• Rage1073 - October 10, 2012 12:58 p.m.

Theres a Tron cabinet in the scene where he trips over Q-Bert. At 00:53 in the "Wreck-It Ralph Official Trailer #2 (2012) Disney Animated Movie HD" trailer
  • MrSuitMan - October 10, 2012 12:52 p.m.

What about the red devil guy? He looks way too distinct to be just something they made up. Also, that thing isn't Shuma Gorath. I don't know what it is, but it's not Shuma Gorath.
  • Snizzard - October 10, 2012 3:11 p.m.

Looks more like a Marlboro from Final Fantasy.
  • angelusdlion - October 10, 2012 5:38 p.m.

the guys from Final fantasy.. I can't remember the name, too lazy to look it up..
  • punkrawk-bbob - October 11, 2012 3:05 a.m.

Character you're thinking is Malboro. And no, it's not. They don't have eyes. http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100513224306/finalfantasy/images/a/ab/Malboro_(Final_Fantasy_VII).png It's definitely Shuma-Gorath. Maybe not Marvel vs Capcom's take on him, but is undoubtedly Shuma-Gorath. http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix2/shumagorath1.jpg
  • ZZZZZZ - October 18, 2012 7:27 a.m.

it's the Beholder form Eye of the Beholder http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/bf/BeholderGBA.jpg/220px-BeholderGBA.jpg
  • Viron - October 10, 2012 11:08 a.m.

I wish I could unsee Neff.
  • Gabezilla84 - October 10, 2012 5:38 p.m.

I'm just amazed that Neff makes a cameo, period! I think that's awesome! Does this mean that Alex Kidd will make an appearance as well?
  • flavio-bonfiglio - October 10, 2012 10:44 a.m.

I think this so-called Shuma Gorath reference might be a reference to the Marlboro enemies from Final Fantasy. The crown would also match.
  • TheNPC33 - October 10, 2012 12:55 p.m.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that it's supposed to be the Beholder from Dungeons and Dragons.
  • punkrawk-bbob - October 11, 2012 3:08 a.m.

No instance of Malboro has ever had a crown. Also, it has NO EYES. It is also not a Beholder, as a beholder has eyes on each of it's tentacles. http://common.ziffdavisinternet.com/util_get_image/21/0,1425,i=210452,00.jpg This is definitely Shuma-Gorath
  • ryanjohnson - October 11, 2012 5:54 a.m.

There are eyes on tentacles. I think a few eyeless tentacles on a Beholder is more plausible than adding a mouth and crown to Shuma. Though I think I remember the lore being that Shuma can shapeshift into whatever he feels, he just chooses the intentionally grotesque form. So...the once-Wily-now-ninja=Shuma. :P
  • helderuto - May 22, 2013 7:09 p.m.

are you brain damaged? Shuma-gorath is PINK and not green, and the beholder at the bad-anon has a mouth, thing that Shuma-gorath does NOT have
  • Fuzunga - October 10, 2012 10:35 a.m.

I don't know why I know this, but that Sonic bilboard thing is actually a PSA explaining what happens when you die in your game.
  • ZuzuPachulia - October 10, 2012 10:08 a.m.

You know there's gotta be at least one Kingdom Hearts reference somewhere in this movie.
  • RedHarlow - October 10, 2012 10:22 a.m.

And enlighten us, why is that?
  • christopherdiaz - October 10, 2012 11:40 a.m.

He's probably hoping because Disney and Square Enix handle kingdom Hearts that KH characters will be represented. I doubt it though, because it would have been PERFECT to have Xemnas or whichever main bad guy at the meeting with the villains.
  • BladedFalcon - October 10, 2012 3:59 p.m.

Meh, not really. Dunno if you people haven't noticed. But aside from stuff like the Hero's Duty game, the movie seems to focus on old school, arcade era gaming nostalgia, and i hate to break the bubble to the teenage demographic that is head over heels over KH, but that isn't an old school franchise at all.
  • mattdark - October 11, 2012 2:14 a.m.

Disney partly own the Kingdom Hearts liscence, so fans could easily assume that appearance would occur. I'd say its low though, as people have pointed out, with a few minor exceptions, this focuses mainly on the old-school.