The Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War beta dates have been revealed, and they're split into two long weekends.
You'll be able to start playing the beta on October 8 if you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War on PS4. Even if you don't pre-order, all players on PS4 will get access to a weekend beta of their own starting on October 10. Xbox One and PC players will be able to join in for the next weekend. Here's the full breakdown of dates you can join in by console and pre-order status.
Black Ops Cold War beta dates
Black Ops Cold War beta weekend 1: PS4-exclusive
- October 8: Early access for PS4 pre-orders begins
- October 10: Open beta access for PS4 players begins
- October 12: Black Ops Cold War beta weekend 1 ends
Black Ops Cold War beta weekend 2: Crossplay begins
- October 15: PS4 open beta resumes, early access for Xbox and PC pre-orders begins
- October 17: Open beta access for all players on all platforms
- October 19: Black Ops Cold War beta weekend 2 ends
Activision hasn't teased out any details about what exactly will be available for play in the beta. However, we did get to put our hands on Black Ops Cold War multiplayer ourselves. We got to try out five maps and two new modes in our preview, and here's hoping that the Black Ops Cold War beta includes access to the intriguing new 40-player Fireteam mode - it'd be great to get an early look at dedicated Fireteam game types such as Dirty Bomb.
Activision also offered a first look at Black Ops Cold War zombies, but the bigger details are a mystery for now.