Dead Space 3 has entered the UK all formats chart at No.1.
Retail monitor Chart-Track said the game enjoyed the biggest launch of 2013 so far, but that first week sales were down almost 27 per cent compared to those of Dead Space 2, which also claimed the top spot following its January 2011 release.
The Xbox 360 version of the new game captured 65 per cent of total sales, the PS3 edition 31 per cent and the PC one four per cent. In comparison, the Dead Space 2 split was 56 per cent on Xbox 360, 40 per cent on PS3 and four per cent on PC.
We said in our Dead Space 3 review: “As a solo experience, Dead Space 3 is the weakest entry in the series. But when you're dismembering Necromorphs with a friend at your side, it becomes a greatly enjoyable cooperative adventure.”
- Dead Space 3 (EA)
- FIFA 13 (EA)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (Activision)
- Far Cry 3 (Ubisoft)
- Hitman HD Trilogy (Square Enix)
- Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (Namco Bandai)
- Need for Speed: Most Wanted (EA)
- Just Dance 4 (Ubisoft)
- Hitman Absolution (Square Enix)
- Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (Sega)