• Lionzest7 - December 21, 2010 11:34 p.m.

Personally I always thought that there are always a few bad eggs out of all people. Those L4D2 guys likely are just a group of people who joined on the internet and decided to create h8. Piracy is bad though, even if those people weren't going to buy the game. When actual to bought is 1:19 then you know you're not making a real profit. I can see why though, now developers don't care as much about PC gaming as they did before, it's too easy to pirate and steal. Some companies likely release their PC versions late not just to sell console exclusive, but to forego the original pirating process for at least 6 months.
  • ShirowShirow - December 21, 2010 11:14 p.m.

Ragnarock online should be on there. I never played it, but when it went out of beta and players where suddenly expected to actually pay money for the game they loved hackers invaded and completely destroyed the game, forcing the developers to start from the ground up. Dicks.
  • thearcani - December 21, 2010 11 p.m.

Great read. Hopefully platforms like steam and impulse will help against the tide of piracy and bring back PC gaming!
  • wicko - December 21, 2010 10:57 p.m.

@Pwns4you Did you call me a PS3 fanboy? lol
  • Ironarm - December 21, 2010 10:52 p.m.

I love Valve's games. They've given me some of my favorite times with friends via L4D 1 and 2, and also gave me Half-Life 2 which is my favorite game ever. But I cannot stand Gabe Newell. I really, really, really cannot stand him.
  • celticsfan645 - December 21, 2010 10:36 p.m.

@xboxwarriorx Dude, you really need to learn how to spell. SPEEK But otherwise I agree. The 360 is the gentlemans number
  • ViolentLee - December 21, 2010 10:33 p.m.

Being a responsible consumer is something too few people are cognizant of -- which is a shame. Entitlement issues with gamers, on the other hand, is a massive problem. Great article, GR!
  • FriendlyFire - December 21, 2010 10:21 p.m.

With Steam now omnipresent, there is absolutely no reason to pirate games anymore. Before, I could've understood; you're a poor little boy with only pocket change and there are ten or twenty good games that you want and they're all $40 or more. You buy one or two, with luck, and pirate the rest. But now? You can get all of them and still have some money left for a coffee. I've picked up like 10 games for 10 bucks in the past few weeks... Still hesitating on the Humble Indie Bundle, but that's mainly because I'm not too attracted by the games.
  • Th3Joker - December 21, 2010 10:18 p.m.

@crashmanx please don't feed the trolls =)
  • Pwns4you - December 21, 2010 10:12 p.m.

@wicko you are partly right, pirating on the ds is completely out of control, however as a pc gamer myself I will say that pirating takes a lot out of developers and makes them very paranoid about things they release on pc, and the amount of console games pirated has definitely not exceeded the amount of games pirated on pc. Those words hilarious coming from someone who I'm guessing is a ps3 fanboy
  • kor2disturbed - December 21, 2010 10 p.m.

When developers switched to consoles so did I.
  • MassSaber - December 21, 2010 9:53 p.m.

This whole article describes humanity in a nut shell only a species who casually destroys their own planet could ruin things we purport to love. Damm we can be such dicks somtimes
  • EwoksTasteLikeChicken - December 21, 2010 9:51 p.m.

Wow that's pretty funny. I do feel bad for PC gamers though. Even though I'm not one, that sucks that everything is moving to consoles.
  • infernox - December 21, 2010 9:43 p.m.

i dont pirate, i just wait for the steam sales xD. i started pc gaming a few years ago, after its heyday so i cant see why people say its dead, its awesome.
  • CrashmanX - December 21, 2010 9:39 p.m.

@xboxwarriorx The hell? Could your own English be any worse? You need to learn to speak english better before jumping to conclusions, also the little x_x face really ain't helping. Anyways as far as the article goes, I have to agree with the Piracy part. Sadly we are killing ourselves, I myself will even admit to a spot of it here and there. I will not lie, I bought Fallout 3 but not New Vegas. I still enjoy New Vegas though, and it still does just feel like an expansion pack.
  • Higgins - December 21, 2010 9:33 p.m.

Fallout 3 wasn't awesome. New Vegas is.
  • bitchassafriBLAMamericANTISTA - December 21, 2010 9:24 p.m.

i can't see how anyone can justify stealing a game. if you love video games then fucking support them. maybe if i lived inside the internet and believed everything anyone makes is mine then i would understand.
  • lukel - December 21, 2010 9:23 p.m.

So not a top 7? There are 7 entries you know... reCaptcha: Flamock you. No, Flamock YOU!
  • xboxwarriorx - December 21, 2010 9:17 p.m.

@ hank x_x watch yourself little chump, i'll bust you're dome all up x_x for the classy gentleman, the numbers 360
  • wicko - December 21, 2010 9:07 p.m.

"The numbers don't lie. It's the pirates who are to blame." Oh fuck off. I'm sure it didn't have anything to do with larger market on console, or simplicity of hardware configs that don't change overtime. Nah, it's gotta be piracy. There is no backing for these "piracy" numbers, so until then I'll take those numbers with a grain of salt. I wouldn't be surprised if piracy is just as high on consoles/handhelds, if not exceeded by now.