Topics

Week of Hate

• forestfire55 - April 24, 2012 5:19 p.m.

Sonic adventure, but when you play as big the cat, waiting...waiting...waiting for that damned frog to bite! It doesnt make it better that you just end up loosing him, also not to mention beating all his levels is the only way to fully finish the game!
  • ThatGamerDude - April 24, 2012 6:22 p.m.

That pain, I know how you feel...
  • laurenhiya21 - April 24, 2012 5:13 p.m.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who raged at Puzzle Quest .3. I haven't played the other ones on the list, but another game that made me rage a few times was Avalon Code. Some of the bosses in that game... ughh
  • kachigop - April 24, 2012 5:07 p.m.

Hooray for the I Wanna Be the Guy reference, but that game deserves its own entry. Easily the most frustrating game I've ever played. Just so unforgiving, especially on the higher difficulties. (Not to mention 'Impossible Mode'....) That said, its a load of fun and is filled with nostalgic level designs.
  • BrewerHorse - April 24, 2012 5:01 p.m.

Thanks for reminding me of the turbo tunnel in Battletoads, now I am going to hang myself in a suicidal asphyxi-wank.
  • ThundaGawd - April 24, 2012 4:56 p.m.

I actually never got ragepissed while playing Mirror's Edge, I'd mess up every now and then, but never too often to drive me insane, and the controls on PC feel pretty fluid to me. As for Dark Souls, I ran into the game knowing what I was getting into, Hardass bosses who'll kill you in a couple of hits if you make the slightest mistake, so whenever I died, I usually learned from my mistakes, more or less. What REALLY pissed me off about the game was grinding for humanity in Anor Londo in order to be able to summon companions for the Smough & Ornstein boss fight, only to have all your work undone on the cathedral steps literally 5 minutes before the boss by some fucking 12 year old who would continuously jump into your world and kill you with his fucking dinosaur of an internet connection, resulting in the message displaying "some douche has entered your world", only to never find him until the prick has his greatsword up your ass because he's lagging too much for you to ever be able to land a hit on him >.<
  • BladedFalcon - April 24, 2012 11:55 p.m.

You could have, y'know, just played offline? :P
  • DrFunFrock - April 30, 2012 3:14 p.m.

Yeah! You can even summon an NPC for that fight which makes it cake on NG and NG+ :) Only disadvantage is you have to kill the royal sentinels but still...
  • Rub3z - April 24, 2012 4:53 p.m.

Left 4 Dead. Going for completing all the campaigns on Expert difficulty. For most of the finales, you could exploit some glitch where you'd be safe from the zombies. Except for Blood Harvest. I was playing with my friend. Note that in order to get the credit for completing the campaign, you had to survive... i.e., be on the rescue vehicle at the end. Imagine my frustration when, after we had toiled away on that campaign on Expert difficulty for hours, and spent so many times retrying and reloading its final section, when my friend simply ditched me and got on the rescue vehicle himself. I was so angry I came to tears, and screamed. It was probably one of, if not the most aggravating experiences of my life. So many hours spent on just that, for no reward at all... man, I was so pissed with him.
  • Person5 - April 24, 2012 10:53 p.m.

I have near that exact same story, only difference? My friend had already beaten it on expert, so he ruined my playthrough for no gain of his own
  • talleyXIV - April 24, 2012 4:37 p.m.

You can dodge a blue shell with a mushroom, not just a star.
  • PReNDeL21 - April 24, 2012 4:28 p.m.

Legendary Souls mode on Soulcalibur V. That is all
  • Redeater - April 24, 2012 4:08 p.m.

Punch-out for NES. Because decades after the fact I still can't beat that asshole Mr. Dream!
  • santaclouse37 - April 24, 2012 4:02 p.m.

Demon's Souls, Bayonetta and Quake III online (people are just way too fucking good at that game; I tried it for the first time when they released it as free-to-play online and consistently got my ass handed to me). Oh, and once you reach Rapier (or even then, Phantom) class in any WipeOut game.
  • eternal85_gamesradar - April 24, 2012 3:53 p.m.

It's not the difficulty of Trials HD/Evolution that sets me back ... it's the fact that I know out there SOMEONE has beat it ... and that always keeps me going until I finish. I enjoy a game knowing that millions out there are doing the exact same thing ... collective intelligence gaming anyone?
  • Nap1400 - April 24, 2012 3:48 p.m.

I Wanna Be The Guy?
  • ObliqueZombie - April 24, 2012 6:40 p.m.

Soul Calibur has never made me more mad in my life (save for my early Call of Duty days, back before I started not giving a shit). The heavy physics, the characters who'd switch styles midway through like Tira, the 3-deminsional fighting plane, the sever difference between character, which forced me to re-learn the entire game... couldn't do it. Had to sell it. To boot, I never won a single match online. Man I suck at that game.
  • JMarsella09 - April 24, 2012 3:45 p.m.

I must say, I love the Stunt man mention. And I thought people forgot that gem. Anyway, I think the lack of Catherine is odd. Most frustrating game I ever played. Especially if you are trying to Platinum it and have to play through without making a single mistake.
  • gilgamesh310 - April 24, 2012 3:40 p.m.

Some good choices there. The only real ommision I can think of is the Shinobi game on the PS 2.
  • slimjim441 - April 24, 2012 3:40 p.m.

This list gives me rage of the Brooklyn variety. Additionally: Metroid - 'How the hell was I supposed to know that I could bomb that floor?' Crash Bandicoot 2 - 'That nitro placement was bullshit and you know it.' Contra - 'Seriously? This isn't even fucking fair...' Castlevania II - 'These villagers lie AND make no sense?! Where do I fucking go?!' Mario Kart Wii (worst entry in the series) - '9 Blue shells in one race? How am I not surprised? (true story)' Eternal Darkness - 'MY FUCKING CONTROLLER IS PLUGGED IN GODDAMMIT!!!!' followed by - >.> Feel free to add some more, I'm actually making my self mad again...