Star Wars Jedi 2, Star Wars FPS, and a Star Wars strategy game all in the works at Respawn
The latter two are likely to be some way off
Weekly digests, tales from the communities you love, and more
You are now subscribed
Your newsletter sign-up was successful
Want to add more newsletters?
Every Friday
GamesRadar+
Your weekly update on everything you could ever want to know about the games you already love, games we know you're going to love in the near future, and tales from the communities that surround them.
Every Thursday
GTA 6 O'clock
Our special GTA 6 newsletter, with breaking news, insider info, and rumor analysis from the award-winning GTA 6 O'clock experts.
Every Friday
Knowledge
From the creators of Edge: A weekly videogame industry newsletter with analysis from expert writers, guidance from professionals, and insight into what's on the horizon.
Every Thursday
The Setup
Hardware nerds unite, sign up to our free tech newsletter for a weekly digest of the hottest new tech, the latest gadgets on the test bench, and much more.
Every Wednesday
Switch 2 Spotlight
Sign up to our new Switch 2 newsletter, where we bring you the latest talking points on Nintendo's new console each week, bring you up to date on the news, and recommend what games to play.
Every Saturday
The Watchlist
Subscribe for a weekly digest of the movie and TV news that matters, direct to your inbox. From first-look trailers, interviews, reviews and explainers, we've got you covered.
Once a month
SFX
Get sneak previews, exclusive competitions and details of special events each month!
Three new Star Wars games are coming from Respawn Entertainment, and two of them are all-new projects.
EA, Respawn, and Lucasfilm jointly announced the new projects today, confirming that the trio will include a sequel to Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. Work on the new Star Wars Jedi game is once again being headed by Stig Asmussen, who was game director on the previous title and was previously best known for directing God of War 3.
The second project is a new first-person shooter being led by Peter Hirschmann, who oversaw games including Star Wars: The Force Unleashed and the original Battlefront games during his time at LucasArts, and more recently headed up the VR shooter Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond at Respawn: “Working with Lucasfilm Games on a new FPS in the Star Wars galaxy is a dream come true for me, as this is a story I have always wanted to tell,” Hirschmann said in the announcement.
The third project is a strategy game, which is uncharted territory for the action-centric Respawn, but it's going in with a seasoned partner: newly announced studio Bit Reactor, composed of ex-Firaxis developers, will lead development on the project while Respawn will serve in a production role.
EA says work has begun on all three projects, though it didn't provide a timeline for when we should expect to see any of them. Recent rumors put the Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order sequel in line for a proper announcement before E3 and release date near the end of the year. Bloomberg reporter Jason Schreier added on his Twitter account that the other two projects "sound like they're many years away".
Lucasfilm is reportedly doubling down on Star Wars, Indiana Jones, and Willow as it cancels other projects.
Weekly digests, tales from the communities you love, and more

I got a BA in journalism from Central Michigan University - though the best education I received there was from CM Life, its student-run newspaper. Long before that, I started pursuing my degree in video games by bugging my older brother to let me play Zelda on the Super Nintendo. I've previously been a news intern for GameSpot, a news writer for CVG, and was formerly a staff writer at GamesRadar+.


