Topics

Top 7

• ViolentLee - November 25, 2013 5:33 p.m.

I literally don't remember that Dreamcast Godzilla game, and I started working at Game Informer about a month after the console launched. As for Perfect Dark Zero, what a HD deuce that was! I marveled at the textures, then gave up after the third attempt on a very early escort-mission level. F that game. Remember what a crappy launch the Japanese PS2 had, though? They had a DDR ripoff, I forget the name. It had this awful cover of My Sherona in it. ::shivers::
  • Fatbot - November 25, 2013 6:31 p.m.

Helmut Von Strauss?!
  • ViolentLee - November 25, 2013 6:34 p.m.

Yup that's me. (or at least, was me)
  • lastusableusername - November 25, 2013 5:22 p.m.

"eventually be dozens of games that make these consoles worth owning" Except on those systems that got slaughtered (various Sega/Atari stuff, WonderSwan, Virtual Boy) but I guess they generally never had much of a chance.
  • Swedish_Chef - November 25, 2013 4:32 p.m.

God damn Red Steel was so terrible. At least the sequel was pretty tits though.
  • Timstertimster - November 26, 2013 9:22 a.m.

Pretty tits are important. And ass, too.
  • interasteral7 - November 25, 2013 3:44 p.m.

I guess Namco Bandai will never release another Mobile Suit Gundam entry outside of Japan after the disastrous Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire with the exception of those awful and repetitive Dynasty Warriors: Gundam.
  • Temperance11 - November 25, 2013 1:33 p.m.

I not only bought Perfect Dark Zero at launch, I played through the entire thing...I'll never get those hours or that money back.
  • g1rldraco7 - November 25, 2013 1:20 p.m.

Those developers who made that crappy Godzilla generations should be stomped to death by Godzilla himself for tarnishing his image GRRRR!!!!
  • Korppi - November 25, 2013 5:43 p.m.

I feel the same way about the Crossfire devs and a Mobile Suit!
  • EAC73 - November 25, 2013 12:53 p.m.

I would have to say the 3DS launch as a whole should be number one, but yeah Perfect Dark Zero was not exactly the greatest game, but I got it with my 360, and the split screen was fun for my brothers and I.
  • KnightDehumidifier - November 25, 2013 12:50 p.m.

Fantavision, Evergrrace, Cel Damage, Street Fighter: The Movie, Fighting Street, are terrible, TERRIBLE.
  • GR_JustinTowell - November 25, 2013 12:32 p.m.

Oh Henry, why did you have to remind me about Grabbed By The Ghoulies? I *LOVE* that game! Now I'm sad it never got a sequel. Probably because of the awful name that put off everyone who might have otherwise tried it. Also: To think I bought Perfect Dark Zero at launch. *shudder*
  • GR_HenryGilbert - November 25, 2013 12:56 p.m.

If I could have found a 360 back in 2005, I'd have been in the same boat.
  • nick-stancato - November 25, 2013 12:13 p.m.

Red Steel deserves to be mentioned. And pretty sure Ryse is about tied in score with Knack
  • RSQViper - November 25, 2013 12:20 p.m.

PS: Ryse is released. If it deserved to be on the list it would be there. The people I know who actually bought RYSE are enjoying it. So now, I'm thinking about getting it. i'll definitely at lest rent it. But Knack? Man, it seems to be pretty bad.
  • nick-stancato - November 25, 2013 12:24 p.m.

I also hear friends enjoying Ryse, just as I do Knack. I own Knack and really like it myself. It didnt meet its potential, but its not nearly as bad as critics seem to think (and the metacritic score shows that)
  • RSQViper - November 25, 2013 12:30 p.m.

I think we can all at least agree that Perfect Dark Zero was terrible.
  • GR_HenryGilbert - November 25, 2013 12:56 p.m.

Fuuuuuuuu... How could I forget Red Steel!?!?!?!
  • ihopethisisnotantistasblood - November 25, 2013 noon

I liked perfect dark zero a little bit
  • SouthTippBass - November 25, 2013 11:56 a.m.

Good article, I would have included red steel in that as well. Is anyone proof reading these by the way? Quite a few mistakes slipping in guys.
  • winner2 - November 25, 2013 11:44 a.m.

When I heard y'all play a clip of knack on the podcast and I heard knack talk, I was in disbelief. Like, how the hell do you make SUCH a shitty call in the design of a game. I was expecting knack to be a kiddy, lighthearted guy who's all smiles, and it could not have been further from acceptable. Tom's pessimism turned out to be prophetic.