Topics

Top 7

• C.King - July 22, 2013 3:31 p.m.

TM26: earthquake 100 power 100 accuracy, same stats as the signature moves of black and white's mascots, it pretty much kills everything that doesn't resist it and even then it does a fair amount
  • BladedFalcon - July 22, 2013 6:32 p.m.

Flying types say hi : D
  • C.King - July 26, 2013 1:50 a.m.

aren't flying types .... awful defensively? bad type combos and low defenses
  • BladedFalcon - July 26, 2013 5:28 a.m.

They make that up with awesome speed, and usually pretty high attack stats, why have defense if you can destroy your opponent before they even make a move? :P
  • C.King - July 26, 2013 1:28 p.m.

rock shard, priority attacks. also usually their attack stats usually don't break 90 for the faster ones and all flying type moves with over 80 power have a drawback of some kind. but roost is pretty cool and acrobatics rly handy with a good idea, but still generally pokemon who know earthquake have just as big of an attack stat if not more and decent defense this discussion kinda makes me wanna throw in my guesses on fairy type
  • FireIceEarth - July 22, 2013 2:40 p.m.

The bow in Far Cry 3 is pretty ridiculously overpowered; a silent weapon which one-shots the target no matter where you hit them?!
  • Evanesco - July 22, 2013 4:03 p.m.

Um, false? Did you even play the game?
  • FireIceEarth - August 4, 2013 12:24 a.m.

Well I've finished it on both normal and hard mode and that's what happened to me :S
  • shawksta - July 22, 2013 2:19 p.m.

Neat list I agree with Bladed falcon on the molotiv. Does the Medic in TF2 count as an item because goddamn it those ubercharges are too bullshit and most of the time, especially in say Control Points/King of the Hill. I personally don't mind the Blue shell, one of the biggest dicks is that one asshole who PUSHES you after your already heavily damaged, even.worse when its off a goddamn cliff
  • BladedFalcon - July 22, 2013 1:41 p.m.

The molotovs in the multiplayer from The last of Us is kinda ridiculously overpowered, specially if you have the skill that widens it's radius to 50% extra. It has a ridiculous area of effect, it explodes on impact, and not only does it kill you instantly, unlike other weapons, it straight up executes you without giving you a chance to be revived, AND you can aim it to always accurately know where it's going to hit, so there's not even that much skill required to use it properly. A not even that well placed molotov can kill all 4 members of the opposing team if they are close to each other. Which, being a multiplayer that encourages team work more than most, it's a very frequent scenario. The only real drawback is that they are somewhat limited per round, yet you're almost always guaranteed to be able to make at least 3 or 4 per match. many more so if your team is losing.
  • Frieza - July 22, 2013 12:26 p.m.

In my experience, Binary Rifle > Energy Sword. The energy sword is much easier to avoid and counter as long as you know someone on the field has it. A player with an energy sword out is a sitting duck at long range, since it'll take some time to change weapons and grenades arn't always effective. And as a last resort you can throw a plasma grenade at your opponent while he's charging to get a revenge kill. The Binary Rifle, despite having less starting ammo and is a much rarer find, can OHKO you from anywhere as long as your opponent has a visual on you (and is a decent shot). No headshot required, just point and click. It might be less effective on smaller maps with a lot of obstacles, but I still found it more effective than the energy sword.
  • Satchurated - July 22, 2013 9:04 p.m.

Yeah, gotta agree with that. I'd even argue that the sticky grenade or the incineration cannon is more unfair. Sticky grenade because right when you melee someone, the guy can get lucky with a lame sticky kill. And incineration cannon because of the bouncing mortars after the first shot. Both lame weapons....
  • N7Spartan95 - July 22, 2013 9:28 p.m.

I can agree that the Incineration Cannon is somewhat overpowered, but damn it, it still makes me smile to rain explosive death on a group of enemies whilst cackling maniacally. Sue me.
  • Frieza - July 23, 2013 8:55 a.m.

The plasma grenade isn't that bad though. It may seem unfair that it's easy to stick someone at close range, but that's what it's for. When it comes to mid range and long range, its effectiveness is very limited. You need to have really good aim and a little luck to stick someone at mid range, considering your opponent is moving around and shooting at you while you aim your shot. On top of that you only get two (three if you have that grenade perk) of them at the beginning of each life, and if you throw one and don't stick anyone, you pretty much wasted the grenade since its splash damage is mediocre (unless your opponent is standing right on top of it, you wont be doing much damage to him). The incineration cannon... ...that thing is just not fun.
  • Satchurated - July 23, 2013 10:22 a.m.

I'd argue the plasma grenade is more of a vehicle destroyer. It can also be good at making enemies scatter. I just think it's probably the most frustrating weapon to be on the wrong side of in halo. You could be doing so well, maybe a killing frenzy, and then some lucky bastard gets you with one of those.
  • ThatGamerDude - July 22, 2013 12:16 p.m.

Would it be safe to add any shotgun from BF3 to this list?
  • Terrorrizor - July 22, 2013 11:33 a.m.

COD grenade launchers are pretty bad, they just come out of nowhere.
  • slimjim441 - July 22, 2013 11:28 a.m.

Pssh blue shell. That shit can be avoided these days. The CoD knife is utter bullshit though. 'AH! You sliced my forearm! I'll just die immediately! BWAAH!'
  • Mr.YumYums - July 22, 2013 12:51 p.m.

I remember back in MW2 people doing "Knifing Builds" going around knifing everyone. Does that still happened? It was quiet funny to watch actually.
  • slimjim441 - July 22, 2013 2:27 p.m.

Wouldn't know. Haven't played CoD since the MW3 release got in the way of me playing Metal Gear. That is unacceptable.
  • Rub3z - July 22, 2013 5:43 p.m.

I'm the asshole who ran around the map stabbing people indiscriminately in MW2. They should kind of revise their entry to the MW2 knife, because they've since nerfed its capabilities by taking away increased speed and infinite sprinting combined with no fall damage, faster mantling onto objects and of course ridiculously long-range Spiderman stab-lunges. I even once remember a glitch where you can have a killstreak that improved your knifing abilities: the care package. In some totally roundabout way, of course. By equipping the care package marker, and just holding it in your hand, you could imbue your stabby-person with even greater running speed for the rest of the match. The glitch got patched, but even without it the existing Perk setups made MW2 a broken game... a shooter that you could conceivably win without pushing a single button. Left stick to move and sprint forward, Right stick to look around and stab things. I could get 10+ kill streaks in this fashion. I could even multiple times in one life make daring bounds into the open, sprinting straight towards men who've leveled their gunsights on me, and successfully tank a couple hits or snake from side to side enough to reach them and kill them. It was as amazing and gleeful as much as it was utterly stupid. It was either a crowning achievement for player freedom, that one could win the game without pushing a single button, or a testament to the importance of balancing. Either way, it was fun.
  • Rayce185 - July 22, 2013 11:24 a.m.

What about the BFG from Quake III Arena? Linked with Quad Damage it definitely deserves the first place!
  • Talvari - July 22, 2013 11:17 a.m.

Geez...Screw the AWP. Always felt cheap when I just suddenly die from an AWP shot to the lower chest or leg :| Then again I was just a fan of the Scout myself! Also good old Blue Shell. Good memories of both evil laughter when making someone lose first place or frustration from losing it myself xD Nice list :D
  • loomis22 - July 22, 2013 1:34 p.m.

Yup, back in my CS:S days, the scout was my favorite. People would get so mad when you kill them with it when they have an AWP. Ahh, memories.