A new Activision-published game, Blood Drive, hasappeared on Amazon (opens in new tab), but has not been officially announced. The combat racing game takes place, apparently, in "Lost" Vegas, and is due for release on October 26th of this year. We thought "blood drives" were things our annoying, charitable friends guilted us in to. And then all we get for giving our precious life juice is a cookie and a sticker?! Dammit. Right, but apparently it's also a new game...
The game's listed features seem like an intentional joke:
- Motorized Vehicles on Steroids ? THE CARS ARE THE STARS! Battle-hardened %26amp; itching to be modded with killer weaponry and armor pick-ups
- Zombies with Attitude: Diverse and interesting zombies lifted from the streets of faux Vegas, each replete with unique attitudes and innovative ways to kill them
- Rewarding motorized combat with enemy vehicles, including souped-up muscle cars, hot rods, wreckers, and more
- Tournament Structured Gameplay: Enter the most gruesome and violent tournament on earth. Battle through 10 plus events and different levels in the ultimate fight for your life
- Multiplayer Bloodbath: With Online and LIVE play, the game is a target-rich environment with drop-in, drop-out playability
Are the carson steroids? Who knows?! Cars can't even take drugs man, so that's just, crazy, but when you've got "zombies with attitude," anything can happen!
So that's that. Car combat with zombies could be pretty cool, butwe don't know anything else about the game, except what we can glean from the "not final" box art (right) and the Amazon product description:
"It's the entertainment sport for a twisted new age: contestants in weaponized cars battle the undead and each other in an orgy of ultra violence. Shuan of the Dead meets Mad Max in Death Race, set amongst the sinful and greedy fallout aftermath of a zombie-infested Vegas-like city. You have stepped into the bloodiest sports arena on the planet. Can you drive, shoot and mutilate your way to the top?"
It's like "Shuan of the Dead," you say? We can't wait.
Sep 2, 2010