• cwil - December 12, 2013 3:09 p.m.

Super Mario 3D World must win or I lose faith in humanity!
  • Child Of Death - December 12, 2013 3:17 p.m.

Sorry but I picked Tomb Raider :)
  • cwil - December 12, 2013 3:19 p.m.

QQ
  • ncurry2 - December 12, 2013 3:24 p.m.

Couldn't agree me. TR was pretty fun too but man, that Mario game was just pure bliss. And I was blown away by the multiplayer, especially after having such low expectations after the 2d Mario games' crappy multiplayer. I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard whilst gaming. And it wasn't just stupid cheap laughs, the competitiveness there over trying to get/keep the crown was very intense. Just pure gaming fun all around, that game.
  • freeden - December 12, 2013 3:48 p.m.

I'll vote for Nintendo when they stop making stuff that makes me yawn, aka giving us something new.
  • talleyXIV - December 12, 2013 4:40 p.m.

Oh screw off. Play Super Mario 3D World and try not to have fun. If you stabbed yourself with a needle while playing it you couldn't keep yourself from smiling. Quit being biased, why is it so hard to accept that another company besides your beloved (Sony or Microsoft) is making really good games.
  • freeden - December 12, 2013 6:43 p.m.

I've seen enough video of it to know I'd have fun for about 10 minutes. Sorry, but another variation on a game we've been getting for over 20 years doesn't cut it for me anymore. The only bias I have is against the sore lack of originality that Nintendo has been practicing year after year.
  • ncurry2 - December 13, 2013 5:44 a.m.

Trolol. Ok, go back to your "insert generic shooter" that has seen countless releases this generation and is so similar to "other generic shooter" and keep telling yourself that Mario is the same game as it was 30 years ago without playing one for the last 15. Consider that each console has gotten one to two actual Mario games since then compared to most franchises that get one or two releases a year. Then compare Mario 3d world to galaxy, and galaxy to sunshine, and sunshine to Mario 64, and Mario 64 to Mario world, and Mario world to super Mario 3, and super Mario 3 to super Mario. The evolution in gameplay is so obvious but idiots like you see the mustache and a jump button and say, op it's the same thing as before. Instead of actually experiencing it and making a decision, I'll just assume I'm right and complain about it, despite not actually knowing anything about it but pretending do.
  • freeden - December 13, 2013 8:55 a.m.

Nice assumptions that I actually enjoy whatever generic shooter you're referring to. As I said, I've seen enough of it to know that I would be bored with it. But hey, if you're satisfied with Nintendo feeding off their flagship franchises instead of making new IP's, then by all means, continue buying Mario and Zelda games. It obviously works. I actually wouldn't really mind Nintendo feeding off their franchises so much if they did have new IP's coming out, but they live off of Mario and their other franchises. It's practically all they've got. I'm not the least bit interested in the nth iteration of the same characters in games that have essentially no, or very minimal, story. It's one thing if it's characters who actually have an evolving story to tell with deep character development, but we essentially get the same characters, being the same characters every game, with changes to gameplay. Which seem to be enough for the Nintendo faithful. Like I said, it works, obviously, but the fact that it works simply tell Nintendo they really don't have to try anything new.