• richardr - March 1, 2012 12:11 p.m.

I'm a big fan of the Ass Creed games, and a big part of that has been the setting, the story and cleverness of it all. Frankly, putting the next game in the American Revolution just feels like pandering to the biggest market and a very dull choice. This is very disappointing news for me.
  • brickman409 - March 1, 2012 3:20 p.m.

"just feels like pandering to the biggest market and a very dull choice" what are you talking about? what other game have you played that take place during the american revolution? it seems very unique and original to me.
  • gopikmin - March 1, 2012 4:09 p.m.

its appealing to Americans, their biggest market. Americans love them some American Revolution. Its dull because america in late 1700s did not have many urban enviroments aka buildings for parkour
  • austin128 - March 1, 2012 6:04 p.m.

http://mrtripodi.pbworks.com/f/1258418958/1258418958/Lpic1.jpg Say what?
  • samsneeze - March 1, 2012 8:51 p.m.

Conclusions. You're jumping to them. Assumptions. You're making them blindly.
  • Stabby_Joe - March 1, 2012 12:07 p.m.

Great that we can play in this setting outside of strategy games. Although given that marketability in the US and the developers being French, my only concern is the game having a "HOORAH! KILL TEH LIMEYS!" mentality.
  • Jacko415 - March 1, 2012 12:06 p.m.

AMERICAAAAA! FUCK YEAH!!!
  • austin128 - March 1, 2012 6:02 p.m.

Ha! I posted this about the game earlier today!
  • Dazbot - March 1, 2012 11:56 a.m.

The British are coming!!
  • xlyesterdaylx - March 1, 2012 11:46 a.m.

I am so ready for this.
  • CaptCOMMANDO - March 1, 2012 11:22 a.m.

WE'RE GONNA GET DEM RED COATS! DAMN LOBSTER BACKS!
  • Zatunks - March 1, 2012 11:14 a.m.

"They also reveal that the team developing ACIII has been hard at work on it since completing Assassin's Creed II years ago." Here's to hoping that this means the game will be more focused (as in AC2) and ditch a lot of the mini-game distractions introduced in Brotherhood and Revelations. I could especially do without the "Full Synchronization" objectives during missions, too. At least keep them hidden until you replay the mission. They've added more tools and toys, but almost always told you in what specific way you were supposed to complete each mission, to be doing it the "right way". The freedom to plan your assassination however you wanted without feeling the pressure to do it in a particular way was part of what made the first two games special.
  • Manguy17 - March 1, 2012 11:54 a.m.

this, was thinking about it earlier doing the maidens tower mission, all was going well until the game failed to register quick A-B button press and just registered B, so i dropped into the water. not a big deal until BAM FAILED SYNCHRONISATION YOU HAVE FAILED!
  • lilspooky - March 1, 2012 11:10 a.m.

Im feeling over saturated on AC titles, honestly I stopped caring after AC2. When new details surface, I may find myself captivated again, who knows. Im just not the type of person not enjoys annual releases.
  • Dman3981 - March 1, 2012 10:58 a.m.

I have a feeling they want to get this game out just in time for December 12, 2012. Soon Desmond wont be based in the future but as the present.
  • christian-shaffer - March 1, 2012 4:09 p.m.

That was the plan from the beginning. They wanted it to tie in with the 12/21/12 doomsday idea seeing as that's also the main premise from the games.
  • ElDudeorino - March 1, 2012 10:54 a.m.

I eagerly await this fair and balanced portrayal of the American Revolution.
  • patbateman17 - March 1, 2012 10:50 a.m.

I still don't think there will be enough interesting architecture around America at this point in history to make the gameplay interesting. What will they remove the parkour elements and focus more on horses? I'm just not sure about this - of course it could be totally brilliant and make me eat my words, which I would prefer. Also - roman numerals? Really Captcha, really?
  • Schucknasty - March 1, 2012 11:30 a.m.

Although I agree that colonial-era America doesn't have the architectural interest of Renaissance Europe, it seems to me that the series probably won't be leaving Europe behind altogether. Given the political situation surrounding the Revolutionary War in England and France (who would become a United States ally and a critical factor in defeating Great Britain), and given the series' concern with political history in previous games, I'd be willing to bet we spend a fair amount of time traversing the rooftops of 18th century London and Paris, trying to influence events there, which would be pretty damn cool. I could also see some interesting possibilities with the North American wilderness areas (climbing trees or cliff sides in backwoods areas, waiting to pounce on unsuspecting British agents or Yankee turncoats).
  • garnsr - March 1, 2012 11:53 a.m.

I'm also wondering how many buildings in colonial America were higher than two stories. Jumping from that height doesn't even require a haystack, you can jump onto your horse from that far in Red Dead. It should be interesting, whatever they do, though.
  • thespaceherpe - March 1, 2012 2:49 p.m.

Guys there were plenty of buildings taller than 2 stories. Lots of tall churches. The big cities of this time were very dense. We are talking the 1700s not the 1600s.
  • daniel-scott - March 1, 2012 12:48 p.m.

I agree with what you say. Given the tie of the Church and the British, the setting can really due justice with the Assassins/Templar theme. And lets not forget George Washington spy ring. And considering other AC 2 visited different countries, I can see them visiting both sides of the conflict. Maybe more traditional AC game play in London and a new, action or Brotherhood style in the Americas. Maybe even some free mason action going on here. And since this is an actual sequel, not a spin off, I have no doubt the story will blow us away. I remember people bitching about going to Italy, and we all know how well that ended up!