Topics

Features wEiRd

• LEGOMatrix - June 27, 2013 5:57 a.m.

So that's what Tom Nook keeps beneath his apron! What a guy!
  • CitizenWolfie - June 26, 2013 9:33 a.m.

I once went to a training day thing at work and after a couple of hours I got bored and decided to turn my little card name badge around to read "Guybrush Threepwood" with (mighty pirate) underneath. The lady hosting the seminar decided to call my bluff and referred to me as either "Guybrush" or "Mister Threepwood" for the rest of the two-day course. Best part was when she occasionally got it wrong like the NPCs do in the games.
  • smiiter - June 25, 2013 8:12 a.m.

how are you missing Zelda ? robin williams daughter ?
  • Cyberninja - June 25, 2013 10:16 a.m.

Zelda Williams is named after the game character these are all actual people that just happen to have the name
  • PatHan-bHai - June 25, 2013 5:21 a.m.

Bruce Wayne - http://www.bruce-wayne-photography.com/ (some photographer) Liu Kang - http://asianmideast.duke.edu/people?Gurl=/aas/AMES&Uil=liukang&subpage=profile (a professor) Nina Williams - http://fiveten.com/athletes/athlete-detail/9622-nina-williams (mountain climber) Oh and I found this funny site too - http://askkazuyamishima.tumblr.com/
  • GOD - June 25, 2013 1:57 a.m.

I'm just enjoying how much you wanted to shoe horn Tom Nook in here to the point where even when you couldn't find one he ended up in the article anyways. Now if only there was a real life Mario Mario and Mario Luigi....
  • StrayGator - June 25, 2013 1:37 a.m.

ima gonna cheat: Alex Chilton.
  • Rub3z - June 25, 2013 12:36 a.m.

"Shakespeare and his Times, including the Biography of the Poet, Criticisms on his Genius, and Writings; a new Chronology of his Plays; a Disquisition on the Object of his Sonnets; and a History of the Manners, Customs and Amusements, Superstitions, Poetry and Elegant Literature of his Age" Hold up... that's seriously one title? Jesus... actually, he may have just saved like five pages on no longer having to write an introduction. Ingenious!
  • hayden-pattullo - June 24, 2013 11:14 a.m.

Fun fact: John Cage is also a well-known abstract musician from the mid-late 20th century
  • BarbwireTino - June 24, 2013 10:01 a.m.

No Isaac Clarke?
  • fattoler - June 24, 2013 10 a.m.

The real-life Nathan Hale (Resistance) is pretty darn interesting. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nathan_Hale
  • rainn'sgaydar - June 24, 2013 9:55 a.m.

I have a cousin by marriage named Gordon Freeman. He's infinitely less cool than his video game counterpart.
  • Rhymenocerous - June 24, 2013 9:09 a.m.

John Marston was an English poet. However, I am sad to report there is no real Francis York Morgan.
  • BladedFalcon - June 24, 2013 7:54 a.m.

Out of all of these, I think Real Life Gordon Freeman is the most impressive one, and arguably better than his videogame counterpart.
  • Sliet - June 24, 2013 7:16 a.m.

So... anyone else went google it?
  • shawksta - June 24, 2013 6:50 a.m.

Wow, well this list was interesting
  • mafyooz - June 24, 2013 6:28 a.m.

It would seem Adam Jensen also moonlights as a musician :) http://adamjensenmusic.com/
  • GR_AndyHartup - June 24, 2013 8:32 a.m.

Wow - didn't check for Adam Jensen. That's a great find.
  • mafyooz - June 24, 2013 9:31 a.m.

For some reason I think this one was strangely appropriate, I can easily picture him playing in some smokey blues bar on his days off (I think it's the beard and cyber-shades that do it!). Might have to start a petition for some Guitar Hero style DLC ;)
  • tichtat - June 24, 2013 6:23 a.m.

I was going to comment on Sarah Bryant's appearance, but golly gosh you beat me to the fucking punch.