• jaosming - November 9, 2012 6:05 a.m.

No love for Saints Row The Third's nut shot button?
  • smashpro1 - November 9, 2012 9:59 a.m.

The Awesome Button is also acceptable.
  • barrage7667 - November 12, 2012 6:40 a.m.

I abused the shit out of that button
  • Admiral Rabbit - November 9, 2012 4:24 a.m.

Personal favourite was the "smoke a cigarette" button in Vanquish. I think it might have served to distract enemies or something, but who cares.
  • ObliqueZombie - November 9, 2012 9:32 a.m.

Haha, yes! It actually had some benefit later on, but it was definitely a cool addition.
  • archnite - November 9, 2012 12:35 p.m.

That button was so awesome it bumped the rating of that game up a notch
  • avantguardian - November 9, 2012 1:54 p.m.

i was hoping someone would post this:) that game would get so batshit, sometimes you just needed to cozy up to a wall and take a fiver.
  • JarkayColt - November 9, 2012 3:37 a.m.

I used to love the Micro Machines horn button (albeit in V3). If you dropped off a table at the same time, the sound went all distorted. It was hilarious, especially if said "horn" was the jingle from the ice cream van. Actually, that one was hilarious whether you were falling off a table or not. OH! And what about the "pull incredibly stupid face" button in the original Rayman? It gets replaced by the dash much later on, but for most of the game beforehand, it's right there just asking to be pushed. It's only use is to scare an enemy or two away before you learn to punch, and after that it's otherwise useless but incredibly funny. But I suppose it doesn't count as much as any of these and I honestly can't think of any entirely dedicated nonessentially buttons.
  • DrFred79 - November 9, 2012 3:35 a.m.

JAAYSOOOON !
  • Acerlux - November 9, 2012 4:40 a.m.

I was going to come in with the nutshot button for Saint's Row the Third, because that was magical every time. But this is way better.
  • KidKatana - November 9, 2012 3:34 a.m.

I am fairly certain that Okami had a one-button attack that allowed you to pee on your enemies.
  • shawksta - November 9, 2012 2:48 a.m.

Mario? M-m-m-m-m-mario!? MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARIOOOO!?!?!?!?
  • FierceDeity - November 9, 2012 2:44 a.m.

the "MARIOOOOO" button in Luigi's Mansion always makes me laugh :)
  • Turtman - November 9, 2012 2:44 a.m.

Double Dragon Neon's "High Five" button was AWESOME! That game is a gem in the rough, you should add it to this list Justin
  • taokaka - November 9, 2012 2:18 a.m.

It's used very sparingly in the actual gameplay but journey's notes were brilliant for just trying to communicate with others. Also resident evil 6's praises are fantastic entirely because of Conan Obrien's review. Also correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't sackboy have more facial expressions than happy and sad, I'm pretty sure left and right did something as well.
  • JarkayColt - November 9, 2012 3:41 a.m.

That's what I was thinking too. Left and Right make Sackboy angry and scared. Can't remember which is which, but I think right is scared and left is angry. If not it's a 50-50 chance so the opposite should be inferred :I