We Recommend

• Metroidhunter32 - January 5, 2010 11:21 p.m.

No metroid or zelda. ;_; You have failed me. WTF? Recapcha is "yet menswear"??? ._.
  • SausageLozenge - January 5, 2010 11:09 p.m.

@Dante Halo 3 is this generation. And all of the innovations that were in Halo 3 were included in ODST. Sure ODST wasn't that much of an improvement over Halo 3, But he's comparing the current gen's Halos (3 AND ODST) to Halo 2.
  • baldy666 - January 5, 2010 11:06 p.m.

Good article, agree with most of those except I'd have Sonic and Res to the maximum of THEN.
  • dante1924 - January 5, 2010 10:18 p.m.

Oh, and sorry for doublepost, but to Sausagelozenge, he meant that Halo 3 was great, but ODST wasn't that good compared to the other games, so... yeah.
  • dante1924 - January 5, 2010 10:15 p.m.

Sonic... Good??? Does not compute! Sonic already dug his grave and buried himself alive while screaming! And every time Sega tries to bring life into this dead franchise, the corpse is even more rotten than before! That said, the needle should have been on "Then" so far, the awesomemeter blew up. If only he had fared as well as his good old rival, Mario. I think you should have put metroid on the list. True, there wasn't a lot of games last generation, but it could have worked out.
  • El_Hombre11 - January 5, 2010 10:09 p.m.

Hey! You left out our current gen's version of Star Wars Battlefront!!! oh wait... that's right... :/ Stupid current gen!
  • Cyberninja - January 5, 2010 9:58 p.m.

the first sonic game i played was adventure for the dreamcast so i dont understand why the orignals were so great and why the series is bad now but i like the advance and rush series so as long as we still have handheld sonic ill be happy with him
  • SausageLozenge - January 5, 2010 9:53 p.m.

In regards to Halo he says. " was there anywhere else for Halo to go on the 360? Yes. But was it all good? No." Then says in the next paragraph. "the third game did a hell of a lot in terms of Bungie’s continued bestowing of hot, sticky love upon its community. Along with uploadable gameplay videos and file sharing, we got real-time multiplayer level editing by way of Bungie’s pioneering Forge tools, and what was already a simmering community exploded." These seem to contradict each other. Maybe I read it wrong?
  • Yeager1122 - January 5, 2010 9:03 p.m.

Yes rachet and clank i used to love those games though sadly i havent gotten to play the new ones because i dont own a ps3.
  • Soren - January 5, 2010 8:25 p.m.

The thing that bothers me about Street Fighter IV is how people praises that entry in the series,as if nothing had happened since SF 2. But the video game market was always crowded with that series. When since SFII Capcom stopped publishing this serie, in arcades and consoles ? And how about the crossover games with Marvel and SNK? In last generation, the last canonical entry in the series was Street Fighter Alpha/Zero 3 and not Street Fighter III, a game much more accesible to casual gamers. BTW,Great article.
  • IIIIIACEIIIII - January 5, 2010 8 p.m.

The reason everyone still buys Sonic games is because as terrible as all the latest games are, you can't deny there is still no other game quite like it, what with the homing attacks and super fast segments, linear or not. Seriously, can you name another game which feels like Sonic? I reckon if another game came along with the same play style, but without all the faults of a Sonic game, it would blow him out of the water...although I would hate to see that happen, I'd rather Sega did that themselves.
  • Hydrohs - January 5, 2010 7:56 p.m.

@Tomsta666 It's comparing this gen to last gen. There are still little to no good sonic games from last gen. Or even the gen before that. I preferred Sunshine over Galaxy. Am I always doomed to the minority? xD
  • RedOutlive10 - January 5, 2010 7:49 p.m.

Not sure why I knew Sonic was going to be discussed in this article.
  • jackthemenace - January 5, 2010 7:43 p.m.

i think devil may cry was better in th olden days, but DMC4 was pretty good. but Resi 4 is far better than 5. and i havent played most of the rest of the new gens, which upsets me
  • Ded - January 5, 2010 7:27 p.m.

Well, hopefully Project Needlemouse can bring some life back into the Sonic franchise. :D
  • Tomsta666 - January 5, 2010 6:50 p.m.

When I saw Sonic on the list, I was expecting the needle to off the chart on the "then" side. And it should of been!
  • NotBraze - January 5, 2010 6:38 p.m.

Oh Sonic, as much as you've hurt me I can't forget the great times we had in the '90s. Remember when it was all so beautifully simple, when it was just you and me (and occasionally Tails)… I still have your demo for Sonic Unleashed on my Xbox, reminding me of a time when everything almost felt right again, before you took all the beauty of that moment away by becoming the Were-hog. I still love you Sonic, but I hate what you've become… If only we could get back to the way things were, Sonic… if only…
  • rockzombie - January 5, 2010 6:38 p.m.

Several of the franchises are starting to become stale, but what they need to do is mix it up and try something new.