Quentin Tarantino's World War Two/Wester/noir/Whatever mash-up Inglourious Basterds had a healthy start to its campaign, notching up $37/6 million in box office scalps across the pond this weekend.
It pushed District 9 down to second place, with the sci-fi pic dropping just 49% to score $18.9 million. G.I. Joe: The Rise Of Cobra took third with $12.5 million.
In fourth place, The Time Traveller's Wife made $10 million and Julie And Julie sank one place to fifth with $9 million.
QT's former Grindhouse collaborator Robert Rodriguez, saw his new kids' pic - Shorts - open in sixth place with just $6.6 million.
Your top 10, then...
- Inglourious Basterds ($37.6 million)
- District 9 ($18.9 million)
- G.I. Joe: The Rise Of Cobra ($12.5 million)
- The Time Traveller's Wife ($10 million)
- Julie & Julia ($9 million)
- Shorts ($6.6 million)
- G-Force ($4.2 million)
- Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince ($3.5 million)
- The Ugly Truth ($2.9 million)
- Post Grad ($2.8 million)
[Data Source: Box Office Mojo (opens in new tab) ]