We Recommend

• jedisamurai - August 1, 2013 6:35 p.m.

My two cents: I bought a DS because it played Gameboy Advance games too. I bought a Wii because it played gamecube games too. Wii U doesn't support Gamecube. 3DS doesn't play GBA. I will not buy a 3DS or Wii U because I don't want to own another system unless I can get rid of one. I won't buy a PS4 or Xbox One for the same reason. Backward compatibility with the 300+ games I already own or take a hike.
  • Vonter - August 7, 2013 3:52 p.m.

3DS plays perfectly DS games and some are much better than the gameboy advance ones 3 excellente castlevania titles come to mind. Wii U can play Wii games an scale them for your TV (or so I hear), pointer controls IMO feel more natural if you like shooters, Xenoblade Chronicles I think is the best JRPG of the last generation, niche games unique to the system are memorable like No More Heroes (has Tarantino influences), Fragile (for people that like "different gaming experiences"), etc. So in the end you get two libraries instead of one (PS4 will do the same but until seeing it I will not mention it).
  • jedisamurai - August 7, 2013 4:42 p.m.

Don't get me wrong, it's lovely that you can play Wii games on a Wii U and DS games on 3DS. But do you honestly want to someday own a Wii, Wii U, Wii U2, DS, 3DS, and 4DS? Nintendo wants you to go one generation back and throw away everything before that. It's a gold mine for them to keep you on the upgrade treadmill. I for one refuse to buy the next gen and abandon the last gen just to make Nintendo rich. I stand by my argument. If I can't buy the cheaper games of the previous generation and run them on current hardware, the hardware has to offer something spectacular. Wii U and 3DS thus far seem to have nothing more than gimmickry and HD/3D retreads of games I already own and have no intention of buying again.
  • Redzaku - December 14, 2013 7:16 p.m.

I'm 70 hours deep into Xenoblade. almost done i believe. =D
  • lenny-boogie-butt-harris - February 5, 2014 12:46 a.m.

That's because you're going back 2 generations you DUMMY 3DS plays DS games and Wii U plays Wii games! Stop trying to troll....you suck at it!
  • tehtimeisnow - August 1, 2013 3:33 p.m.

give it up nitedno your done for u cant comptete with the ipad. its a way more better talblet and it has beter ganes that only cost a doller and beter grafics. if nitedno wants 2 stay in buziness they need 2 start makeing ipad games
  • VrginX01 - August 2, 2013 1:53 a.m.

Ignorance is true bliss even amongst trolls... Prove to me that some $1 iPad game that's better than games like The Wonderful 101, Zelda: Wind Waker HD, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros Wii U, Bayonetta 2, or X, I'll give up my pursuit of getting a Wii U. No? Okay than. Go back to whatever lamestream game your playing with your 14 year old teammates, and never post in the Wii U section again, son...
  • tehtimeisnow - August 2, 2013 4:23 a.m.

got infenety blade 2 for free on ipohne its way more beter then any wiiu gane u can by cuz the grafics r amazeing
  • RandyBobandy - August 2, 2013 4:37 a.m.

I hope you're just trolling.
  • lenny-boogie-butt-harris - February 5, 2014 12:49 a.m.

You're spelling is disrespectful to education as a whole!
  • lenny-boogie-butt-harris - February 5, 2014 12:48 a.m.

Give up trolling you sound very uneducated and misinformed!
  • shawksta - August 1, 2013 3:14 p.m.

Yeah pretty much. As I said, the Wii U has something coming for it these next months, if Nintendo drops the price for the fall, then bam. Either way, Nintendo's pride will still keep it up, and both Wii and GC showed, it has a unique.library.
  • Elitepwnsface - August 1, 2013 2:22 p.m.

I got excited thinking gamecube came to Wii U.
  • Errrrbo - August 1, 2013 1:53 p.m.

The Wii U wishes it was the Gamecube.
  • Redeater - August 1, 2013 1:35 p.m.

Ultimately the Wii U is going to be profitable (if it hasn't been already, 1 console+game=profit) so Nintendo really doesn't have anything to worry about. The thing I'm most upset about is that it's more likely than not that companies are going to shy away from the gamepad. That's a real shame since it feels like the first true next gen controller. (MS and Sony are doing nothing to change my opinion) People have to remember that Nintendo has crazy long shelf value. I just saw that bucket of shit "Mario 64 DS" selling for $40 at Best Buy. These are the games that continually sell at the initial price for years and years after release.
  • Cyberninja - August 1, 2013 1:13 p.m.

I can see Wiiu being second but not third because people will have to be crazy die hard fanboys to support Xbox One
  • TheMariner - August 1, 2013 2:21 p.m.

I don't know about that. The Xbone is really no different from the PS4 ever since all those policies announced at E3 were removed.
  • Tidus0203 - August 1, 2013 4:18 p.m.

the same could be said about the wiiu. your comment was ignorant, and i see the xbox one doing much better then the ps4 for what it has to offer.
  • Charlsmander - August 2, 2013 5:53 a.m.

I could definitely see the WiiU as a secondary console, one that both PS4 and XBone owners (true gamers) would buy just to play the other awesome libray the WiiU has to offer.
  • lenny-boogie-butt-harris - February 5, 2014 12:52 a.m.

WTF do you mean true gamers. You totally lost credibility with that! Like "oh you MUST own ms/ps" Boy SIT DOWN!
  • TokenGamesRadarFurry - August 1, 2013 1:09 p.m.

I bought myself a WiiU, and its a nice piece of hardware all things considered...but goddamn, there is nothing to play on it. As mentioned, the number of games you'd actually want to play seems to be shaping up in a few months time, but still...just wish Nintendo would stop making such crappy launch lineups.
  • Vonter - August 7, 2013 3:55 p.m.

PS3 launch says hi from 2006.