• Eightboll812 - November 26, 2013 6:06 p.m.

This gets a "meh" reaction from me. If they could have an "adult" upload area and a kid area, you might have a better point. But you have to assume since it's a console with "E" games, and if you don't have a similar category system for the uploads, you are getting kids watching the videos. And if you say "police your kid" as a response, I'm just going to go ahead and slap you. It is frustrating enough that you have to choose to either block youtube entirely or stand over your kid the whole time they are on youtube, since the content filters are typically site by site, not individual content on sites. Youtube has it's benefits as well as garbage. The way I see it, unless there is way to have a parental filter system on the site, you have to assume it's lowest common denominator, which is "E" in terms of game equivalency. And if you think dropping the dick word every other sentence is "E" friendly, well, we can just agree to disagree in advance. I actually support MS on this particular issue. If they create a parental filter for their site that allows the big kids to have their fun while keeping it clean for the kiddos, then I'd whole heartedly join your outrage over their content policing over in the big kid pool.
  • boosh - November 27, 2013 1:12 a.m.

Thing is though; It was a Killer Instinct video...which isnt an E..so kids shouldnt be able to watch it in the first place.
  • Eightboll812 - November 27, 2013 8:56 a.m.

Again, if MS categorized the video uploads so that kids can't get to videos from M games, then that would be all fine and dandy. Right now it's a hot mess with all content mixed in and unless they advertise it as an adults only site, then they need to police it as if it were a school yard. And that might piss off a lot of adults, but what can I say other than "sorry". MS needs to fix their mess. All I can say is, I'm going to come down on the side of parents on issues like these, not the side of the 20-something gamers who want to just be who they are in front of the world. From a "gamers" standpoint "dick" doesn't seem so horrible, but I can promise if you had an elementary school teacher using that word in the classroom in Anytown USA, you'd have a stampede of parents running up there.
  • winner2 - November 26, 2013 5:58 p.m.

I'm just gonna say dick to be a part of this bigger entity.
  • Cyberninja - November 26, 2013 5:18 p.m.

Honestly I have never owned a Xbox Console and this might have been the One to change that but at the rate Microsoft is going they are hurting themselves to much to save face.
  • Doctalen - November 26, 2013 5:08 p.m.

I am outraged at the references you have made to your genital regions and the writing of the word "penis" therefore I suggest to the almighty people in charge that you receive a 24 hour ban from Gamesradar because I have a strong ego and I must prove it on the internet by being a willy :p
  • Shigeruken - November 26, 2013 5:05 p.m.

Hey Lucas, that ban hammer line is really hilarious, but I think that the distinction between a temporary suspension from the upload service and an actual xbox live ban could be made a little clearer in the beginning on the piece for those who may jump to conclusions. A ban on Xbox Live (even a temporary one) involves the accused losing access to your download library and content, so it's much more serious.
  • GR_LucasSullivan - November 26, 2013 5:11 p.m.

Good call!
  • Shigeruken - November 26, 2013 6:02 p.m.

Wow, ok, so now the line is even more hilarious. Well played sir!
  • macrm32 - November 26, 2013 4:57 p.m.

While I applaud Microsoft's care in keeping it clean, I do feel like they may be taking it a touch too far, perhaps. Hard to say without the actual video.
  • itsme - November 27, 2013 4:52 p.m.

The fact is the author of this story doesn't know what the person really did or have any idea what got that person banned but, still felt he needed to write this article.
  • macrm32 - November 27, 2013 4:54 p.m.

You know how it's like: gotta bring those page views in.
  • shawksta - November 26, 2013 4:21 p.m.

Fighting Games are gonna use that a lot Thats just how the FGC is, its part of the hype, so they should consider that
  • codystovall - November 26, 2013 4:20 p.m.

speaking of bad words in animal crossing the other day i was trying to get a villagers catchphrase to be "Wat wat" said i couldnt use those words and i was confused as to what word but then i realized, oh, it thinks im spelling twat. lol. so my villagers phrase now is "what what".
  • ZuzuPachulia - November 26, 2013 4:19 p.m.

Because saying a naughty word while playing your M rated game is gonna cause such a huge stir, right? I am completely tired of all of Microsoft's bullshit.
  • HiTechDeath - November 27, 2013 12:38 a.m.

Agreed! I actually thought about getting an x1...not anymore.I will not have my freedom of speech violated by these money-hungry pigs!M$ can suck it...boycott M$,they don't deserve your money. PS4 here I come!
  • itsme - November 27, 2013 4:57 p.m.

The author of this story had no ideal what this person did or why he got banned but, still wrote this article. One here knows but, they blame MS. If it was so easy to get banned why aren't there a lot of reports of people getting banned?
  • Rodpercent - November 26, 2013 4:18 p.m.

They need to have a list of unspeakabley upload words. What if your friend is Richard and you call him "dick?" How is monitoring the videos, a bot or a live person? SO many questions. Lesson: Upload nothing.
  • Cyberninja - November 26, 2013 5:13 p.m.

Yeah Dicks are screwed everywhere. and I would just get a double ban for that comment.