• Unreal_III - February 2, 2014 12:06 p.m.

"Call me biased if you like--I’m sure some will", Oh Yes you are!!!
  • Ericovm - February 2, 2014 10:34 a.m.

The first console to $350 is going to be the one I purchase.
  • FeloniousMax - February 2, 2014 9:03 a.m.

The Titanfall bundle is a common practice that is employed by all console manufacturers (Black Zelda 3DS, R2-D2 Xbox 360, FFXIII PS3), when are they supposed to release that, if not at the launch of the game? As to the white one and the rumored discless 1TB model, those you may be on point with.
  • Torack - February 2, 2014 2:17 a.m.

They can paint it gun metal blue & it would STILL look like a 1978 vcr!
  • matthew-stoddard - February 1, 2014 7:01 p.m.

WTF!!! I would of bought the White one...it looks sick mostly white with black sides...and damn, I'm going to HAVE to buy the Titanfall one...there goes more money to video games...
  • retro62 - February 1, 2014 8:17 a.m.

I think the winner will be XBOX ONE in the long run, i am no fan boy by all means and have my theory, the Kinect comes as standard with the XB1 so developers will know that any elements of kinect they put into there games 100% of XB1 can use the features, long term this will be great when they know how to make the most of it and it will knock ps4 out of the park, Why you ask - because the ps camera is separate and out of 100 consoles sold i recon about 10% of them buy the camera, this will give developers a hard thing to market games with ground breaking camera features as they can only target 10% of the market, again these are just my thoughts!!!!
  • daniel-linger - February 1, 2014 1:22 p.m.

You're making a fundamental flaw of judgement - well, actually a contradiction there. You know the reason why so few people buy the PS camera option? Because, unsurprisingly, so few are interested in it. Why? Because it offers almost zero gameplay value. Which is precisely the same for Kinect. Yes, it does some very pretty tricks for lazy TV control et al, but that wears thin VERY quickly. Both the Kinect and PS cameras have had a couple of years at least to back up their claims that they could support TRUE gaming, and they just haven't, EVERYTHING they've offered is either a gimmick or just does not work. So, your answer was staring you in the face all along - The Xbox One might succeed in the long run, but it will NOT be down to what you claim; Kinect features, because as already stated, so few people buy them for such purposes. This is one very fundamental reason why people aren't buying Xbox Ones NOW - who wants to spend £100 more on a console that contains an extra item that is all but useless? I guarantee if MS released a Kinect-less console cheaper, sales would increase. In any case, your logic is flawed and contradictory - had to point that out.
  • Wisdomcube2000 - February 1, 2014 11:09 p.m.

I actually enjoyed the Kinect added features on the x1...And I'm really looking forward to seeing what the Devs can do with it now that they know that everyone will have one. That said, I can see it definitely being a selling point if it starts picking up steam later down the road. Also saying that Camera tech offers zero gameplay value, is a bit too far (Especially this early in this next gen). Just because you don't see the value in it, doesn't make it worthless.
  • daniel-linger - February 8, 2014 8:39 p.m.

The point is that it DOESN'T offer gameplay value. It's not early at all, because it has already been out for some time on their last console - it had ample opportunity to show us what could be done, and all that surfaced are very simple audio controls, and a few shovelware games. The only "serious" games that tended to utlise the Kinect did so by shoe-horning some daft premise in which could easily be done better by mapping it to the gamepad. So I'm sorry, but you're wrong. It has had plenty of time to flex it's muscles and it has failed. If you like what it does, fine, I'm not taking that away from you. All I'm saying is that from a gaming viewpoint it in no way justifies it's inclusion, let alone the additional price tag. As a disabled gamer (note that 20% of ALL gamers have some sort of disability that affects their gameplay), most of us CANNOT use them, even if they did work properly. The gamepad has nothing to worry about yet.
  • FeloniousMax - February 2, 2014 9:06 a.m.

That said, those great features included on Xbox One's version of a game could be readily ported to the PS4 version for those that do have the camera. So, the Kinect could, in essence, help Sony move it's camera.
  • ZombieNightOwl - January 31, 2014 4:11 p.m.

Ithink the only thing hurting the One, is the price. After hard core gor Xbox fans buy it your left with a big consumer base of middle income to lower income. I bought a PS4 because it was cheaper! If Xbox One would have been the same price, I would have probably bought it first. Once it drops $100 bucks to match PS4, I will probably buy it. Your General Consumer see's PS4 and One as the same thing, and will buy the cheaper one.
  • NintendoDragon - February 2, 2014 3:33 a.m.

I hear they are coming out with a version that doesn't include a disk drive and it will be one hundred dollars cheaper. I think it's a genius move on Microsoft because they won't have to pay Sony to use the Blue-ray tech and on top of that when the inevitable 1T system launches they can sell it for 50 to 100 bucks more expensive bringing it right back up to the original price and making the 1T system with a disk drive more expensive than the standard 500 dollar system. In other words doing that will make the normal system seem somewhat appealing and they will sell systems like hotcakes if it is near the price of a Playstation 4 thus making everything more and more competitive.
  • Eightboll812 - February 2, 2014 11:26 a.m.

So how will I plug in my TV set top box AND my Blu-ray player into the X1? Since it is supposed to be my all-in-one media center I find it silly to make consumers choose between TV and their Blu-ray library. It may make "sense" to MS to not pay royalties to Sony, but to consumers, it makes no sense, given the "media" angle they kept telling us the Xbone was supposed to excel at. Also as a gamer, are you really looking forward to not being able to get any deals on games, when you can only get them through MS' digital store? And then having to wait a day for it to download a 50GB game? You need data, well, I can get Forza 5 from Amazon for $49, right now. The MS store? You can probably guess, but yeah, $59. Again, yeah, if you are MS, and you can get people to buy it, it's "genius". If you are a consumer, you don't mind being shackled to buying games through one "store" for the life of the console, don't mind not being able to play movies on it other than digital movies you get from that console manufacturer, and don't mind paying xbox live fees just to access other digital subscriptions you already pay for, then yeah, I can't help you like pissing away money. But I don't call that a good deal for consumers. Good for MS, but I'm not here to make buying decisions that only benefit them and don't benefit me.
  • NintendoDragon - February 2, 2014 1:02 p.m.

Well I get where you're coming from and I am saying it's a genius move because the general consumer will be like oh my god it's the same price as a PS4 without the disk drive let me buy that one instead. I am fully aware of the games costing more as a digital download I don't really agree I believe the digital download should always be cheaper because it barely cost them anything to put on the market. Like a physical copy actually has to be manufactured. Right now digital downloads are only starting to become big I think they are looking more into the future of gaming when it comes to digital downloads. And I think I heard Microsoft was going to start changing the prices of Digital games soon as in they are going to start putting different prices up they just don't know how to price them yet. Personally I think a new digital game should cost at most 35 to 40 it's more appealing and it'd probably help with sales. I also don't like the fact that Microsoft is trying to market a multimedia device.
  • Eightboll812 - February 2, 2014 3:04 p.m.

I get what you are saying, but in practice digital often doesn't result in lower prices. There are two scenarios for digital. Digital on an open platform and digital on a closed platform. When open, you have competition for digital content, and prices reflect that competition. So you end up with prices that are in line with the actual costs of the actual content, meaning the savings gets passed along to the consumer. For example, Steam.... the PC being open and not locked to one source means you have healthy competition and good prices from places like Steam and GOG. When closed, there's no incentive to provide better pricing. You are locked into one source, and you are essentially locked to that source for life if you want to continue to use your content. If you want this "book" on your Nook, you pay this one price. There's no alternate seller, so you either want it for that price or you don't and your only option is to wait for it to go down if it ever does. The day MS releases alternate pricing for digital (when they've already said that a Xbone game should MSRP at $59), I'll take a moment to praise them for it. But until then, I've never seen MS offer any deal they don't have to, and on their closed system, they don't have to. The person who took over for Mattrick said "maximum value to shareholders" in her statement. That means taking every penny people are willing to spend, not offering deals they don't have to offer. So I highly, HIGHLY doubt the digital console will be coupled with better pricing. I may be wrong, but I don't think I will be proved wrong on this point.
  • NintendoDragon - February 2, 2014 3:24 p.m.

Maybe a little down the line it will begin to improve who knows. I guess I'm just an optimist. Microsoft is most obviously the one game company that wants money and money only I can honestly see it with them advertising tv options and all that stuff no true gamer really cares about. Releasing the Xbox One when it clearly needed a little more time wasn't a great idea either I mean I bought it day one but I feel like it was unfinished and if they would have waited till march like the article says yes it would have been a lot better and games like Battlefield been a bit more complete. People forget it's hard to develop on new consoles but either way it's getting a lot better and it has a bright future. Hopefully we get to see some new IP's at E3. I think this years E3 is going to really prove who is in it for the people who actually play video games because I swear I hate sitting through their things and hearing a thousand things about what the xbox can do with tv. Casual consumers ruin everything.
  • theguyinthecloset - January 31, 2014 3:36 p.m.

There has been special console skins in bundle with the big hit games for long time (halo comes to mind) or just star wars... also is the white one was the one they gave to the develepors of the console, which they did since the original Xbox but the white one was so beautiful and it was actually shown on the internet this time that everyone was like "I like so much in white, can you guys make it happen?" also isn't this all unofficial leaks? we're not even sure this is real.
  • Subgenre - January 31, 2014 12:44 p.m.

Companies have made alternate colored consoles and special edition consoles forever now. What's your point?
  • FoxdenRacing - January 31, 2014 3:34 p.m.

The thing that makes it noteworthy is that the system has been on the market barely 2 months, and already they're talking changing it up.
  • twhiting9275 - January 31, 2014 7:19 p.m.

That's not news by any means, and it's a GOOD thing. This shows that they are listening and fixing the issues that have come up with rev1