Topics

Top 7

• BladedFalcon - May 4, 2013 7:20 p.m.

Took me a while to do so, but I've finally watched the video you guys made for this list, and it's pretty awesome! congratulation guys! the video really does make it an awesome companion piece for the article! ^^
  • VelcroCowboy - May 1, 2013 9:49 a.m.

The homing laser from Blazing Lazers should be on the list
  • dns - April 30, 2013 7:21 p.m.

I liked the idea of the video, I hope I can watch more of those (especially because you can't read any article on Google Currents that are only image and description like top 7). PS: War Machine >> Ironman
  • C.King - April 30, 2013 6:32 p.m.

i'm surprised the spur(completed polar star) from cave story isn't on here the zero laser from ssbb is fun 2 and somewhat of a rarer treat since it can only be fired every other smash ball obtained
  • The_Reaper - April 30, 2013 8:32 a.m.

Planescape Torment's Mechanus Cannon. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKZZEPoVb4c
  • Fireninjastar - April 30, 2013 6:05 a.m.

Does a pokemon with Hyper Beam count?
  • BackwaterRifle - April 29, 2013 8:50 p.m.

Archimedes II From New Vegas
  • g1rldraco7 - April 29, 2013 7:40 p.m.

The collector particle beam has my ass more times in Mass Effect than any other weapon. Ah the laser trident from Megaman, makes the game very easy and good time for me.
  • codystovall - April 29, 2013 7:35 p.m.

Im'a firin' mah laser.
  • antiAntag0nist - April 29, 2013 6:13 p.m.

It is immensely satisfying to kill an enemy or vehicle with the Spartan Laser.
  • MrPkhead - April 29, 2013 5:50 p.m.

I know it lacks the giddy thrill of the gluon gun from Half Life (not a laser, I know) or the pleasing tactical disintegration of the nano forge rifle from Red Faction Guerilla (also not a laser, granted). But it has to be the laser sniper rifle from XCOM. Every single kill felt like a personal statement from an angry Old Testament deity. Especially in slow-mo. Especially ² when it was on overwatch.
  • LordZarlon - April 29, 2013 5:37 p.m.

What about the laser in Contra or the super digging laser in that mission in Starcraft 2.
  • Satchurated - April 29, 2013 4:45 p.m.

I don't know about that Hollander. It may be a signal strike, but it is indeed a laser. "The Hammer of Dawn was a COG (part UIR) Imulsion-energized orbital satellite-based laser" (Gearspedia) (http://gearsofwar.wikia.com/wiki/Hammer_of_Dawn) And check out this video (http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=uxF3LPmraU8&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DuxF3LPmraU8) That beam looks like a laser to me.
  • GR HollanderCooper - April 29, 2013 8:22 p.m.

But it's not the gun that's shooting it, that's the problem.
  • haxxoromg - April 29, 2013 4:24 p.m.

i think the halo slot on this list should have been filled by, you know, the halo itself. seriously, it's a laser gun the size of a moon that can kill everything in the galaxy what's not to like?
  • Baz - April 30, 2013 9:57 a.m.

They're not lasers.
  • bigwill1221 - April 29, 2013 3:48 p.m.

No scarab gun!? lol jk
  • rainn'sgaydar - April 29, 2013 2:47 p.m.

You're correct in not having it on the list, but I fully expected the moonraker laser from goldeneye to appear. Or at least the watch laser. The list is much better as is, of course. Collector particle beam is my favorite weapon maybe ever
  • Elgyem - April 29, 2013 1:19 p.m.

What about TF2's Cow Mangler 5000? It's a laser gun where the lasers EXPLODE ON CONTACT and UTTERLY DISINTEGRATE ANYBODY IT HITS (their disintegration spasms are the best part).
  • bobob101 - April 29, 2013 1:03 p.m.

I remember there was one other top 7 done in video style, and I like it.