Topics

Nintendo Wii U

• NanoElite666 - April 3, 2012 9:38 a.m.

But will it blend...?
  • Squander - April 3, 2012 9:35 a.m.

I believe it only when I see it myself - furthermore I can hardly imagine that the WiiU will be "weaker" than a current gen console, that just sounds wrong.
  • ultimatepunchrod - April 3, 2012 9:29 a.m.

Well, I think it would be ridiculous if this was true. The tech behind 360 and PS3 isn't cheap, but I'd have to think that Nintendo could still manufacture something of comparable power and still turn a profit. Also, I don't think Nintendo's market (casual OR core) want to play MMOs, so while that option may be valid for the devs, they should also think about their market.
  • monkeywolf - April 3, 2012 9:47 a.m.

Actually the stuff inside the 360 is pretty cheap (not sure about the PS3) now and days. You have to remember that stuff is 6 years old and tech moves extremely fast. What's cutting edge for one month is dethroned the next. So I would be pretty shocked if any of that stuff is still all that expensive, hell even Blu-rays are about 100 bucks now on the low end. That's one thing people seem to forget, it's taken developers 6 years to actually get the graphics looking as good as they do, then nintendo's console can do those same graphics before it's even released? That's pretty amazing.
  • J-Fid - April 3, 2012 9:26 a.m.

I'm just waiting for official news from Nintendo at E3.
  • shawksta - April 3, 2012 8:59 a.m.

Agreed, Nintendo needs to post just something to put all rumors to sleep or something to get ready for E3, too many random rumors popping up not just for Wii U but for Sony and Microsoft aswell thats either random praise or random criticism, and some that are just plain random. The soon the REAL info gets out the better.
  • ppopopp - April 3, 2012 8:56 a.m.

What a bummer! Doesn't Nintendo know that they will lose out if they don't release a more powerful console than 6 year old technology? For shame Nintendo!