Topics

Weekend Spent

• SDHoneymonster - August 11, 2012 4:04 p.m.

Love this idea GR! I'm happily immersed in The Witcher 2 on the 360, and I'm attempting to play Metal Gear Solid 4. An embarrassing confession, but I've never actualy played an MGS game before - needless to say the gameplay and story are fairly confusing to a newbie!
  • BladedFalcon - August 11, 2012 6:34 p.m.

Yeah... MGS4 is awesome, but it's really not a good starting point for the series. Specially since the game contains several homages and love letters to the first game and such, that will otherwise be lost on someone who hasn't played them. Your choice of course, but I'd heavily recommend going back to play at least the first one, it's still a great and fun game, and the story is awesome, even if you play the original PS version. (Although if you have a GC, playing the twin snakes remake is a much, much better choice.)
  • Tyrande - August 11, 2012 2:24 p.m.

i have so many games started.... lets see. for snes i've been playing chrono trigger and ffvi again. on ps2 Persona 3 FES, on pc The Witcher and The Last Remnant, on xbox 360 right now i'm really into Reckoning, but also have skyrim, revelations and bioshock 2 started. haven't begun max payne, nor witcher 2 for obvious reasons. on DS hotel dusk, the world ends with you, and a phoenix wright game... too many games, to little time, and a short attention span. there's actually a ton more to list.
  • DoctorCrazy - August 11, 2012 1:37 p.m.

Finally playing through Bastion, and oddly enough, Kane and Lynch 2 afterwards.
  • Armondo28 - August 11, 2012 1:15 p.m.

Im playing chron trigger for the first time I'm ashamed to say. I wasn't into RPGs when the snes was out. It's so good I'm thinking of trying out some other 16 bit RPGs. I also dug out my n64 and am playing killer instinct 64. Guess I'm on a retro gaming kick right now...
  • ObliqueZombie - August 11, 2012 11:40 p.m.

I'm on the same boat. I'm about to dig into the Tales games, and Chrono Trigger is number one on my list to beat. I had a SNES at a young age, but it wasn't personally mine and there's no way a five-year-old could play Chrono Trigger effectively xD.
  • shawksta - August 11, 2012 1:03 p.m.

Currently playing through Kingdom Hearts DDD, just finished Traverse Town with both Sora and Riku, trying to complete Dead Rising 2, I havnt played it since I first bought since last year :P and trying to get all perfects in Rhythm Heaven Fever
  • closer2192 - August 11, 2012 12:48 p.m.

Playing some Deus Ex: Human Revolutions and NBA 2K12
  • Clovin64 - August 11, 2012 12:22 p.m.

Call me crazy, but I've just started up Dragon Age 2 again for the first time in ages. I can easily tell why I lot of people hate it, but I'm having fun with it right now. Also, Skyrim. Obviously.
  • Zeos - August 11, 2012 12:14 p.m.

I'm going to continue playing Soul Calibur 5 online and beating arcade mode with every character and also attempting to beat Soul Legacy mode even once. When I'm not playing that I'll probably wrap up Crysis 2 (PS3) and continue my annual or so play through of one of the best games ever: Crono Trigger on my 3DS.
  • ObliqueZombie - August 11, 2012 12:11 p.m.

I like this idea a lot, guys. ;) This weekend, I'll be playing some World of Warcraft, leveling my lowbies in preparation for Mists of Pandaria. I'll also be delving into Dawnguard for the PC a little more (The dwarven crossbow is just stellar), and possibly beat BioShock for the billionth time in preparation to replay BioShock 2 for the billionth time. Again. But this time, for the PC, which I think has tiny little additions. If you can't tell, I got a new gaming PC and I'm loving every minute of it!
  • BladedFalcon - August 11, 2012 12:09 p.m.

Heh, cool feature, And I'm curious to see what Coop will have to say about Sleeping Dogs. On my side, I'm probably going to spend the weekend playing Teathrythm: Final fantasy mostly, and tackle the expert difficulty once I'm done with the series mode. I may also keep playing Azura's Wrath and try as get as many S scores as I can and complete stages with the Blind Master gauge.
  • KidJustKid - August 11, 2012 1:41 p.m.

A man with proper priorities - the harder ends of a rhythm game To that end, I'll be scouting for deals on PSPs - I need another fix of lap time attack in Ridge Racer. Other than that, I'm just waiting for proper reviews of Sleeping Dogs to come out, caz that's probably going to be my only purchase alongside Darksiders, unless the reviews are catastrophic.