• Crabhand - December 21, 2010 9 p.m.

I can't stand the way people act when it comes to what they think they are owed with games. What's worse is the people being complete dicks to Valve, who provides multitudes of free updates for fantastic games (just look at TF2!) I feel bad when I buy games used, I can't imagine what it would be like to actually steal them >_>
  • Pruman - December 21, 2010 8:55 p.m.

The best quote ever on PC game piracy ruining the platform was David Wong over at Cracked.com, who said (paraphrasing) "we're smashing out all of the windows in the house because it's fun, and then crying when the rain comes in." I love the PC and don't want it to die, but until we purge our ranks of the spoiled, entitled jackasses, it's all but a certainly. The law is "don't steal," not "stealing is OK, provided that you were very angry when you did it."
  • Odis - December 21, 2010 8:54 p.m.

Crysis 2... We love you. Don't leave us to the dark corridor that consists of PCs, and run off to the bright unicorn room, like Bayonetta and numerous others did. Please.
  • Jacky13 - December 21, 2010 8:52 p.m.

@Keefster10 why do you replace your 360????? http://gamesmyway.wordpress.com/
  • mockraven - December 21, 2010 8:51 p.m.

The pirating of the humble bundle is rather petty. I actually bought a few "bundles" to give to long-distance friends for christmas. Anyway, good article on pointing out the "dick moves" made against developers and charities in the name of pirating games. Keep up the good work!
  • tyler_14_420 - December 21, 2010 8:48 p.m.

Great article. Makes me look back at how idiotic PC Gamers can really be. I mean, what are we, 12-year olds on Xbox Live spewing racial slurs and profanities? No. We should be better than this. I'm glad Gabe took his time to show some of the Boycott Leaders what they actually do and shut them the hell up.
  • Robx - December 21, 2010 8:44 p.m.

@oryandymackie LOL.
  • Zerochantista - December 21, 2010 8:34 p.m.

Nothing about the classic murder of Lord British/Richard Garriott in Ultima Online? http://gmtristan.com/the-man-who-killed-lord-british/
  • xboxwarriorx - December 21, 2010 8:30 p.m.

@ FnKaiser x_x yous are encouraging pirating. please speek with more clarity and thout next time, you're words are picked poorly
  • Keefster10 - December 21, 2010 8:25 p.m.

Great read. Read it all but the part about the humble indie bundle and crytek shocked me the most. Especially the indie bundle. Come on! 1 cent minimum, and you had to pirate it?!?!?! Heartless fiends. My theory is that the piraters were 10 year olds who couldn't use mommy's credit card, so they had to get it ilegally. And wow, pirated copies 20 to 1 with legit copies. Crazy. Thats exactly why I'm buying a ps3 as a replacement to my 360 and not a pc, I could of afforded a gaming pc but when I looked at the piracy, the way developers were porting games as an afterthought, tiny sales numbers... I just gave it up.
  • oryandymackie - December 21, 2010 8:24 p.m.

'...while retailers in Russia packaged it and put it on sale.' MUST. RESIST.
  • FnKaiser - December 21, 2010 8:21 p.m.

I still want Half Life 2: Episode 3 NOW. Also, I love steam for the great deals going on now, just sayin'
  • wampastompa - December 21, 2010 8:21 p.m.

I fucking HATE self-entitled gamers, or basically anyone who claims to operate with a higher moral sense. The minecraft hacker is a perfect example. You're not proving a point, you're proving you're a dick. Those people should be beaten with a rubber hose :-D
  • Pytor - December 21, 2010 8:18 p.m.

Great read. Yes, it does suck to be a PC gamer these days and I do not see things getting better for quite some time :(
  • NightAce84 - December 21, 2010 8:17 p.m.

^Agree 100%. The L4D2 boycott was actually one of the reasons I bought the game. And boy I'm glad I did. I got a lot of fun out of that game. And I can't even talk to people who doubt Bethesda. Sure I'm a fanboy, but the only thing you could possibly have against their games is that they freeze too often, which is kind of expected when you create the biggest game worlds out there.
  • Japanaman - December 21, 2010 8:15 p.m.

$0.01? Forget Arby's! I'm thinking Humble Indie Bundle!
  • xboxwarriorx - December 21, 2010 8:13 p.m.

SECOND! oh sweet. x_x yeah, gd gd article, may read all the words (haha and look at the pictures, but i dont like to talk about that shhh) x_x for those in the knows, for great content, the numbers 360
  • db1331 - December 21, 2010 8:08 p.m.

The L4D2 boycott was so hilarious. It accomplished nothing. Valve basically gave the guys an out so they could try to save a little face. That whole post about how they accomplished their mission was impossible to read without cracking up.