• higgins78 - April 21, 2012 4 a.m.

While its clear ANY top 100 list will be subjective, I'm still very surprised however to see Portal included so highly, making the coveted number 1 spot. I agree with the point you make on Zelda. If I were to recommend a Zelda to play today it would likely be Wind Waker, with LTTP and Skyward Sword both scoring a close second. Twilight Princess in my opinion however is the least pleasing Zelda, feeling as it does - for the first time - resting on its laurels.
  • Chewie07 - April 21, 2012 9:17 a.m.

Yeah, TP should really not be on this list. It didn't do anything new besides the control scheme, and it was just boring overall.
  • cian-mcintyre - April 21, 2012 4 a.m.

Not a fan of how the list was done. There seems to be a lot of apprehension about putting two games from the same series on here (with a small number of exceptions). It's sometimes not even games in the same series but just sort of "spiritual sequels" like explaining Fallout 3's absence because Skyrim is on the list. It would be like if when the AFI were making their 100 Movies list they said "Well we didn't want to put A Clockwork Orange on here because we already have 2001 and they're both by Stanley Kubrick" or if the Rolling Stone decided to only put one album by each artist on the list of greatest albums. That said, I'm glad Wind Waker achieved the high position it did, as well as Shadow of the Collosus and Ico. Less happy about entirely average games like Gears of War, Call of Duty and Grand Theft Auto 4 being placed so high.
  • alexandre-bret - April 21, 2012 3:54 a.m.

so much angst. its Gamesradar top 100 not your personal. Go make your own. I wouldn't have Portal on there but whatever
  • ChristopherDalley - April 21, 2012 3:42 a.m.

I'm a fucking dick who fails to read the opening description and fails to acknowledge that they are not catering to my opinion.
  • ParagonT - April 21, 2012 8:55 a.m.

Glad you figured this out all on your own.
  • XCM-Irish - April 21, 2012 3:33 a.m.

Good choices in general, though some seem a little strange to me. But I haven't played those games, so maybe I just get the wrong impression. One big mistake in my opinion: Donkey Kong Country 2 is far better than is predecessor and for me it's the best 2D Platformer to this day. The pacing, the soundtrack, the graphics and level design are all simply perfect in that one.) Oh and you guys clearly haven't played Terranigma, have you? Though it lacks the multiplayer compatibility, that one even beats Secret of Mana! But still a great list! I think I have a lot of work to do now. :)
  • aerojonno - April 21, 2012 3:24 a.m.

Please, please, PLEASE stop putting articles in this format! It's literally impossible to read something in this format on a phone and it's totally unnecessary!! Now that I've got that off my chest, great list :) But you said in the Portal 2 description that it's better than Portal so ....... wtf??
  • doug-murray - April 21, 2012 3:05 a.m.

I can't read the article. There's just a javascript void on the previous/next buttons!
  • GR HollanderCooper - April 21, 2012 9:08 a.m.

What's the error?
  • doug-murray - April 21, 2012 7:24 p.m.

There's no error message. It's a void. I click the forwar/back buttons and nothing happens, no page loading status or anything.
  • fil-sapia - April 21, 2012 2:46 a.m.

Mass Effect 2 should be #1!
  • mikkel-montoya - April 21, 2012 2:19 a.m.

Everybody chill, it is gamesradar's top 100 list, what they mostly like recommends, it isn't the ultimate top 100 list in the world.
  • IronHeaver - April 21, 2012 2:19 a.m.

1. Im glad you replaced OoT with Twilight Princess. Its my all time favorite Zelda game. If it was a woman it would be the most damn sexiest women in the world, and I would cut off my own ear as a proposal gift. 2. HOWEVER, I am very disapointed to not see The World Ends With You on there. That game literaly changed my way of looking at the world, and reinvigorated my passion for video games. Some people can bash its style, its complexity, some of its outright absurdness, but it is going to stand as my all time favorite game for a very long time. It has new idea's, character development, and style literaly bursting from its cartrage leaving some kind of residue on my DS. A great list, but I think you missed one of the more recent greatest JRPG's. 3.White/Black? Come on! it just doesnt have the "Heart" and "Soul" that silver and gold has ;)
  • eCaravanier - April 21, 2012 2:17 a.m.

Worst ranking ever made. I mean LoL is ranked but not DotA? What the hell have you been smoking? Also Portal first? HAHAHAHA. Sure I loved this game but it's far from being the best game ever made. You need to play more games and get a real culture.
  • ncurry2 - April 21, 2012 8:27 a.m.

You say they need to get a real culture while supporting DotA over LoL? I've played at least 700 games for each and there is just no denying that LoL is far superior. From the persistent play elements to the matchmaking to the mages actually scaling to not be giant turds end game. There's a reason it had over 32 million active accounts several months ago.
  • Megacorpse - April 21, 2012 2:13 a.m.

Arguably one of the worst top lists I have ever seen in my life. Looks clear that no one at gamesradar has ever played System Shock 2, and this explains why Bioshock made the top 10. But there's so much more to say, like what the fuck is CoD doing here or why HL2 and not HL1-Shame on you, guys.
  • TimeHacker - April 21, 2012 1:54 a.m.

I am surprised not to see any of the TimeSplitters in it, it was by far the best FPS, it brought fun to your game play, it wasn't all serious with other games, the campaign in Future Perfect was amazing i think, the way it all flipped around, i am disappointed not to see any of them in there.
  • brandon-fayko - April 21, 2012 1:28 a.m.

Wtf is this list? Twilight princess and Wind waker over OOT? The biggest game and considered to be one of the best games of time? Quake 3 arena and no unreal tournament? No duke nukem or Doom?? Wolfenstein ? Not a single battlefield but COD4 gets placed?? And why do people think that if WoW got around 30 that eve should be number one on this list? Also for a good laugh read BaldedFalcons comments "Tetris's simple but additive game-play, and equally simple graphics work just as well now as they did 20+ years ago. You can show it to a kid today, and once he gives it a few tries, I bet you it can get hooked on it. Ocarina's barrier of entry is much higher, and graphics and gameplay IS dated, specially when compared to newer Zeldas." >> wat? /bitches about dated graphics but praises tetris for simple graphics >>wat The graphics of a game shouldn't matter. judging a game solo on its graphics is no way to judge a game. OOT was and still is considered to be one of the best games of all time.
  • daneoid - April 21, 2012 2 a.m.

Because WoW is the most vanilla, generic, unimaginative, sterotypical rpg ever created and Eve is the most innovative, progressive, original and real gaming experience known. It's the only game that will give you a true adrenalin rush, you get into a fight in eve and emotionally it's like you've been in a fight in real life, you're heat is beating twice as fast, you are sweating and you have a vice grip on your mouse, it's the feeling of genuine consequence that generates this, and it's what seperates it from any other game ot there. wow is just another taskbar game, use most powerful attack, when that's in cooldown, use second most powerful, when that's in cooldown use the third and so on, it's just so dull and dated. You die, you respawn with all equipment back, yawn.
  • emma-robinson - April 21, 2012 1:07 a.m.

after this list got to WOW it whent downhill from there, part from a good few gems but most are lame ass new games that 25 years old who still live with there mum would buy and play all night till the energy drinks wear off. the old school ones are king here as they are the games of childhood.