds ;) And speaking of PC nerds, regarding Civ 5 there is common consensus amongst the series' hardcore fan community that it isn't a patch on Civ 4 - to put it mildly, the AI sucks, and its vastly simplified compared to its predecessors. The upcoming extra content pack might add something back to it, but to call it one of the best games of all time is a bit of a joke. I would say Civ 2 brought the series forward the most, and in fact is probably a lot better balanced than the current incarnation.
  • wastedjamacan - April 20, 2012 6:01 p.m.

I find it terribly wrong that Marathon and it's sequals have no mention within this list. Marathon changed FPSs forever, with a deep, twisted plot, memorable (despite being invisible) characters, and new gameplay mechanics, such as dual wielding weapons, and aiming up and down. This was the game that put Bungie on the map (although some might argue Pathways into Darkness was truely their first successful game), and eventually earned the attention of Microsoft during the planning stages of an RTS called Halo. Marathon most definitely deserves to be among the top 100 games of all time, if not the top 20.
  • LordDecapo - April 20, 2012 5:49 p.m.

how is halo 3 and not 2 on there? super mario 64 needs a better position..i still play that all the time