• MetaLicca - August 19, 2009 11:31 p.m.

I think the old ps3 looked better to be honest. And why is Sony constantly making their systems slimmer? Every single one either has a slimmer version, or one coming out.
  • pikachu2000 - August 19, 2009 11:23 p.m.

I am going to take a long hard look at this baby before I start buying it, dispite its improvements. Finally the PS3 will stand a chance against the Xbox 360 with an affordable and respectable $300 price tag. All those years of getting their butts kick have finally put some sense back into Sony in their quest to be top dog once again. Better trade in those kiddy Wiis as soon as this baby hits the market, because it will sell out QUICK!!!
  • allaboutrockband - August 19, 2009 11:09 p.m.

I have that much but I don't really want a Ps3.
  • BobLoblaw - August 19, 2009 10:44 p.m.

Wow. For once I am disappointed that something is not backward compatible.
  • _D-Man_ - August 19, 2009 10:11 p.m.

Again why does Sony decied to take off the power switch on the back with the slimer system! THEY DID THAT WITH THE PS2!
  • Edeuinu - August 19, 2009 10:02 p.m.

I have a ps3 so I'm just glad to hear the bitching stop about the price. In the end it really wasn't any more than the others when you factor everything in, I guess that inital $400 price tag set people off. Either way, good news, now more people can enjoy more great games, in the end that's all that matters.
  • FriendlyFire - August 19, 2009 9:52 p.m.

Good for the Spiderman font, but I actually loved those touch buttons. I'll live on just fine with the "old" PS3 :)
  • lovinmyps3 - August 19, 2009 9:42 p.m.

Nice! Definately getting one.
  • cart00n - August 19, 2009 9:28 p.m.

Now all that is needed is for the LOTR extended editions to come out on BR, and I will have no choice but to pick this baby up. Shame that it doesn't play PS2 games, stores could use the extra shelf space those units take up...
  • pixiefairy007 - August 19, 2009 9:14 p.m.

what is the cute tiny light for? to tell that its on or off?
  • sixboxes - August 19, 2009 9:13 p.m.

Good thing they dropped the price, so we'll have some extra bucks for component/HDMI cables. I'm still a cheap bastard so I'll naturally hold out for a bundle.
  • GamesRadarJoeMcNeilly - August 19, 2009 9:09 p.m.

The Bravia remote integration is a nice touch.
  • garnsr - August 19, 2009 8:58 p.m.

I love touch-sensitive buttons, nuts to clicky buttons.
  • ELpork - August 19, 2009 8:57 p.m.

Lol, I like the last one. Recaptcha: Slinky James