We Recommend

• FierceVoltage - February 28, 2013 1:48 p.m.

Any clue on when we are getting this announcement?
  • Technodude - February 27, 2013 12:25 p.m.

If they want to impress anyone at all, for a start, they need to make sure they don't call it the Xbox 720. What a joke that would be! It makes no sense from an advertising point of view to call it that, let alone for giving it a decent name. 360 made sense, it implied "360 degrees in a circle, circles are whole, complete, therefore Xbox 360 is complete", the whole package, if you like. Xbox 720 is absolute nonsense in my opinion. Sorry, rant over, that bugs me a lot. Aside from that, I do think Xbox have a LOT of work to do to captivate the audience. Sure, they can come out with hardware that's just as good as the PS4's and it'll be a great console, but if they don't pitch it well, nobody's going to be interested in it, because Sony got show off all the fancy graphics and next gen features before them. And we already know the direction Sony's games are going in - we know the devs are building games that immerse the gamer into the world even more than the previous generation, because they have all the power they need to make games look good without trying to squeeze every ounce of performance from the console. Microsoft need to take a similar approach if they want gamers to realise the next Xbox might be the better console. As well as that, they have to do something about the price of Xbox live. Simply for XBL, owning an Xbox is so much more expensive than owning a PS3 in the long run. If Sony manage to make all the new PSN features (besides game streaming) free, Microsoft need to up their game in the online department, otherwise Sony will have a major sale advantage. All of those things MIGHT persuade me to buy my first Xbox, but it will be very hard to sway me :)
  • mbavalo - February 27, 2013 6:13 a.m.

I have a feeling it will be called the Xbox 8. If I am correct I want a free game from GR!
  • RonnyLive19881 - February 26, 2013 9:17 p.m.

Wait... y'all are excited for the PS4? Really?
  • BladedFalcon - February 27, 2013 8:03 a.m.

Far more than for the Wii U, that's for sure :P
  • theflyinfoote - February 26, 2013 7:55 p.m.

I think some one hit the nail on the head a few comments back about trying to expand to the casual gamer. This consul generation has gone on for almost 10 years. 3 years ago, the "core" was saturated and not generating any the kinds of profits for either consul. So for the last three years both systems have been trying to find new revenue streams and new costumers. Now that we are going back to the beginning we will see the Microsoft that launched the 360. Will kinect be a part of that, yes but I bet for this first few things they will just say its their, its coming in the box, now lets move on to something you all care about and talk about (insert new IP here).
  • shawksta - February 26, 2013 1:50 p.m.

"Don't focus on the media capabilities" Hahahaha, why do you think Microsoft Exist?
  • Fuzunga - February 26, 2013 10:40 a.m.

I will be VERY surprised if Microsoft is more impressive than Sony, unless they do a complete turnaround from where they are now.
  • clownferret - February 26, 2013 8:51 a.m.

making a console that will actually work for more than 6 months and not having to fork out £60 on a wireless adaptor and another £40 every year just to play the bloody thing would be a start.
  • winner2 - February 26, 2013 8:41 a.m.

I want to hear a micro exec say "let's kinect this shit up".
  • JimmyCooldaddy - February 26, 2013 7:40 a.m.

They need an awesome exclusive developer since they lost bungie. Maybe they can talk to respawn. Or throw massive piles of money their way...
  • MetroidPrimeRib - February 25, 2013 11:32 p.m.

Judging by Microsoft's past E3 conferences the chance of these things happening is around... Negative One-Hundred Percent.
  • TheDudeFromNowhere - February 25, 2013 9:56 p.m.

How? If the next Xbox plays PS4 game !!! KABOOM. JK, more exclusives that cater to a wider audience, and an option for free online play? Yeah.... anyone?
  • chavbuster1 - February 28, 2013 2:13 p.m.

Haha, I'm just worried that the PS4's going to have problems like those the PS3 had, like frame-rate issues and trouble with dlc for games like Skyrim. -and no halo 5 :(
  • TheDudeFromNowhere - March 4, 2013 12:13 p.m.

Your avatar pic is hilarious. LOL. Why Totoro, WHY !!!???
  • chavbuster1 - February 25, 2013 8:29 p.m.

Microsoft have pretty much turned their backs on coregamers i assume, with all their talk about their plans to make xbox into a multimedia, family friendly, kinect based conduit of fun. It makes me sick. There's just too much money to be made from casual gamers and families for Microsoft to ignore. If theres any mention of kinect 2.0 and some sort of cringeworthy kinect based 'FIST-BUMP' demonstration, im getting myself a fookin PS4!
  • wadesmit - February 25, 2013 10:48 p.m.

I wonder if the family-oriented approach of the Xbox in its last few years wasn't because of just that. As it was winding down, they tap another market to strap some extra cash. It was an ageing console, and most of whoever wanted one, had one. They were just providing extra incentive for non-core gamers/ the people who didn't already have one, to get one. I'd be very surprised in the next Microsoft console continued that trend.
  • chavbuster1 - March 2, 2013 5:21 a.m.

Indeed, you make a very good point there, sir. I suppose all businesses try to diversify to reach a larger audience when they get to a certain point, but I just feel that over the last few years, at each game demo or conference Microsoft has just centered all its resources on emphasising the capabilities of the Kinect, and as a diehard core gamer it makes me sad face :( +Now they're forcing it down our throats by making it standard with the Xbox720, I don't even want it yet it seems I'll still be paying for it if I bough one (-_-) ...and PS4 dosen't charge you for using your own internet connection to access online stuff, which is a pretty much what i expect as a god given right living in 2013! xD
  • garnsr - February 25, 2013 8:25 p.m.

I think the 360 hamstrung this generation, and instead of more devs learning how to use the Cell we got people releasing lesser ports onto it, and a few devs, like Naughty Dog and Insomniac, showing the benefits of Sony putting their own chip into the system instead of regular PC innards. It's too bad Sony is settling for a decent PC architecture this time around, instead of giving us a realy good gaming system, but I guess we learned that devs won't spend the time to learn to make the best possible games if there's an easier alternative. I'm not sure where Microsoft can go, if Sony is going the PC route already.
  • Person5 - February 27, 2013 11:29 a.m.

Aren't Naughty Dog and Insomniac owned by Sony? and furthermore, what's wrong with PC innards? If anything it helps show me that one day my dream of no exclusives be a reality.