Topics

Top 7

• bigfatround0 - December 2, 2013 2:15 p.m.

The Pokemon anime is based on the game not the opposite.
  • shawksta - December 2, 2013 2:25 p.m.

I hate it when people think Red is Ash
  • Sinosaur - December 2, 2013 8:40 p.m.

I think do think Blue is Gary, but that's only because Gary Oak is the best.
  • shawksta - December 2, 2013 9:42 p.m.

Blue and Gary are otherwise meant to be Professor Oak's nephew so technically they are similar, more closer than Ash to Red
  • Child Of Death - December 2, 2013 1:51 p.m.

I hate to admit, but I am extremely guilty of no 7
  • Redeater - December 2, 2013 1:42 p.m.

Is it even possible to be a "Nintendo fanboy"? I think the term fanboy means that you are so blinded you feel the need to defend everything. When the thing you are defending is almost always scoring 90's on metacritic.........can that even be called defending? Nintendo has made some bone headed mistakes as of late (mostly due to completely misunderstanding of why the wii was popular) but they are creating timeless classics and don't look to be slowing down any time soon. Nintendo constantly creates perfect (or damn near) groundbreaking games and at least 90% of them do not age and are always going to be gorgeous to look at, and more importantly, play. My console of choice may be the PS4 this gen but goddamn if my eyes don't light up every time N puts out a new Wii U or 3DS game.
  • ParagonT - December 2, 2013 3:52 p.m.

Just looked at Metacritic, your 90% is way off base. More like 8% scoring above 90 for Wii U, 12% for Wii, and 1% for 3DS for far. Youre grossly exaggerating what Nintendo doesn't do. As Bladed said, the fact that you have to come on here all like: "In case ANY of you were THINKING about it, Nintendo's games are perfect". I mean, it's pretty obvious.
  • Redeater - December 2, 2013 4:15 p.m.

Oh good lord. I was just giving a rough estimate. If you have so much free time that you are correcting internet comments.....why not spend that time enjoying one of Nintendo's MANY great games. *winks at camera *pockets cash from Nintendo
  • ParagonT - December 3, 2013 1:39 p.m.

I am your lord.
  • brickman409 - December 2, 2013 5:59 p.m.

Being a fanboy doesn't mean just liking a certain brand. It means liking a brand so much that you defend everything about that brand and bash on every competing brand without really thinking about why you even liked it in the first place. For example simply enjoying every Nintendo game doesn't make you a Nintendo fanboy. But if you go on the internet and start spamming comment sections about how awesome the Virtual Boy is and start saying that Sega, Sony, etc sucks and everyone who disagrees is wrong, then that would make you a fanboy.
  • masterjoe123 - December 2, 2013 1:36 p.m.

The only reason I am a fanboy is because I don't have the money for more than one console.
  • Bansheebot - December 2, 2013 11:48 a.m.

This article should contain a link the comments section of GR's Halo Reach review.
  • lemur - December 2, 2013 2:11 p.m.

And all their reviews later where people commented "So it's better than Halo Reach?"
  • Firepunch - December 2, 2013 11:24 a.m.

You guys can't seem to drop the darn DmC controversy can you.
  • Squirrel - December 2, 2013 11:11 a.m.

Oh back in my crazy fanboy days I use to put my gaming preferences' according magazines over top all of the rivals' magazines. Like it made any difference lol. But I certainly know how deep the mouth of madness goes. Its like an addiction. You're a devout religious priest who must protect all that is good and holy. Its sickening to me know. Knowing I had no logic but only unthinking devotion and hate. Its must be exactly what being on the dark side is like. Its was exceedindly difficult to excise the fanboyism out of my soul, but once you do you feel so much better. But that's not saying you can't be a fan still. Fandom is a wonderful and positive experience. I love certain developers for their style and gaming philosophy, but no longer defend them from every mistake. And I own multiple consoles because that's the best way to enjoy the most of gaming as the art form it is. But there is so much fanboyism out there its hard to ignore and can tempt you to return to your appropriate "side". So I use that same energy now fighting the ignorance of fanboyisms, trying to show them there is virtue and value on all consoles. GamesRadar may say its natural to pick and defend a side, but natural can also be barbaric, unintelligent, and less evolved. Who wants to be like that all for the name of corporation?
  • N7Spartan95 - December 2, 2013 11:37 a.m.

I think you deserve a round of applause for that comment. Bravo, good sir.
  • Letter11 - December 2, 2013 11:09 a.m.

Haha, I'm loving these articles on fanboyism. You know how I know I'm a fanboy? I spent all weekend refreshing my google search for PS4 European launch sales data, just hoping I could rub it in my brothers face. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-12-02-playstation-4-uk-launch-sales-are-over-250k I know, I know, I'm not proud of myself... Whatever, fanboys forever!!!
  • Cyberninja - December 2, 2013 11:07 a.m.

Coop should totally be Fanboy Coop for the whole Top 7 this week, just imagine the joy it would bring everyone.
  • GR HollanderCooper - December 2, 2013 10:29 p.m.

Dude, Greg would kill me and Tom would fire me, all at the same time. But, yes. I will.
  • winner2 - December 2, 2013 11:06 a.m.

People who do 6 should have elephant shit trebuched at their residence.