• lilbuddha - April 21, 2012 4:06 a.m.

lol @ Castle Crashers, UMvC3, Ac2, The Sims 3, Civ V (Civ 2 far better) double LOL @ ME2 in top 10, GTA4 (San Andreas is best) and a just plain "huh?" @ #1 being portal (should be in the 20's at best)
  • adrian-drott - April 21, 2012 4:02 a.m.

Alright, I think it's a fair list though I don't agree with portal being the n1. It was an awesome game but only fun to play once imo. Another thing was seeing call of duty so far up, could have been completely excluded or atleast further down. Didn't bring much original content, brought together the worst community and it's just another FPS game that you feel you've played before. I'ts literally a shit game for people who are afraid of trying other games. Also you I personally think you should have switched twilight princess with OOT. Twilight princess is too easy, not a game I would like to replay. While OOT I've played like 5 times, it has alot of variation with all the temples. Sure it might look like a bunch of polygons but then why not include the Ocarina of time 3D instead? I presonally prefer the original since it's more nostalgic. While I've always liked OOT the most, you guys made me change my mind. Wind Waker has been my second favorite in the Zelda series but I guess I like OOT that much just because it was the first game I started playing. Zelda Wind Waker will as you say, never grow old. And for that reason it is now my new favorite Zelda game, also brought wonderful and original grahpics and has some pretty amazing scenes. Also glad you picked Super Smash Bros Melee instead of brawl. Melee was totally the best SSB game. Sad to see it that far down though. One more thing, I have not tried the game yet but why is not Bastion in the list? I know so many people who have played it and love it SO much. I really wanna try it since many says it's one of the best games they've played in years.
  • higgins78 - April 21, 2012 4 a.m.

While its clear ANY top 100 list will be subjective, I'm still very surprised however to see Portal included so highly, making the coveted number 1 spot. I agree with the point you make on Zelda. If I were to recommend a Zelda to play today it would likely be Wind Waker, with LTTP and Skyward Sword both scoring a close second. Twilight Princess in my opinion however is the least pleasing Zelda, feeling as it does - for the first time - resting on its laurels.
  • Chewie07 - April 21, 2012 9:17 a.m.

Yeah, TP should really not be on this list. It didn't do anything new besides the control scheme, and it was just boring overall.
  • cian-mcintyre - April 21, 2012 4 a.m.

Not a fan of how the list was done. There seems to be a lot of apprehension about putting two games from the same series on here (with a small number of exceptions). It's sometimes not even games in the same series but just sort of "spiritual sequels" like explaining Fallout 3's absence because Skyrim is on the list. It would be like if when the AFI were making their 100 Movies list they said "Well we didn't want to put A Clockwork Orange on here because we already have 2001 and they're both by Stanley Kubrick" or if the Rolling Stone decided to only put one album by each artist on the list of greatest albums. That said, I'm glad Wind Waker achieved the high position it did, as well as Shadow of the Collosus and Ico. Less happy about entirely average games like Gears of War, Call of Duty and Grand Theft Auto 4 being placed so high.
  • alexandre-bret - April 21, 2012 3:54 a.m.

so much angst. its Gamesradar top 100 not your personal. Go make your own. I wouldn't have Portal on there but whatever
  • ChristopherDalley - April 21, 2012 3:42 a.m.

I'm a fucking dick who fails to read the opening description and fails to acknowledge that they are not catering to my opinion.
  • ParagonT - April 21, 2012 8:55 a.m.

Glad you figured this out all on your own.
  • XCM-Irish - April 21, 2012 3:33 a.m.

Good choices in general, though some seem a little strange to me. But I haven't played those games, so maybe I just get the wrong impression. One big mistake in my opinion: Donkey Kong Country 2 is far better than is predecessor and for me it's the best 2D Platformer to this day. The pacing, the soundtrack, the graphics and level design are all simply perfect in that one.) Oh and you guys clearly haven't played Terranigma, have you? Though it lacks the multiplayer compatibility, that one even beats Secret of Mana! But still a great list! I think I have a lot of work to do now. :)
  • aerojonno - April 21, 2012 3:24 a.m.

Please, please, PLEASE stop putting articles in this format! It's literally impossible to read something in this format on a phone and it's totally unnecessary!! Now that I've got that off my chest, great list :) But you said in the Portal 2 description that it's better than Portal so ....... wtf??
  • doug-murray - April 21, 2012 3:05 a.m.

I can't read the article. There's just a javascript void on the previous/next buttons!
  • GR HollanderCooper - April 21, 2012 9:08 a.m.

What's the error?
  • doug-murray - April 21, 2012 7:24 p.m.

There's no error message. It's a void. I click the forwar/back buttons and nothing happens, no page loading status or anything.
  • fil-sapia - April 21, 2012 2:46 a.m.

Mass Effect 2 should be #1!
  • mikkel-montoya - April 21, 2012 2:19 a.m.

Everybody chill, it is gamesradar's top 100 list, what they mostly like recommends, it isn't the ultimate top 100 list in the world.
  • IronHeaver - April 21, 2012 2:19 a.m.

1. Im glad you replaced OoT with Twilight Princess. Its my all time favorite Zelda game. If it was a woman it would be the most damn sexiest women in the world, and I would cut off my own ear as a proposal gift. 2. HOWEVER, I am very disapointed to not see The World Ends With You on there. That game literaly changed my way of looking at the world, and reinvigorated my passion for video games. Some people can bash its style, its complexity, some of its outright absurdness, but it is going to stand as my all time favorite game for a very long time. It has new idea's, character development, and style literaly bursting from its cartrage leaving some kind of residue on my DS. A great list, but I think you missed one of the more recent greatest JRPG's. 3.White/Black? Come on! it just doesnt have the "Heart" and "Soul" that silver and gold has ;)
  • eCaravanier - April 21, 2012 2:17 a.m.

Worst ranking ever made. I mean LoL is ranked but not DotA? What the hell have you been smoking? Also Portal first? HAHAHAHA. Sure I loved this game but it's far from being the best game ever made. You need to play more games and get a real culture.
  • ncurry2 - April 21, 2012 8:27 a.m.

You say they need to get a real culture while supporting DotA over LoL? I've played at least 700 games for each and there is just no denying that LoL is far superior. From the persistent play elements to the matchmaking to the mages actually scaling to not be giant turds end game. There's a reason it had over 32 million active accounts several months ago.
  • Megacorpse - April 21, 2012 2:13 a.m.

Arguably one of the worst top lists I have ever seen in my life. Looks clear that no one at gamesradar has ever played System Shock 2, and this explains why Bioshock made the top 10. But there's so much more to say, like what the fuck is CoD doing here or why HL2 and not HL1-Shame on you, guys.
  • TimeHacker - April 21, 2012 1:54 a.m.

I am surprised not to see any of the TimeSplitters in it, it was by far the best FPS, it brought fun to your game play, it wasn't all serious with other games, the campaign in Future Perfect was amazing i think, the way it all flipped around, i am disappointed not to see any of them in there.