Today, Ubisoft released a bunch of new information about the impending release of Assassin's Creed III (coming October 30) alongside a brand new trailer which aims to show a somewhat different side of the AC series.
While the trailer is cool, we're most interested in the Limited Edition goodies, because this collection is pretty cool. Along with a copy of the game, the bundle will include:
• Stunning 9.44" Assassin statue featuring Connor poised to strike with tomahawk and hidden blade.
• Embroidered 28"x48" Assassin’s Creed-inspired colonial flag.
• 3"x3.25" sturdy metal belt buckle to proudly proclaim your allegiance to the Assassins.
This mega-edition sells for the fairly hefty price of $119.99. They also revealed the PC special edition which will run $64.99 and include:
• George Washington’s notebook revealing his true story during the American Revolution.
• Three single-player missions taking players from the high seas to Cozumel Island in search of Captain Kidd’s fabled lost treasure.
• The Captain of the Aquila’s uniform and traditional Colonial Assassin outfit, boarding axe and Scottish flintlock – rumored to have fired “the shot heard round the world” – for use in the single-player campaign.
• Sharpshooter and Redcoat characters for use in multiplayer.
• A collection of the best audio tracks from previous Assassin’s Creed games.
And now for the trailer! Be careful, this trailer features two of the most foolproof tear-jerkers in the history of cinema: slow motion deaths and softly-singing children. At least it doesn't have a burned children's toy, Coldplay, or that girl in the red coat from Schindler's List.