• tareq - November 3, 2011 8:08 p.m.

Considering DC reboot Batgirl is Barbara Gordon I think she'd be Batgirl but I don't know how that would work
  • KishouTenpi - November 6, 2011 6:44 a.m.

I don't think Rocksteady would follow the reboot, considering they've already confirmed Barbara as Oracle in ehr crippled state, unless they somehow got her to a Lazarus pit, which I don't think would happen due to the insanity induced by it, but you never know :P
  • tareq - November 7, 2011 10:19 p.m.

Well the insanity is only supposed to be temporary but we don't know how long the gap between the games will be
  • cj12297 - November 3, 2011 6:07 p.m.

I think the Joker is actually dead. It wouldn't be worth bringing him back especially considering Hamill won't be returning
  • coyoteDUSTER - November 3, 2011 5:45 p.m.

All I want the third game to have is a Batmobile level. Two games now, and we still haven't been behind the wheel. It would be so sweet.
  • Pwnz0r3d - November 3, 2011 3:32 p.m.

I too thought that Jason was going to be in the game, and the first time i saw Azrael (when Bruce is barely entering Arkham City at the very beginning of the game) i thought it was Jason stalking Bruce until I got to see the figure more close up. He does have a red hood on, thats what got me thinking. And I just don't see how the Joker would have survived. If Batman was dying of the same complications as Joker as a result of taking his blood, then Joker should have bitten the dust. Of course, there are some massive inconsistencies (the Joker has been sick for how long? A year right? How come Batman is on the brink of death after mere hours of having the same illness? Perhaps its because he's at the same stage as the Joker, but Batman was going to die far before the Joker was until he got the antidote for himself. It doesn't make sense.) And while it makes sense that he would have a warehouse full of contaminated blood (one man's blood supply CANNOT sustain more than one ER or hospital without him actually dying of blood loss. Or can it? If someone could elaborate on that it would be appreciated.), where would it have come from? The plot would probably become convoluted in my eyes. I just think Harley will become a rampaging killing machine (but, her reaction to Joker's death was really off for her. You'd imaging she'd scream, cry, then attack Batman like a lioness mauling a baby zebra) and we'll see how the baby is tied into the plot. Also, once TYGER left, it would've been easy for him to blast his way out of Arkham City with the weapons they probably left behind. He didn't have to keep up the charade at that point. Then again, I'm probably just thinking too hard.
  • spencertucksen - November 4, 2011 2:27 a.m.

You're thinking too hard and too little at the same time. He is probably dead since Hamill doesn't want to do the voice anymore, but it's the Joker. Logic is nothing to him. Blasting his way out isn't exactly his style. He wants more FUN in things, and I think tricking literally everyone would be the most fun he could have, don't you? Also, he said he spent months sending that blood out, so...yeah, there's that. :)
  • Pwnz0r3d - November 4, 2011 3:01 p.m.

He spent months giving out his blood? Hmm, must have missed that bit i suppose. And you are right, it isn't like him to just blast a hole in a wall and walk out all willy nilly, well, he could strut out. That would be in his character :p But as of right now, I'm thinking more about Azrael's role since he blatantly says "You're going to be in a third game. And Hell's gate will open."
  • kazboy31 - November 4, 2011 3:50 p.m.

Hamill tweeted a few days ago that he wasnt done actually. Just it would take a very special role of the joker for him to accept it. So if the third game is good enough he would do it. after Arkham Asylum came out he said the same thing because he wanted the role too be memorable. he didnt believe it could be topped until rocksteady approached him with Arkham City
  • tymillz102 - November 3, 2011 2:06 p.m.

Wow they did it to me again. When they did a similar article to this one after AA came out, i really believed that everything they said could happen in the next game and it did. Now i believe that everything that they stated here will come true for the next game. I guess we'll find out in 2 years.
  • OliBailey - November 3, 2011 12:39 p.m.

Great article as always Dave, my only problem is with the Bane section is when batman fights him him in AA Bane says "I will break you batman" to which batman replies "no Bane this time I break you".So when I first played it I assumed his back was already broken
  • spencertucksen - November 4, 2011 2:28 a.m.

Exactly what I was thinking.
  • CaptJak - November 3, 2011 12:21 p.m.

Awesome article, David. Now I'm gonna have to go through the whole city again and see if I can add anything to this finely crafted list. Though, I'm surprised with all these corrections and additions, no one mentioned that HUGO Strange, not Doctor Strange, is gone at the end (in "Gotham Will Fall to Akrham"). Unless you're suggesting one of the strangest cross-overs ever...
  • k12uZ - November 3, 2011 9:23 p.m.

actually, the article was correct. it mentioned Dr. Strange, as in Dr. Hugo Strange. remember he´s a psychologist who worked at arkham asylum, an was the one who influenced the mayor into creating Arkham City
  • CaptJak - November 11, 2011 10:07 a.m.

ah you're right. damn. and here i was so proud of myself.
  • kazboy31 - November 3, 2011 10:32 a.m.

If I'm not mistaken didnt Mark Hamill say that Arkham City was going too be his last Joker performance? His voice is iconic and can not be replaced. That'd be like Christopher Nolan trying to replace Heath Legdar in the upcoming Batman movie, it simply can't be done.
  • codystovall - November 3, 2011 11:57 a.m.

He didnt say that exactly.
  • kazboy31 - November 3, 2011 12:28 p.m.

According too this article by gamesradar he did.. http://www.gamesradar.com/mark-hamill-to-play-the-joker-for-the-final-time-in-arkham-asylum-2/ unless of course i misunderstood..
  • JayQ - November 3, 2011 2:06 p.m.

He said the exact same thing after Arkham Asylum too