• RonnyLive19881 - September 20, 2012 2:31 p.m.

"It isn't, because... The launch line-up isn't THAT good" Quit reading after this... troll harder. I actually refrained myself from playing Arkham City and ME3 just for the Wii U releases and saying Mario U is going to suck is just plain trolling. Yall claim to have played both ZombiU and NSMBU and liked them so how can you possibly make that a category... also Pikmin 3 and the Wonderful 101(I think that is the name)... that is all.
  • somerandomchap - September 20, 2012 3:55 p.m.

Yes congratulations you found out, this article was made to troll people. Instead of them stating rational reasons why they think the line up might be a let down they just decided to troll everyone with inflammatory statements. Though for me the line up is holding me back from getting it, the multi platform games i have either played or not interested, i stopped caring about mario once he went 3d so zombiU is really the only game i am slightly interested in.
  • Turtman - September 20, 2012 5:20 p.m.

That actually just makes you a loser. Plain and simple.
  • alexandre-bret - September 20, 2012 2:23 p.m.

I hooked up Gameboy player adapter on my Gamecube. Now the Wii is completely useless.
  • Cyberninja - September 20, 2012 2:20 p.m.

I will get mine as soon as humanly possible because me getting a wiiu has nothing to do with my purchase of the ps4, I have decided I will get both Sony and Nintendo products when they are affordable.
  • avedon-arcade - September 20, 2012 2:15 p.m.

Having played the Wii U and many of it's games, I can say it's definitely the strongest Nintendo's been in a while. Project P-100 or whatever it's being called now was a standout for me as was ZombiU. But I'm definitely going to wait it out and see what else they'll come up with. I personally didn't really like that I couldn't dig my fingers all the way into the Gamepad like you can with a N64, Xbox, PS3 controllers and I wondered how long I'd actually be able to play. I'm definitely going to sit this one out, like I have with most of the past few systems and just see what other offers they can entice me with once it's launch craze has run it's course.
  • Burdmayn - September 20, 2012 2:12 p.m.

I preordered my 32GB console the day they announced the release date and I can't wait to pick it up. If the preorders are anything to go by, the Wii-U might well be sold out for at least this holiday season. For me, I just can't resist the lure of a new Nintendo system. There are a bunch of games I want ASAP like Rayman Legends and Pikmin 3 that I just can't resist. Besides that, It'll give me a reason to play my favorite Wii games again (like Skyward Sword) while I wait for the new Zelda and what not.
  • Godzillarex - September 20, 2012 1:49 p.m.

No. No new Smash Bros. at launch. It's as simple as that really :)
  • robotdickens - September 20, 2012 1:30 p.m.

If they do what they did with the 3DS then totally. Yes the PS3 was vastly overpriced launch day and it was so high it actually went down 50%. The 3DS was over priced (debatable) and the price drop was significant. The only difference is that Nintendo actually realized the people who bought it on launch day might be peeved so they offered free games to all those who bought the first launch systems, rather than Sony doing jack-shit about their consumers they f-ed over. I am definitely going to buy it launch day because even if they do lower the price, Nintendo has the smarts and class to admit a mistake and reward those unfortunate enough to have been involved in that mistake.
  • A000 - September 20, 2012 1:30 p.m.

Could we at least get the facts right about the console? The 'Basic' system has 8GB of storage. Not 16GB. I've got the 'Premium' system preordered. Along with NSMBU and ZombiU. It's quite clearly going to be awesome. I've never actually seen such a strong lineup of games for any system. The Wii U has the most launch day/window games I want than any other system ever. NSMBU, ZombiU, NintendoLand, Scribblenauts Unlimited, Lego City Undercover, Aliens: Colonial Marines, Game & Wario, Pikmin 3 (is it in the launch window?), Nano Assault Neo. Admittedly, the 'launch window' seems to be far too long, and some of those games are a long way off. So lets say instead that the Wii U has the most 'announced' games I'm looking forward to than any other system. Plus there are a few ports like Assassins Creed 3, Darksiders 2, 007 Legends and that fucking CoD game that just makes me weep. I imagine those will sell well too. Wii U is looking pretty great to me.
  • BladedFalcon - September 20, 2012 2:12 p.m.

"I've never actually seen such a strong lineup of games for any system. The Wii U has the most launch day/window games I want than any other system ever. " Fanboy much? either you're too ignorant, or too young to know any better. Anyone that is aware or remembers that launch line-up for the SNES or the Dreamcast can tell you that those were far, far better in comparison. If nothing else because most of the games those system had at launch were, in fact, ALL new games made for the console in mind, not like the Wii U which 70% of it's launch catalog are games that you can already play or will be able to play at the same time on other consoles.
  • A000 - September 20, 2012 2:36 p.m.

I'll admit to a bit of Nintendo bias. I do love them so. But fanboy would be an exaggeration I think. I have owned every system from every company since the NES. I did have a SNES, but I was a child at the time. I can't remember the launch lineup. And I wasn't really all that aware of the launch itself. I had a great many games for that system, but I honestly can't remember the lineup for it. I started caring about new console launches at round about the PS1. Thats when I was old enough to know there was a new system coming out and what the launch games were, and I had my own money to afford them. Dreamcast wise. Bought that on launch day. Fantastic system. I remember a decent launch lineup. But from the launch lineup I only wanted Sonic Adventure and Trickstyle. Both of which I enjoyed. Also ChuChu Rocket as a freebie was nice. I doubt the true ratio of ports to new titles for the Wii U is 70%, but I'll trust that you weren't just making that up for effect... If you can show me an existing console that has NSMBU, ZombiU, Scribblenauts Unlimited and Lego City Undercover then I'll be more than happy to consider purchasing that system instead. And I don't mean games that are similar like previous 2D mario games or previous scribblenauts games, I mean those exact titles. The Wii U has the most launch day/window games I've ever wanted. And I'm surprised by that in all honestly. But thats how it is.
  • talleyXIV - September 20, 2012 3:11 p.m.

Isn't every consoles launch like that though? Why is such a bad thing that they are porting games? People are finally going to be able to play AAA games on a Wii, it is actually kind of exciting for people who have souls. Maybe 70% of their games are ports that are sure to be great, but the other 30% is pretty good too. Go ahead and tell me that Zombi U, Pikmin 3, Super Mario Bros. U, Rayman Legends, Nintendo Land, Scribblenauts Unlimited, Epic Mickey 2, or The Wonderful 100 are going to be terrible pieces of garbage. 8 huge games (Not even counting ports or any other game that I have not heard of) that prove to be great at launch, to quote Maximus from Gladiator, "Are you not entertained?" By the way, quit calling people fanboys. It is possible to be excited for a new console that isn't made by Microsoft or Sony without being one.
  • BladedFalcon - September 20, 2012 4:16 p.m.

if you're going to call anything that hasn't even come out "THE BEST THING EVAR" you deserve to be called a fanboy, no matter the product you're rooting for, simple as that. Secondly, "7 Huge games" (I took Epic Mickey 2 out because that's not a Wii U exclusive.) is a very bold statement, you're saying it as if every single one of those IPs were blockbusters, and they simply aren't. I'm not saying they can't be good, and I want to think most of them WILL be good, but I seriously any of them will leave the kind of mark that Super Mario World, FF IV or Soul Calibur left back when they were released. So, all in all, I can say that it IS a decent launch line-up, but in MY personal opinion, it could definitely be better. If nothing else because, let's face it, none of these games is on par with the clout of even previous Nintendo launch titles like Super Smash bross melee or Wii Sports (And no, I do not think for a second that Nintendo Land will be nearly as good or as important as wii sports.)
  • talleyXIV - September 26, 2012 2:19 p.m.

Once again bringing up old consoles. They can't just put games like Super Mario World in the box anymore, not a very good business model. Consoles just don't have big spectacular games at launch anymore but this one has several great games which I think is pretty nice. Instead of that one huge game everyone plays, they have multiple choices they please everyone... or most people that like video games...
  • BladedFalcon - September 26, 2012 3:46 p.m.

I'm just bothering to reply because I find your "or most people that like video games..." argument pathetic and hillarious. As if you were some kind of all knowing being who knew what absolutely people liked and didn't like... Which, considering you're obviously not very knowledgeable of older generations of games to begin with, is obviously not nearly the case. In fact, feel free to deny this as much as you want, but I'm gonna go ahead and venture that you're not even 20 years old, and never even played the SNES or anything prior. If so... buddy, you're honestly missing out, which is something that anyone who TRULY love games overall (And aren't just a closed minded zombie fanboy of a single brand...) will tell you.
  • Juicyfruit - September 21, 2012 4:11 p.m.

Aren't opinions great? Guess you have to be "ignorant" or a fanboy, or "too young" if you don't agree
  • BladedFalcon - September 21, 2012 4:23 p.m.

I love how people pull the "OMG why can't everyone just have their own opinion" card nowadays instead of coming up with actual valid, intelligent arguments. And sorry, but you can't even defend the above posts as "opinions" when they were clearly stated as if they were facts, thus inciting people to actually disagree with them if they don't consider them to be true. Any political correctness goes right out of the window when that happens.
  • Redeater - September 20, 2012 2:26 p.m.

I like Scribblenauts but not enough to purchase an entire system to play it. NSMBU? Good god I hated the Wii NSMB. If they had Mario Galaxy 3 or a 2D Mario game that rivaled SMB3 or SMBW this would be an instant buy for me. Like I said, I'll see how bored I am when deciding to purchase it.
  • bluigi - September 20, 2012 1:21 p.m.

Correction on page 3: "(16GB and 32GB, respectively)." It should be "(8GB and 32GB, respectively)."
  • Redeater - September 20, 2012 1:07 p.m.

If I buy one at launch it will be because I might be bored at the time and it will be an impulsive thing. One thing I'm sure I won't have to worry about is shitty launch consoles. Say what you will about Nintendo but I went through 3 360s and avoided buying a PS3 until this year. From what I hear a lot of early PS3s are getting that yellow system death light. My Wii? Still in mint condition.