Microsoft has unveiled a $99.99 Halo 4 Limited Edition, and it’s now available for pre-order. Some may prefer the shiny metal box to Halo 4's box art, plus it’s chocked full of bonus in-game items, an extended version of the Halo web series, and multiplayer maps other players will have to buy separately later on down the line. Here are the full details from Microsoft:
Limited Edition Contents
- War Games Map Packs: The Limited Edition includes access to nine maps - three future competitive multiplayer map packs, each including three locations, available for download post-launch on Xbox LIVE.
- Specializations: Receive early access to six Specializations, available at launch on Xbox LIVE, and use them, one at a time, to achieve higher ranks in your Spartan career. In addition to gaining access to new ranks, Specializations unlock new customization options.
- The Special Edition of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn, a 90-minute extended version of the live-action digital series which will take fans back to the terrifying beginning of the Human/Covenant war, when the Master Chief inspired a young cadet who would eventually become a leader aboard the UNSC’s greatest vessel ever: the UNSC Infinity.
Digital Content also included:
o Bonus in-fiction bonus content expanding the characters and stories of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn
o Special Featurette: Bringing Gaming into Reality
o Making of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn
- Bonus digital content through Xbox LIVE:
· Unique in-game Spartan IV armor skin
· Unique in-game weapon skin for the Assault Rifle
· An exclusive in-game emblem
· Xbox LIVE Avatar prop
· Xbox LIVE Avatar Spartan IV armor set
That’s a lot of stuff! Halo 4's release date is still firm for November 6. Is all this digital content enough to warrant the hundred dollar price tag? Will you be pre-ordering?