This week PS3 owners will be able to download the latest 1.90 firmware. Far and away the best addition is a new customization option that lets you set the wallpaper of the PS3 dashboard.
This means you're going to need some decent high-resolution images and to save you from faffing around with PhotoShop we've created12 which you can download below for free.
Here's how to get them on your PS3...
1. Select the image from the list below, right click the link and download to your PC's desktop.
2. Find the image and put it on a removable storage medium compatible with your PS3 (memory stick, portable hard drive, flash drive etc).
3. Plug it into the PS3 and transfer to the hard drive using the usual method.
4. To set the new image as a wallpaper select it from the Photo menu and when highlighted press triangle and then "set as wallpaper."
5. Bingo. One high-def game wallpaper.
July 23, 2007