Joss Whedon's latest film, Star Wars , Spider-Man and more! It's your sci-fi news round-up
• Joss Whedon has released his latest film In Your Eyes online. The paranormal romance premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival on Sunday. It was written by Whedon and directed by Brin Hill. The film stars Zoe Karan and Michael Stahl-David, playing two people who share a telepathic bond. You can view it online for $5 (around £2.98).
• Simon Kinberg, screenwriter of one of the upcoming Star Wars spin-off movies, has said that his film won’t explore the expanded universe. While we might see the appearance of some new planets and solar systems, Kinberg won’t be setting any of his script in the worlds that appeared outside of the six films in the canon established by books, comics and videogames.
• Dragon enthusiasts will be excited to hear that Yahoo Movies have posted the first 5 minutes of How To Train Your Dragon 2 online. The clip shows a new dragon sport in action, and also Hiccup and Toothless discovering a new part of the dragon inhabited world.
• In gaming news, Ubisoft’s Assassin’s Creed: Unity is rumoured to be the first in a new series of games that will feature four-player co-op. In the previous Assassin’s Creed games the multiplayer element was only available for training and battle sections, but this new development means that for the first time multiple players will be able to work together.
• Terminator fans rejoice! Terminator: Genesis began the first stage of filming in New Orleans yesterday. Arnold Schwarzenegger was on set, dressed in the Terminator’s classic leather trousers. It is unclear so far what they were filming, but Arnold surely will be back in more behind the scenes images soon.