• awinnerisjew - June 25, 2012 12:35 p.m.

No one else is going to say it? I have to be the one? Ok fine. First page: I can't wait to see a film with a movie tie-in! Awesome! What does that even LOOK LIKE?!
  • avedon-arcade - June 25, 2012 12:53 p.m.

Film with a movie tie-in? What?
  • robotdickens - June 25, 2012 12:57 p.m.

Kick out The Big Apple and put in more costumes. There are too many games set in New York not to mention movies too. Yes the skyscrapers are fun to climb/web up and then free fall down but the variation of costumes are much better than that. Even though Shattered Dimensions was short and linear it was really good. Future Spidey was more super soldier than annoying wise cracking kid, Noir Spidey was definitely the best part of that game. Less New York, more awesome costumes I say.
  • CrashmanX - June 25, 2012 3:10 p.m.

What's that? Spider-Man set in his home town where all the comics take place? No way! Seriously though. They're not going to. It's kinda ya know a huge part of Spider-Man. All of Noir was in New York and so was 2099. They were just different periods.
  • KnightDehumidifier - June 25, 2012 1 p.m.

My favorite Spider-Man game is when Spider-Man becomes Batman and traverses Arkham City instead of New York. Bold change, but definitely the best.
  • Cyberninja - June 25, 2012 1:38 p.m.

Spidy games are always some my favorites like ultimate for PS2, it was beauty in motion.
  • codystovall - June 25, 2012 1:52 p.m.

antivenom is not a villain, that said his rogues dont come close to batmans so stop the blasphemy.
  • CrashmanX - June 25, 2012 3:08 p.m.

You sure about that? Batman's are pretty close in terms of bad asserey degrees.
  • Jessmn2 - June 25, 2012 5:40 p.m.

Batman doesn't have Venom. That is my response.
  • obviouslyadouche - June 25, 2012 2:50 p.m.

I Can't be the only person who takes issue with the first sentence. Great article otherwise but i have to do this because I'm such a die hard Batman fan.
  • Viron - June 25, 2012 5:12 p.m.

Batman is kinda of a giant asshole. It's hard to like an asshole
  • BladedFalcon - June 25, 2012 7:25 p.m.

Not really, assholes in fiction tend to be pretty popular. It's only IRL ones that get in people's nerves.
  • GR_HenryGilbert - June 25, 2012 6:31 p.m.

I love Bats too, but I don't currently have the time to list the ways Spidey is a better character. Maybe later
  • obviouslyadouche - June 25, 2012 11:38 p.m.

When you do I'll read it , always nice when the GR staff respondsin the comments.
  • Pwnz0r3d - June 25, 2012 4:09 p.m.

I'm assuming by "comparable to Batman's rouges gallery" you mean that basically the only Marvel villains known to the mainstream are Spidey's, just like Batman. For Marvel, EVERYONE knows who Venom and Doctor Octopus are, even if they've never touched a comic. For DC, EVERYONE knows who the Joker is. Both heroes are pretty much the mascots for their respective companies.
  • DualWieldingIsNotFeasible - June 25, 2012 4:24 p.m.

I'm actually somewhat interested in the new Spider-Man game. Sure, it's a movie tie-in, but after after the utter disappointment of Prototype 2, I'm itching for a decent 'navigate around a huge open world with crazy powers' game. Also, I see what you did with the title there, Hank.
  • Jessmn2 - June 25, 2012 5:44 p.m.

...very bold first sentence to say the least.... But, yeah, Spiderman games are really really awesome. Usually. They also usually involve Venom in some way, which I'm okay with. Ultimate Spider Man was and is my favorite SM game ever. It WAS favorite superhero game....but then Arkham City came out..... Still a close second though.
  • RuggedBeef - June 25, 2012 5:58 p.m.

. I can not understand why arkam asylum is considered so good. I felt confined while playing it. The gameplay is ok but I hated the way they portrayed the villains. They were childish and stupid. And the story is pointless. The game felt wrong. I quit after 2 hours and never played again.
  • Alomeigne - June 25, 2012 11:35 p.m.

Fed troll is fed by me, but is a troll none the less.
  • He_Never_Helps - October 8, 2013 7:11 p.m.

You quit after two hours, but you found the story pointless, and the game confining? How incredibly perplexing. Hmm. I can't understand why you don't understand why other people like it... Tricky one. This will take some thought... Arrgh, if only there was a clue as to why! Some crazy, mysterious connection between a lack of understanding and a lack of information... I give up. This mystery is insolvable. Honestly, one for the ages. :p To be honest i'm not huge fan either, in large part owing to my lack of interest in comic books. I find them far too short and too often insultingly simplistic. Excepting Dave Sim, of course. Cerebus is the best parody of inquisition-era papal rome ever written (sorry, Python), and possibly the only attempt at accurately recreating the days leading up to the death of Oscar Wilde. Melmoth, book 8, is amazing on so many levels... I digress. Aside from the combat, which is fluid and addictive, it's not really emotionally provocative enough for my tastes (although watching the young doctor turn into Harley Quinn was pretty powerful). But while It's no Assassin's Creed, Asylum does qualify as a fully functioning, full size sandbox. Once i got out of the corridors i discovered it to be quite a bit bigger than i expected, and i absolutely understand why it was an almost universal contender for GotY. *GASP!!* Hey wait! If remember correctly, it took more than two hours for the game to allow access to the full map...! No. No way. It couldn't possibly be that simple-- could it? Could there truly be a connection between a lack of information and a lack of understanding?! I must call my publisher! I feel a self-help book coming on! XD