We Recommend

• DrDevious - April 7, 2012 1:11 p.m.

Fuck yeah for Timesplitters. Future Perfect was my favorite.
  • bboyd - April 7, 2012 1:53 p.m.

Man, Onimusha was such a good trilogy of games. . . then it even had the excellent Dawn of Dreams to top it all off. I wish Capcom would do something worthwhile with it, I hate to see a goo IP fizzle out.
  • zd24 - April 7, 2012 2:05 p.m.

sly cooper???
  • KishouTenpi - April 7, 2012 4:21 p.m.

I own all the SMT games in the collection yet I'd happily buy it again!
  • TristanPR77 - April 7, 2012 6:56 p.m.

Interesting thing is that most of all those HD collections are Playstation born franchises. You dont see xbox born franchises there.
  • BladedFalcon - April 8, 2012 12:24 a.m.

Um... And pray tell, aside from Halo, which Xbox born franchise would you suggest? (And even Halo wouldn't be a good choice since the first one has been more than just remastered.. it was graphically updated.) Not only there isn't that many Xbox born franchises in total, but the ones worth mentioning mainly flourished on the 360, not on the Xbox. There's only one forza game for Xbox, so I don't see much point remaking it in HD. Stranger's wrath already got this treatment as well... So yeah... The only original Xbox "franchise" that I can remember qualifying for an HD collection would be Blinx... And really, is there that many people that would want it/Care?
  • fortheroflz - April 8, 2012 2:46 p.m.

true, even though i am a xbox fan, also ps2, i can't think of anything that should be remade on the xbox. but if you look at the ps2 you get an explosion of games that we still love and enjoy. its just weird...
  • DecoyOctorok - April 7, 2012 8:10 p.m.

These all seem like no-brainers. Especially Legacy of Kain and Onimusha. I wonder if it's a copyright issue or if there just isn't enough interest. Also, I love the first three Silent Hill games but the HD collection of just two games is extremely lazy.
  • forestfire55 - April 7, 2012 9:54 p.m.

Im still wating for hd knights of the old republic... and i would fucin love republic commando and battlefront, did i mention i like star wars?
  • charles-duran - April 8, 2012 1:17 a.m.

really want okami and viewtiful joe would buy them again in hd but as much as i want onimusha i played the first1 and demon siege recently and was dissapointed considering how much i loved them last gen i dont think they aged that well , an all new onimusha would be welcomed though
  • Ilyere - April 8, 2012 5:45 a.m.

Was expecting Okami in here. XD I got it for the Wii, but the controls were a little weird for me. A console version suits better.
  • ihopethisisnotantistasblood - April 8, 2012 8:07 a.m.

because the wii is a portable system... *facepalm
  • larkan - April 8, 2012 8:46 a.m.

Please, no more overpriced Capcom HD Collections until they do it right. Upscaling is not the same as making it HD, and the games usually end up looking like crap.
  • FinderKeeper - April 8, 2012 10:34 a.m.

OKAAAAAAAAMIIIIII :-) Make it so. Actually, I'd like to see Red Faction I and II, but I don't think that'll happen unless another publisher buys Volition (the studio that developed the games) from THQ (or buys THQ).
  • BertTheTurtle - April 8, 2012 11:21 a.m.

I would have loved to see Silent Hill 4: The Room in the HD Collection, but I'm still very happy with it. And a Fatal Frame collection sounds splendid now that you mention it. Also, how about The Suffering?
  • Mezolitik - April 8, 2012 1:07 p.m.

Are you really asking for a HD remake of a game that was released in 2007 in the UK (FFXII)? I could understand Dizzy or Cannon Fodder, but in asking for a HD rehash of a five year old game, aren't we basically telling developers that we're a bunch of suckers that will throw money at anything? If EA hears this, we'll have Mass Effect 3 HD out at full price by the end of the month.
  • ChristopherDalley - April 8, 2012 3:14 p.m.

Pffffffff (runs hand through hair) Where to start? Umm... FXII is a PS2 game. Meaning it's not in HD and doesn't look that great on a HD screen. Which is why they (plus me) want a HD remake. Following? People want to be able to play their old games on their new systems. Backwards compatibility would be nice but it's not exactly earning companies like Sony any money. They are, after all, companies. Companies don't operate on goodwill. It's not a nice fact, but buying a HD update seems be the only option nowadays, and therefore a necessary evil. Besides, developers are savvy to the fact we *will* buy any old shit. [insert rather predictable dig at COD franchise here]. We gamers don't have to imply it; it's a fact. The last bit made absolutely no bloody sense whatsoever; no, EA won't release 'Mass Effect 3 HD'. Know why? Because while they may be mean and money-grabbing, they're not complete fucking morons: Mass Effect 3 is already in HD. I think you meant to make good use of the exaggeration technique, but you actually ended looking like a bit of a gonk. I won't hold it against you, don't worry. Just don't try so hard next time. Live long, and die. Christoper
  • Mezolitik - April 9, 2012 2:33 p.m.

Well, your patronising tone made everything easier to understand, so I'm suddenly feeling enlightened. Thank you. Sarcasm aside, your point did help me see why HD collections are valued; for some reason it never occurred to me that HD remakes would be made for HD TVs. I had assumed they were...well, cash grabs aimed at the gullible. You did spell your own name wrong though, 'Christoper'! So yeah, take that.
  • ChristopherDalley - April 11, 2012 12:41 p.m.

GUDDUMIT! Effing TYPSO! The patronising thing was more for my own amusement. Sorry about that. Glad you feel enlightened BTW! I feel I've have taken another step toward spiritual fulfillment!
  • ChristopherDalley - April 8, 2012 3:40 p.m.

How many outlets are aware of how crappy the Silent Hill HD collection is? Various smaller sites and blogs have reported it, but I haven't seen much of it on many of the bigger sites ('cept EuroGamer, though admittedly my web reading is rather sporadic and probably unreliable). I would of thought, after the righteous uproar from GR about Skyrim's PS3 problems, that they would have at least picked up on the issue. http://forums.gametrailers.com/thread/konami-under-scrutiny-for-sile/1283503?page=1 http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-what-went-wrong-with-silent-hill-hd Maybe I missed the article. Anyway, can someone please get back to me on this? It would be much appreciated.