• Assassin297 - October 18, 2008 4:15 p.m.

One of the things I enjoyed about the first Bioshock is that you really had no clue who you're character was. If I remember correctly, He only spoke once and you never saw his face or learned his name. It gave you a feeling that the player themselves were the protagonist. I think it's wrong to assume that just because the grown up Little Sister is in the trailer that means she's the character you play. There were tons of Little Sisters and I can't see why any one of them would have some sort of special powers the rest don't. I think if anything, the girl may be the last remaining Little Sister that everyone wants for themselves, and your character is trying to protect her during the war that the first game's bad ending put into motion.
  • smallberry - October 18, 2008 4:08 p.m.

maedene - "What if they WANTED us to discuss theories about the new story, so they can create the stories from OUR ideas?" Sweet! Then maybe there is still hope for my Rapture in the 80s idea. Big Daddy with a flock of seagulls!
  • KEEPFROMFREEZIN - October 18, 2008 12:56 p.m.

40th bitches
  • maedene - October 18, 2008 2:54 a.m.

what if the creators of Bioshock havent even created the Bioshock 2 story yet? What if they made this teaser for GamesRadar and other websites to find? What if they WANTED us to discuss theories about the new story, so they can create the stories from OUR ideas? Think about it. Screw you, 2K! You won't get any ideas out of me, HAHAHAHA!
  • benefacio - October 17, 2008 10:46 p.m.

I think it is a sequel and the plot is to find a daughter of one of the saved little sisters that went back on her own. Remember, all the saved sisters were married at the end AND present at your death. To have any adventures in the middle would be difficult because the ending would have to be rigged. Make it an over-inquisitive daughter though and you get disaster waiting to happen.
  • Avsareone - October 17, 2008 10:44 p.m.

Well the Barnacles point that the sign has been there for awhile, so I am saying that it is a sequel.
  • RadarQJD - October 17, 2008 10:30 p.m.

I hate Prequal games......Bioshock 2, followed by a Bioshock Prequal! GAH! Screw that, i wanna know if the bad ending was true!
  • NullG7 - October 17, 2008 8:05 p.m.

2) Going on the prequil posibility this may be a rememberance of the war talked of on the audio tapes and you are a soilder chosing your path betwene the good and the evil
  • RCTrucker7 - October 17, 2008 4:25 p.m.

Just an afterthought to my prev post; If it were correct, then you could read that as an indication of Bioshock 2 being a prequel. That the sand buildings being already built and then shown being torn down as you get closer to the Little Sister, could be seen as showing Rapture in its hayday then the closer you get to the Little Sister, (both literally, as the camera zooms in on her, and figuratively, in that they became both a cause of, and the result of the fall of Rapture) the more torn down Rapture becomes.
  • RCTrucker7 - October 17, 2008 3:36 p.m.

Charlie: So what was your very first thought upon watching this teaser trailer? Brett: First thought - this is a surviving Little Sister who wants to see Rapture rebuilt, and tries to do so on a beach, which is in between her lost childhood and the real world. Hence the long scenes of sand buildings growing as the camera rolls away, which imply to me that we're going to see a new city in that same style. I'm thinking a slightly different route on this. What if Brett's thinking is backwards? Literally. What if it's not showing the sand buildings growing as the camera pulls away from the Little Sister, but is actually showing the already created sand buildings being torn down\washed away, as the camera goes towards the Little Sister?
  • radicle94 - October 17, 2008 3:33 p.m.

I think it would be cool if the big daddys and sisters spread through out the world trying to recreate rapture
  • xMrGrey - October 17, 2008 2:26 p.m.

I like your idea smallberry, but you would think when you kill Ryan, that city would fall too. I think, be prepared, that the Little Sister was separated from the others and was taken to the surface, before Rapture went to hell. She might want to go back where she belongs. It would be hard to think about how you could put that into a 15 hours of gameplay, but it could happen I guess.
  • timp123 - October 17, 2008 7:18 a.m.

You play as a totally different person seeing as you die at the end of the good ending. You go back to unravel the truth behind rapture: A gay conspiracy theory related to the nazis. Hitler was Ryan's father teaching him about special camps where they tested on people leading to the descovery of ADAM. You then meet a man called Roonie. He says he is an archeoligist who is trying to uncover the rapture. He asks for your help, you do a few missions for him and accidentally activate rapture to surface. Roonie then reveals that he is Ryans son and that he is trying to rebuild rapture; but unlike Ryan, is trying to take over the world and restore Ryans name. You end up killing him and have the same choice as the first Bioshock.
  • smallberry - October 17, 2008 7:13 a.m.

Here's an idea. Andrew Ryan made another city that no one knew about. Possibly a sister city of Rapture where things worked out slightly differently. The barnacles suggest time has passed since the first game. A Rapture trapped in the 80s? I want to see a Big Daddy is a pastel suit and shoulder pads. That would be sweet. Killing splicers that are straight out of the Thriller video! A Dark City twist like Joe said would be awesome but highly unlikely. Seriously though, awesome features this week GamesRadar.
  • Jimmyjammy - October 17, 2008 7:08 a.m.

What's a BICHES?
  • Schizo - October 17, 2008 6:43 a.m.

HO-LY SHIT I don't care who you play as... it's Bioshock 2. No word describe my feelings at this moment except for... enraptured
  • HoraceQS - October 17, 2008 3:42 a.m.

I'm thinking more towards the "recreate Rapture" theory but I'm seeing it going towards darker places. Maybe the slightly older Little Sister is just insanely powerful and in her quest to recreate her idealized childhood memories maybe she partially flooded a large coastal city and populated it with things she remembers from Rapture. Big Daddies, etc. That would make for a very entertaining environment with opportunities for great set design and interaction. Also, it could set up another moral choice for the ending. Here is a little girl directly responsible for the destruction of an entire city and the deaths of tens of thousands, but it was an innocent act. Do you kill her? Someone hire me. Please.
  • Gotxxrock - October 17, 2008 3:11 a.m.

Even the notion of trying to guess the potential future of Bioshock's narrative seems heretical to me. The narrative is just one of the best even amongst the more "legitimate" forms of story-telling; I'd feel like a pedophile in a school playground if I tried to even dip my finger into the potential twists and developments of Bioshock. (Gotta love the wonderful "Crooner" soundtrack too)
  • Defguru7777 - October 17, 2008 3:10 a.m.

No offense, but all of those theories sound like bullshit.
  • TiredButStillAive - October 17, 2008 1:18 a.m.

My idea is that Rapture was a Failure. But it wasnt the FIRST!