• ParagonT - September 21, 2012 6:46 p.m.

Probably going to burn away some Guild Wars 2 and finish my Typography project. One of the first weekends without out-of-class work, so I'll probably be social this go around and stay on campus this weekend. Other than that, probably hit a bar with a friend and watch anime. By the way, anyone have any good suggestions for some anime that's less "mainstream"? I need some true diamonds here, because I've watched a LOT.
  • BladedFalcon - September 22, 2012 8:19 a.m.

Well... I don't know if they are still too mainstream for you, but I really loved Trigun And the Rurouni Kenshin Anime. (At least up until the Kyoto arc, which is amazing.) Aside from that... well, movie-wise, Princess Mononoke has always been and remains to be my favorite anime movie ever, and personally I never mind watching it again. And summer wars is a jolly good time as well.
  • GR_SophiaTong - September 23, 2012 10:54 a.m.

I like ponyo :D such a cute story.
  • ParagonT - September 24, 2012 5:59 a.m.

I think Ponyo is a good movie as well, but so much different than Miyazaki's other films that he's recently directed. I think you gave me an idea to look at some of his earlier works. Thanks as well!
  • BladedFalcon - September 24, 2012 7:08 a.m.

Yeah, Ponyo's pretty good ^^ I mean- Honestly I've yet to watch a Miyazaki film that I haven't enjoyed. Though I do remember not liking Spirited away nearly as much as the hype warranted... So I think that probably means I should watch it again. (I was probably like 13 when i first watched it.) as for his first works... I think the only one I've watched so far is "My friend Totoro" which is also a very good, cute an innocent story, but still pretty worthwhile to watch.
  • ParagonT - September 24, 2012 10:51 a.m.

Sometimes I have to re-watch anime that I watched as a kid to better understand it now that I'm older as well haha. You should consider watching Akira sometime, I think it was one of the first anime movie I watched. I watched it pretty young I think around six, seven, or eight as a kid, so the quality and animation may be different, but I remember it being really good. I don't think my parents fully understood what they gave me as well lol, it's definitely not for kids, too much mind-****. The director did others like Steamboy which was good as well.
  • PleasantPig - September 23, 2012 2:54 a.m.

You watched Monster? That's a good, less mainstream one.
  • ParagonT - September 24, 2012 5:54 a.m.

Actually I don't think I've watched that one all the way through. I think I started on the first couple of episodes and never finished it. Thanks! One series to watch.
  • NelosAngelos - September 21, 2012 7:44 p.m.

Going up to a mountain resort, after that, I plan to use my brand new DotA2 beta invite to full effect and maybe not piss everyone off on my team anymore.
  • obviouslyadouche - September 21, 2012 10:20 p.m.

I can't be the only person playing Borderlands 2, can I?
  • nintendo365 - September 21, 2012 11:46 p.m.

I sure hope not - its too much fun to miss.
  • t_skwerl - September 21, 2012 11:06 p.m.

I may have to get this new game called Borderlands 2. People are talking about it. :) Finally raised my tag team heaven and hell combo of Devil Jin and Angel to Tekken Lord! Whaddaya mean there are colored titles? Another event weekend in Mass Effect 3's multiplayer. I'll be trying to help people get their commendation packs, probably most of the weekend and griping about the Resident Evil 6 demo. Anyone else think it's really dark? No? Okay.
  • ObliqueZombie - September 22, 2012 1:56 a.m.

Borderlands 2. God save my semester.
  • crazor89 - September 22, 2012 3:25 a.m.

Just bought F1 2012 so I'll be playing that all weekend.
  • PolarBearsInHeat - September 22, 2012 4:24 a.m.

Played 15 and a half hours of borderlands two yesterday. I'll be reasonable and try not to clock in any more than 25 over the next two days
  • joerevs300 - September 22, 2012 5:07 a.m.

Well...Borderlands 2. Of course. Was plugging along and got my first Legendary weapon at Level 9 (An assault rifle. That shoots rockets. That have a secondary explosion 1-2 secs after the initial round. And it looks like something NASCAR came up with, being all checkered flagged and all.) I've also got some games in the queue...going to try and get into Batman: Arkham Asylum again. I have Rayman Origins and Blood Drive that I'm going to try.
  • Clovin64 - September 22, 2012 5:18 a.m.

My flat currently doesnt have a console compatable internet connection, so I havent bothered picking up Borderlands 2. I'm playing through Dark Cider 2 very slowly indeed, and I occasionally dip back into Skyrim every now and again. No, I'm not bored of it yet.
  • patbateman17 - September 22, 2012 10:47 a.m.

Sounds apple-y :)
  • Clovin64 - September 22, 2012 11:16 a.m.

Yeah, its like Darksiders 2 but made from apples.
  • patbateman17 - September 22, 2012 11:50 a.m.

That sounds amazing, I'm in! How far in are you? I had to take a stop at about 17 hours, it started to get super repetitive...but I'm sure I'll dive back in, it's still a lot of fun and I actually like the combat even though I HATE GoW style combat...but I'm focusing on Arcane (magic) so that might be why. Also, thanks for having a sense of humor :)
  • Clovin64 - September 22, 2012 3:40 p.m.

I'm only about 5 hours in, and even though the game hits all the right buttons (cool graphics, great gameplay etc) I still don't feel like I'm loving it. :( Maybe I'll like it more further on...
  • BladedFalcon - September 22, 2012 9:46 a.m.

I am full into Sleeping Dogs now, and most likely will remain as such for the entirety of the weekend. Pretty fun game so far... But kinda like the first Assasin's creed, you can see that the core game has pretty good ideas, but they aren't fully fleshed out, like the minigames, I can see those being actually pretty damn good with a bit more effort thrown at them. But unlike Assasin's Creed, the level and progression design isn't as rotten that make the game a chore to play, and really, breaking a dude's knee or crushing them with a fan never gets friggin' old.
  • GoldenEagle1476 - September 22, 2012 10:24 a.m.

Jumping back into Battlefield 3, probably gonna be playing some League of Legends too.
  • patbateman17 - September 22, 2012 10:48 a.m.

Damnit, I'm sitting in the office on a Saturday afternoon applying to law school when I just want to get started on Borderlands 2 :) Ah well, priorities priorities.
  • winner2 - September 22, 2012 11:28 a.m.

Going to be doing some studying since I don't have a console or any games here at college. Game related though, I will be continuously watching vids of Dishonored and AC3, as well as waiting impatiently for them. Also, SUPER PISSED that my little brothers are playing Borderlands 2 right now and I havn't played anything but Dragonvale since mid august.